RUMOR: EJ Manuel Likely To Be Cut

negativo

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not gonna happen.

We are stuck with EJ for one more year. For better or worse>

This thread premise is just horrible nonsense.

Leroi has got to be saying " Gotcha"

I said it earlier, he was trolling everyone with the Rex and Roman thing and ended up being right so everyone was looking to him for info.

I said it earlier, he was trolling everyone with the Rex and Roman thing and ended up being right so everyone was looking to him for info.

I know you did.

I am just surprised at how gullible even some of our more revered members are. Even after explaining how completely insane it would be to "cut" EJ.

Unfortunately we don't know that for sure. Marrone decided it was best to clip his wings and see if he could fly.

Wouldn't this team have been better served to just let Manuel play in the style he plays his best? What's the downside? Let him play with his legs as an option and learn if he was the right or wrong choice by him either playing well, not playing well or getting hurt. Doing what Marrone did by just telling him to avoid injuries and turnovers only put Manuel's true evaluation and development on hold. I'm looking forward to seeing what he does under Roman's offense considering Kaepernick's success in it.

I think he has been evaluated to the top of his potential, and it aint good. Cut him.

I know you did.

I am just surprised at how gullible even some of our more revered members are. Even after explaining how completely insane it would be to "cut" EJ.

I thought about it after the original "shock" of the concept and realized it couldn't be true.

What do injuries do? Accelerate his progress?

EJ was never a Colin Kaepernick or Cam Newton. He runs like Aaron Rodgers does. This revisionist history about his "game" being limited is crap.

Revisionist history indeed. He was not great running the ball and I thought that was his only real asset as a qb, since he couldn't throw that well. I wish people would stop with the JP Losmaneske it was the coaches or injuries. Edited by seq004

Revisionist history indeed. He was not great running the ball and I thought that was his only real asset as a qb, since he couldn't throw that well. I wish people would stop with the JP Losmaneske it was the coaches or injuries.

EJ regressed in the 4 games he played in 2014. There is no explanation for that. He showed he can play much better than that his rookie season. That isn't saying his rookie season was spectacular, but I believe other factors played a role, and that those 4 games (a very small sample size) weren't showing his abilities.

I mean our running game did go from 2nd to 25th from 2013 to 2014. The whole offense regressed. The reasons why are debatable but I don't think EJ is the reason.

EJ regressed in the 4 games he played in 2014. There is no explanation for that. He showed he can play much better than that his rookie season. That isn't saying his rookie season was spectacular, but I believe other factors played a role, and that those 4 games (a very small sample size) weren't showing his abilities.

I mean our running game did go from 2nd to 25th from 2013 to 2014. The whole offense regressed. The reasons why are debatable but I don't think EJ is the reason.

Tape and confidence issues.

Not really. He said Bills are after him and looking hard to sign him by Friday.

Where was he wrong?

"Roman and him (McCown) are good friends. Look for this to be completed tomorrow AM"

He was wrong unless this thing gets completed by tomorrow, but I doubt it since he signed with Cleveland.

Not really. He said Bills are after him and looking hard to sign him by Friday.

Where was he wrong?

How can he be wrong? I mean unless the Front Office comes out and says "that wasn't the plan", he can never be wrong. It will always be "well the plan just went off track, but they were trying!"

How can he be wrong? I mean unless the Front Office comes out and says "that wasn't the plan", he can never be wrong. It will always be "well the plan just went off track, but they were trying!"

Massare's tweet confirmed that Bills have him their best and final offer. He chose Browns.