Chargers need to move;propose shared LA stadium w/Raiders

YoloinOhio

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The facts are as I stated above: only a fool would do business with LA...which is why CA has been losing jobs to TX for a decade now..

I hope CA keeps losing jobs to Texas, so people will start leaving. Unfortunately, people keep coming to LA in droves instead. Please, stay away, or leave if you are here.

Except CA isn't losing jobs to Texas. California gained 498,000 new jobs in 12 months ended Jan. 31, almost 30% more than Texas' total of 392,900. And if the price of oil drops any lower Texas will gain even fewer jobs. Just because communities don't fall all over themselves to build palaces for these megalomaniacal owners doesn't mean they are corrupt. Frankly, the corruption is when taxpayer money is used for stadiums.

Except CA isn't losing jobs to Texas. California gained 498,000 new jobs in 12 months ended Jan. 31, almost 30% more than Texas' total of 392,900. And if the price of oil drops any lower Texas will gain even fewer jobs. Just because communities don't fall all over themselves to build palaces for these megalomaniacal owners doesn't mean they are corrupt. Frankly, the corruption is when taxpayer money is used for stadiums.

Exactly. And even if they pocket some of the money, at least public funds aren't being used.

I have lived in LA for 17 years. I have never attended a sporting event, and don't intend to start. I only recently stepped foot in the Staples Center (for a concert). I hate baseball season (and baseball), because it clogs up the 101 freeway. There are already too many big events. clogging up traffic for 16 more football games is not a positive for me.

Edited by HoF Watkins

Exactly. And even if they pocket some of the money, at least public funds aren't being used.

I have lived in LA for 17 years. I have never attended a sporting event, and don't intend to start. I only recently stepped foot in the Staples Center (for a concert). I hate baseball season (and baseball), because it clogs up the 101 freeway. There are already too many big events. clogging up traffic for 16 more football games is not a positive for me.

I've lived in LA for 24 years. Gone to a few Clippers games, and a few Dodgers games. Getting out of Elysian Park after a Dodgers game is unpleasant. But, getting out of downtown from Staples Center really isn't that bad-- especially if you park in one of the private lots further from the stadium. And, Staples Center is a pretty nice venue.

I was hoping for the Farmer's Field location. Much more fun to go to a game in downtown than any of the other proposed sites. At the moment, it would seem that the two most likely spots would be either Inglewood, or Carson (which just passed a resolution approving that plan). Both would be horrendous for traffic, although Carson would certainly be better.

Wherever it happens, I'll be there from time to time. But, I'll always be a Bills fan first.

The fake turf will be the only thing green within 100 square miles of that stadium in 5 years.

Only dust will be in that stadium within 20 years.

LA is not going to fall in the ocean from an earthquake, it is just going to dry up and blow away.

The fake turf will be the only thing green within 100 square miles of that stadium in 5 years.

Only dust will be in that stadium within 20 years.

LA is not going to fall in the ocean from an earthquake, it is just going to dry up and blow away.

Nah. This ain't the first drought we've had.

I've lived in LA for 24 years. Gone to a few Clippers games, and a few Dodgers games. Getting out of Elysian Park after a Dodgers game is unpleasant. But, getting out of downtown from Staples Center really isn't that bad-- especially if you park in one of the private lots further from the stadium. And, Staples Center is a pretty nice venue.

I was hoping for the Farmer's Field location. Much more fun to go to a game in downtown than any of the other proposed sites. At the moment, it would seem that the two most likely spots would be either Inglewood, or Carson (which just passed a resolution approving that plan). Both would be horrendous for traffic, although Carson would certainly be better.

Wherever it happens, I'll be there from time to time. But, I'll always be a Bills fan first.

I have a feeling that if the games are played in Carson, the 91 and 710 (the two I use often) are going to be torturous.

I'm just not into attending sporting events (or big crowd events in general). I'm only interested in Bills football, sports-wise. I think it's appropriate for the team to pay for infrastructure improvements, because of the problems heavy traffic creates (wear and tear, jams) affect all the citizens, not just the people attending the games. It's not an outlandish demand (a billion is pretty steep though).

I'm all in on the Bills, not a fan of any LA teams. I'm tempted to get back into the Sabres, but to really connect with the team, you need to watch a bunch of regular season games. When I left (1998), it wasn't really feasible to chase down their games, so I lost interest.

None of the owners are forced to do anything. They could choose any number of cities to move to if they would fund their stadiums themselves.

You're right, and for 20 years, they chose not to move to LA, or stayed in other cities, partially because they got financial help with stadiums, but mostly because LA is a ripoff waiting to happen.

Apparently nobody knows what a financial statement is. Again, all we hear about is revenue...nobody wants to talk about cost. I wonder why. Couldn't have anything to do with bias...nah. :rolleyes:

I know it doesn't matter what you find unreasonable, but you are attaching it to your own opinion. I would rather a city squeeze whatever they can get out of a team, than have the public paying. They may be hacks, demanding the team improve the infrastructure, but that's way better than the kowtowing that happens in Buffalo to keep the Bills.

LA doesn't need the NFL. I don't want a team here, because it won't be MY team, and it will just mean more traffic in my area.

I hope CA keeps losing jobs to Texas, so people will start leaving. Unfortunately, people keep coming to LA in droves instead. Please, stay away, or leave if you are here.

If you open a business tomorrow, do you expect to have to fix the potholes in front of your office/store yourself, or pay for someone to do it, because, and only because, you opened that business? Or, do you expect them to be fixed on account of the taxes you are paying, already? These teams are going to be paying a butload in taxes....but that's not good enough. They have to pay even more?

When does it end? Answer: never. Which, is why: only a fool does business in that type of environment. This is not a "buisness plan" this is a business hope/wish. They wish that their revenue outpaces the cost of the extortions/demands for handouts.

But, they are fools: lets say one of these teams does, my some miracle, actually make a profit? Guess who will come knocking to demand that said profit be redistrubuted? :lol: Yeah, you literally lose for winning.

Except I work nationally, in consulting, and I've seen the numbers our CA clients are showing us for 10 years and 20. Using 1 year, during a downturn in oil prices....is supposed to refute a decade of data that clearly shows a trend?

:lol: Come on. Don't be silly. Irony is you using that handle, and expecting to get this nonsense argument by me.

You're right, and for 20 years, they chose not to move to LA, or stayed in other cities, partially because they got financial help with stadiums, but mostly because LA is a ripoff waiting to happen.

Apparently nobody knows what a financial statement is. Again, all we hear about is revenue...nobody wants to talk about cost. I wonder why. Couldn't have anything to do with bias...nah. :rolleyes:

If you open a business tomorrow, do you expect to have to fix the potholes in front of your office/store yourself, or pay for someone to do it, because, and only because, you opened that business? Or, do you expect them to be fixed on account of the taxes you are paying, already? These teams are going to be paying a butload in taxes....but that's not good enough. They have to pay even more?

When does it end? Answer: never. Which, is why: only a fool does business in that type of environment. This is not a "buisness plan" this is a business hope/wish. They wish that their revenue outpaces the cost of the extortions/demands for handouts.

But, they are fools: lets say one of these teams does, my some miracle, actually make a profit? Guess who will come knocking to demand that said profit be redistrubuted? :lol: Yeah, you literally lose for winning.

Except I work nationally, in consulting, and I've seen the numbers our CA clients are showing us for 10 years and 20. Using 1 year, during a downturn in oil prices....is supposed to refute a decade of data that clearly shows a trend?

:lol: Come on. Don't be silly. Irony is you using that handle, and expecting to get this nonsense argument by me.

Gee, I guess the NFL won't do it then, huh?

Are you really worried about things being "unfair" for the NFL?