Bills DT Situation

Mij yllek

The article states ..."They probably need a five-technique type. 6-foot-5, 300 pounds, long arms -- Aaron Smith type guy."

The one guy in the draft that seems to be a perfect fit is Oregon's 6-foot-8 300 pound Arik Armstead. It's highly unlikely however, that he will still be on the board when we draft in the 2nd round.

I thought Charles and Bryant played very well last season in their opportunities, which makes the Dareus situation even more interesting.

I liked Charles in particular. Bryant didn't play quite as well. Either way, neither of those guys was even close to the level or Dareus. We would never lose Dareus expecting Charles or Bryant to fill in.

Just FYI, DRAFTek has Buffalo selecting the UCLA DT. I also read somewhere, I don't recall where, that HCRR is also wanting to improve DT depth. I thought all was ok.

Our situation at DT is not dire. However, Kyle is getting older and Bryant & Charles are primarily back-up players.

Adding depth would be a good move.

It's a shame Alex Carrington got hurt. I though the was ready to have a breakout season before the injury. What ever happened to him?

he's listed as FA this year, don't know what kind of year he had or if the Rams will want to re-sign him.

BTW. Mayock said this is a deep year for DTs, maybe we draft one late in the draft and Ryan said he wanted to bring another big body to stop the rung (Massare thread) Maybe we sign Kendrick Ellis, but I doubt we go defense on FA.

Edited by Fixxxer