How has this winter been

Ice bowl 67

Been colder than a witches tit this year. I have no idea what that means

Let me take a crack @ it:

I always use that saying. Just off the top of my head on what it means. I would assume that a "witch" would make a very cold mother. Witches are not "warm" stereotypically. Of course there is Samantha Stevens, she seemed very nice... ;-) Hence, "colder" than a witch's tit. Not exactly the source of "milk of human kindness" would come from a witch's breast. Get what I am saying. So cold, it is not very nuturing out!

Now... I suppose that is a very deep explanation of the saying. I never looked it up... I like my explanation. ;-)

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always use that saying. Just off the top of my head on what it means. I would assume that a "witch" would make a very cold mother. Witches are not "warm" stereotypically. Of course there is Samantha Stevens, she seemed very nice... ;-) Hence, "colder" than a witch's tit. Not exactly the source of "milk of human kindness" would come from a witch's breast. Get what I am saying. So cold, it is not very nuturing out!

Now... I suppose that is a very deep explanation of the saying. I never looked it up... I like my explanation. ;-)

Nice work! How about this one my Dad used to say all the time.

"Colder than a well digger's ass in Arkansas."

Nice work! How about this one my Dad used to say all the time.

"Colder than a well digger's ass in Arkansas."

:lol:

Freeze the balls off a brass monkey.

That actually has a meaning... A "brass monkey" was used to keep the cannonballs from rolling around on a ships' deck. It had to be brass so as not to cause a spark(s)... So yes, the disimilar metals would expand and contract @ different rates @ different temps. When the (cannon)balls froze off the brass monkey, they of course would roll all around the deck.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

6" here and falling. Roads crap. I bet I am the only one to go in to work tomorrow.

I forget about the exact details of it but I think you're a little off. It may have begun in the Salem witch trials? I rememebr learning it in Freshman English.

Waiting for Snowmageddon in Hampton Roads...

Looks to be about 4 inches outside in the west end of Richmond. Last week 8 inches on Tuesday had the public schools closed all week.

Quick question as a non military man...what does it mean when when a Fort is closed? See Fort Eustus and Fort Lee both closed...woe think military would be tougher.

Looks to be about 4 inches outside in the west end of Richmond. Last week 8 inches on Tuesday had the public schools closed all week.

Quick question as a non military man...what does it mean when when a Fort is closed? See Fort Eustus and Fort Lee both closed...woe think military would be tougher.

Not much you can do when all the public roads outside the base are closed. Probably intended to keep civilian base workers home.

Bases are not totally closed. They are Mission Essential Personnel only. Stuff like security and a skeleton crew to maintain facilities.

Not much you can do when all the public roads outside the base are closed. Probably intended to keep civilian base workers home.

Military stays home too unless they are MEP

we wanted snowfall not your members length :lol: :lol:

:lol: