Bills to trade Kiko Alonso for LeSean McCoy

CNY315

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nobody jumps for joy getting traded to Buffalo. He'll get over that stat when he talks to Freddie, see's the Rex/Roman offense and feels the incredible support of the 716. Doesn't worry me a bit. Great trade. Kiku was expendable and we needed a #1 back.

I'm no Leroi, so this is only a hunch: Sanchez signs, and he does it right as soon as free agency opens. Just feels like one of those "I'll sign but you gotta get me some offensive weapons to work with" things.

I doubt that. Sanchez isn't the sort of QB (none of the UFA class are) that could possibly have influence to make that kind of demand.

I was originally confused by the deal, but I don't get the huge reaction.

1) Kiko is a good player coming off a major knee injury

2) After the injury, Kiko is just under contract for two more years, so all the talk about McCoy's age are irrelevant when you are really focusing on what you get the next couple years.

3) Rex is the D guy, and if he is willing to part with him for a RB, I think he has a plan for the Xs and Os.

4) RB is a position that has shown less value difference between average and very good and has had its value eroded. But this guy can play.

5) McCoy will take some time with the adjustment and disappointment, but he is going to a ground and pound team where he will be the centerpiece.

6) McCoy can talk about Pennsylvania, but please remind him that it is 1:07 from the Ralph to the PA border, and half that if he lets Dareus drive.

I'm reluctantly optimistic about this. I had been really excited about adding Kiko to our defense and trying to keep Spiller, but I think this can work out fine.

not necessary - he didn't do the job , that's the main issue.

the point I rebutted was that Kiko was "not good enough" to play MLB; I stand by my proposed correction that it was a matter of him not being big enough to play the Mike. Why do you think the Bills plan was to move him outside before he tore his ACL ?

Rbs are dime a dozen. Spare me he's a too 3 back. He will get a ton of carries. Of course he will get yards. And $12mm? I'd take Spiller @$3.5mm for 4 yrs and his special teams too. We have Jackson, Brown and Dixon. Dixon has one year left, Brown, too. Jackson has 2 yrs iirc.

So we get a high priced back for maybe 3 yrs max before he's spent. And lose out on a damn good WLB who may be a bit gimpy. Its an even trade for talent but there has to be more to this.

It makes no sense only because the money for McCoy. We must know something about Alonso.

PS. I hate the whole shady nickname.

This trade shows who is in charge in Buffalo, and it ain't Whaley. This is ALL Rex Ryan. Whaley is not trading his best draft pick (based on draft slot) for a RB.

Wow, I don't see that at all. This is another 'big balls' move by Whaley in the mold of the Watkins trade. Doug wants to win NOW, and he's going all in...

Edited by Lurker

Rbs are dime a dozen. Spare me he's a too 3 back. He will get a ton of carries. Of course he will get yards. And $12mm? I'd take Spiller @$3.5mm for 4 yrs and his special teams too. We have Jackson, Brown and Dixon. Dixon has one year left, Brown, too. Jackson has 2 yrs iirc.

So we get a high priced back for maybe 3 yrs max before he's spent. And lose out on a damn good WLB who may be a bit gimpy. Its an even trade for talent but there has to be more to this.

It makes no sense only because the money for McCoy. We must know something about Alonso.

PS. I hate the whole shady nickname.

His cap number is completely irrelevant. He's only got $1 million in guaranteed money left, which means he'll be renegotiating before he's a Bill. His cap number will be reduced. By how much, we'll see.

It's of absolutely zero surprise that you don't like the shady nickname either. :lol:

I was in Vegas two years ago when the Lions played at Philly, it was a memorable game for me as I was visiting the old man and hand't seen him in a few years. The snow was as bad as the Bills game at Cleveland about 6-7 years ago that Edwards started in. Players couldn't move. In the second half McCoy was making cuts that seemed to defy logic. He was untouchable. It reminded me of the 6 TD performance Gale Sayers had in the rain. His ability to maintain his balance was just so far ahead of any other player on the field in those conditions. After seeing that performance, thinking about about the type of weather we get, it's going to be exciting to watch this guy in December. McCoy rushed for 217 yards in that game against a very good Lions run defense.