Chargers need to move;propose shared LA stadium w/Raiders

YoloinOhio

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@BFTB_Chargers: Sad day in San Diego. Chargers don't believe there's a solution, have said they can't wait around to find one. They're as good as gone.

@JasonPhilCole: Very strong remarks from #Chargers on new stadium in SD. Makes it clear that LA is an increasing option for them: http://t.co/2rpjDrWp6s

The Chargers have been talking for 10+ years about a new stadium. Qualcomm is a pit - RWS on its' worst day was better. The Raiders stadium in an antiquated baseball field.

The Chargers say they get 35-40 % of their money from Orange County - so fans are already driving 60-80 miles to go to a home game. If & when the Rams move to Inglewood - the Chargers would see the casual fan money diverted.

Neither the Chargers or the Raiders are getting any support from the locals politicians and are floating this "trial balloon"

I am no fan of public money for billionaires playpens and the myth that stadiums spur growth is largely overblown.

If the Chargers/Raiders (strange bedfellows indeed), achieve the stadium in Carson it would be 70 miles from my house so about 120 miles from the South Bay (Mexican border) for the southern locals. The game day commute would be interesting, even on a Sunday.

Could the Chargers/Raiders make a go of it with the Meadowlands ?

Or is this just grandstanding by all parties ?

The Chargers have been talking for 10+ years about a new stadium. Qualcomm is a pit - RWS on its' worst day was better. The Raiders stadium in an antiquated baseball field.

The Chargers say they get 35-40 % of their money from Orange County - so fans are already driving 60-80 miles to go to a home game. If & when the Rams move to Inglewood - the Chargers would see the casual fan money diverted.

Neither the Chargers or the Raiders are getting any support from the locals politicians and are floating this "trial balloon"

I am no fan of public money for billionaires playpens and the myth that stadiums spur growth is largely overblown.

If the Chargers/Raiders (strange bedfellows indeed), achieve the stadium in Carson it would be 70 miles from my house so about 120 miles from the South Bay (Mexican border) for the southern locals. The game day commute would be interesting, even on a Sunday.

Could the Chargers/Raiders make a go of it with the Meadowlands ?

Or is this just grandstanding by all parties ?

I lived in the Bay area in the 80s. The tax payers will support all sorts of spending but not on stadiums. Oakland is good as gone. That city is a harsh environment. SD has pleaded for years for a new place to play but the city is a mixed bag that has a sizable retiree and latino populations. LA is a good portion of the fan base. By going in together, SD and Oakland teams have a great chance of getting a stadium built, NFL gets the 2 teams in LA and SF and SD TV markets do not suffer. No grandstanding. It is a slap of reality to the locals and the populations.

Here's the stadium location:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/33%C2%B050'53.8%22N+118%C2%B016'37.2%22W/@33.848263,-118.2770015,1129m/data=!3m2!1e3!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0x0

The site includes the triangular parcel (brown) surrounded by 405/Del Amo/Main, as well as the rectangular parcel (gray) to left surrounded by Figueroa/Francisco/Main/Del Amo.

• 1 month later...