Matt Cassel a Bill

Nanker

Found this interesting from a Rodak article:

New quarterback Matt Cassel said this week that he has had eight offensive coordinators in the past seven seasons. Here is the list: Norv Turner (2014), Bill Musgrave (2013), Brian Daboll (2012), Bill Muir (2011), Charlie Weis (2010), Todd Haley (2009), Chan Gailey (2009 preseason), and Josh McDaniels (2008).

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so sick of people disrespecting the man's name. Most of you all are mouth breathing losers. Meh to all the classless pajama boys and office slackers.

What you fail to realize is by Buffalo standards "Meh" is actually somewhat complimentary as a QB reference.

What I honestly would like to know

Is Matt Cassel on a average day as good as Kyle Orton on a average day

Kyle Orton was downright impressive before he stopped giving a crap

What I honestly would like to know is the truth from the FO. (and soon - after the draft)

Was Meh brought in as a mentor

Was Tyrod brought in as a backup or a legit competitor to EJ

Do they have any real faith in EJ

What I honestly would like to know is the truth from the FO. (and soon - after the draft)

Was Meh brought in as a mentor

Was Tyrod brought in as a backup or a legit competitor to EJ

Do they have any real faith in EJ

What exactly is "Meh" anyway?

Can Meh read defenses

Can Meh get the ball where receivers can catch it

Can Meh make good decisions with the ball

Keep in mind Meh isnt going to be asked to win games.....that is gonna be Shady and Fred Jacksons job

Can Meh read defenses

Keep in mind Meh isnt going to be asked to win games.....that is gonna be Shady and Fred Jacksons job

Meh = ambiguous towards a person, place, thing, or situation. so-so

or - Oh well, It doesn't matter and or I don't care. about the guy as a QB

ergo Meh is Matt Cassel

too long a story to get into as to why it's used here

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

Can Meh read defenses

Well considering his career record of 33-38, that's a good thing.

Well considering his career record of 33-38, that's a good thing.

It really is not that simple....

Career records is a TEAM stat.......if you play on @hit teams you gonna have a bad record. He might have been in the wrong system...he might have had lousy protection...he might not have had targets....

And part of the 33-38 was two winning seasons at QB and a pro bowl appearence so.........

Career records is a TEAM stat.......if you play on @hit teams you gonna have a bad record. He might have been in the wrong system...he might have had lousy protection...he might not have had targets....

And part of the 33-38 was two winning seasons at QB and a pro bowl appearence so.........

tell that to the detractors please

and or

tell that to the statisticians please

yet on occasions one guy can foul the whole thing up

I would argue that his 2 seasons, one 5 years ago and another 7 years ago, are the outliners of an average at best career. He took over one of the greatest teams ever (18-1 Pats). I give Cassel props for his career. Career college backup and 7th rounder. But he is not very talented.

A lot can change in 5 years. Players don't normally improve after 10 years in the NFL when they are on a downward trend (30 tds, 34 ints). This is people trying to talk themselves into Orton. At some point, you are what.

EJ and possibly Taylor need to earn the job, no question. But no fanbase should get excited about starting Matt Cassel. Good guy I'm sure but he is a kick the ball to high hopes. He is an average on his best days type of QB.

I would argue that his 2 seasons, one 5 years ago and another 7 years ago, are the outliners of an average at best career. He took over one of the greatest teams ever (18-1 Pats). I give Cassel props for his career. Career college backup and 7th rounder. But he is not very talented.

A lot can change in 5 years. Players don't normally improve after 10 years in the NFL when they are on a downward trend (30 tds, 34 ints). This is people trying to talk themselves into Orton. At some point, you are what.

EJ and possibly Taylor need to earn the job, no question. But no fanbase should get excited about starting Matt Cassel. Good guy I'm sure but he is a kick the ball to high hopes. He is an average on his best days type of QB.

The definition of a game manager/care taker QB bridging our way to next years first round pick

I'm with you on the issue of Cassel. Quite honestly, the folks that want Cassel to be the starter should have wanted Orton to be the starter as well. They're both journeyman quarterbacks with similar completion percentage, TD/INT ratio, QBR, etc. When all of their measurables are nearly identical in similar situations (having a good or bad defense, having good receivers versus mediocre), I can't see why people would want more of the status quo. I'm not following you at all on Taylor. He's been in the league for 4 years and hasn't been groomed for anything but water boy for Joe Flacco. He's fast and might provide opportunity to use him in the read option, but his accuracy is terrible. It wasn't very good in college either, so there's plenty of data points to work off of. EJ hasn't been much better, but at least has shown us some signs that he can be the part. Carolina, Jacksonville, and Chicago were all game winning drives.

The definition of a game manager/care taker QB bridging our way to next years first round pick

Bridging our way how? So you would rather have a 0.500 record with Cassel than risk a 5-11 season with Manuel? Counter intuitive to planning on drafting QB next season. Also counter intuitive to what the front office is actually doing right now in terms of building a team to win now.

I'm with you on the issue of Cassel. Quite honestly, the folks that want Cassel to be the starter should have wanted Orton to be the starter as well. They're both journeyman quarterbacks with similar completion percentage, TD/INT ratio, QBR, etc. When all of their measurables are nearly identical in similar situations (having a good or bad defense, having good receivers versus mediocre), I can't see why people would want more of the status quo. I'm not following you at all on Taylor. He's been in the league for 4 years and hasn't been groomed for anything but water boy for Joe Flacco. He's fast and might provide opportunity to use him in the read option, but his accuracy is terrible. It wasn't very good in college either, so there's plenty of data points to work off of. EJ hasn't been much better, but at least has shown us some signs that he can be the part. Carolina, Jacksonville, and Chicago were all game winning drives.

Bridging our way how? So you would rather have a 0.500 record with Cassel than risk a 5-11 season with Manuel? Counter intuitive to planning on drafting QB next season. Also counter intuitive to what the front office is actually doing right now in terms of building a team to win now.

I expect no less then 10 wins