Matt Cassel a Bill

Nanker

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Immobile, mediocre QB flunks physical with a bum foot? If EJ can't beat him out cut him. I know not making mistakes is important, but you still need the QB to make some plays. We saw the Orton limitations last year, and this is starting to sound like a rerun.

Edited by negativo

VERRRRY INTERRRRESTING

Matt Cassel expects QB competition with EJ Manuel

After his trade from the Minnesota Vikings was finalized Tuesday, Matt Cassel was introduced Wednesday and anticipated a competition with EJ Manuel.

I know that EJ’s here, and he’s a young, talented player. I expect that there’s going to be a competition. Again, you have to go out and earn your opportunity to play in this league."

VERRRRY INTERRRRESTING

Matt Cassel expects QB competition with EJ Manuel

After his trade from the Minnesota Vikings was finalized Tuesday, Matt Cassel was introduced Wednesday and anticipated a competition with EJ Manuel.

I know that EJs here, and hes a young, talented player. I expect that theres going to be a competition. Again, you have to go out and earn your opportunity to play in this league."

um I hope he expects that

Well, he's Meh Cassel not Tom Brady. One would expect there to be a competition for starting QB. I'm sure Cassel is the slight favorite over EJ, but hardly a lock. If we sign Tryod Taylor or draft a QB there will be a 3rd in the mix. Remember when Seattle signed Matt Flynn and he was beaten out by an undersized 3rd round pick named Russell Wilson?

Our QB situation is still very fluid.

Edited by negativo

And is now the hands down favorite to start, I assume.

Imo

I would agree, unless EJ beats him out in camp. That only happens if EJ shakes off the yips he developed under Marrone and I realize most people aren't counting on it to happen. But if it does, it'd be a great thing for this team in '15. If he can't, while I don't love Meh, he's enough to get 10 wins, maybe 11 or 12 if things go really right.