Kane and Incognito, a sign of things to come?

KDIGGZ

Kane played through a broken bone in his foot and then a broken bone in his hand this year all the while never knowing when his shoulder would pop out of joint on any given night (twice in a period against Philly alone). That's as far away from diva as one can get.

I think the Jets mishandled the kid, mainly because Dustin Byfuglien took a major dislike for Kane. It was a downward spiral.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pegula has said he wants people around him who are not afraid to speak their minds, not afraid to offer unpopular opinions and not afraid to take risks and make mistakes. Maybe these moves will blow up in their faces, maybe not. But what I think we can expect if for both organizations to continue to make bold moves and take calculated risks.

I think the Jets mishandled the kid, mainly because Dustin Byfuglien took a major dislike for Kane. It was a downward spiral.

Is it just me, or does Byfuglien seem like a bit of a punk? Maybe the "leadership" on the Jets was the issue. It almost seems like these guys were jealous of Kane's still and continued to screw with him.

What makes you say that other than he is now a Sabre? He seems immature in the extreme at the very least. Maybe he grows up and maybe he doesn't, but calling it mishandling by the Jets?

Edited by CodeMonkey

What makes you say that other than he is now a Sabre? He seems immature in the extreme at the very least. Maybe he grows up and maybe he doesn't, but calling it mishandling by the Jets?

I didn't follow the Kane saga much but I did just read that timeline link posted earlier. Other than being a bit of a douche I don't see what he did that was so bad. Remember, no one ever questioned his work ethic, other than suggesting he wasn't really concussed. And judging the way the fans turned on him (the restaurant bill accusation) the guy couldn't do anything right in their eyes.

I didn't follow the Kane saga much but I did just read that timeline link posted earlier. Other than being a bit of a douche I don't see what he did that was so bad. Remember, no one ever questioned his work ethic, other than suggesting he wasn't really concussed. And judging the way the fans turned on him (the restaurant bill accusation) the guy couldn't do anything right in their eyes.

Pretty much a major douche, but you are right about nothing on ice seemingly wrong with him. If he grows up and stays healthy the Sabres could have something.

Maybe it will end up being like Lynch, but Buffalo benefiting this time.

Edited by CodeMonkey

The Bills went out on a limb and signed arguably one of the most hated players in the league when they picked up Richie Incognito. Rex wanted him so Terry and Kim met with him and gave him their seal of approval. Miraculously, he's a changed man they concluded from their sit down with him. There have been rumors that equally hated RB Ray Rice might be next as he shares strong ties with the Pegula's from their sports agency.

Mere days later, Terry and Kim's other team pulled off a blockbuster trade giving away the only valuable players left on the Sabres for another troubled player, Evander Kane. From trouble with fans, coaches, and teammates, the guy was basically run out of Winnipeg. Terry and Kim welcomed him with open arms and said that he just needed a fresh start.

So my question is, are Terry and Kim just naive? Or are they on to something? Is Buffalo going to be a destination for troubled players from around the league? Or are they just asking for trouble?

A little Thuggery goes a long way. See - Brandon Spikes.

oh my god i think i might delete my account on here. such a stupid topic. find something better to do with your time. good lord.

Did someone force you to read the thread or take the time to post? There are tons of threads, if you don't like the topic, move on to another.

Point take. I think Kane is a superstar talent who is young and rich who needs to grow up. I think Incognito has been a POS his whole life but a one year deal after missing 1 year and half is fair.

I think everything needs to be a case by case basis. I might be in the minority but I hate rooting for scumbags. I think there is enough good players who aren't crappy people to get on your time. I don't want to root for guys like Rice or Vick. I'm not going to root for RI this year but IMO, he is on a different level than Rice or Vick. And Kane just needs to grow up. Case by case basis.

Ill root for anyone who does right by my team on the field or court. The Sam way they dont care about me is the same way i dont care about them. We give them what they want. Our money... and attention. And they give us what we want. Wins. If rb x has a season running behind incognito he can do what he wants as long as he shows up on the field. And to clarify. Im black. And i dont give a squat about that racial stuff. I also know had he said something out of the way about my mother or any other female i am responsible for. He would get hurt... real bad. Its not my fault J Martin didnt take care of business. Vander Kane from what I hear. Is a prima donna. But if we can get a 30 goal a year scorer on this team. Do it.

Just my 2 cents. And CB i respect your opinion. I just wanted to voice mine

Edited by Agent 91

you have to be mean to play these sports. especially guys in the trenches.

the advantage of a head coach like Rex is he'll handle Richie better than anyone, and the guy has a chance to clean up his reputation and kick some ass while doing it.

now get lupati and a good young running back and EJ can be good in there.

Incognito wasn't getting in trouble with the law, the guy isn't really a thug so much as he is an !@#$ with a screw loose. You can bring in one or two of those guys into a team as long as the rest of the locker room is good guys.

He's actually gotten arrested for assault. He also groped and harassed a woman at a Dolphins' golf event. He's a piece of crap. But hopefully even RI isn't dumb enough to screw up his last (7th) chance.

For those that don't know some of the things Kane did, here is some more info:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/a-timeline-of-kanes-indiscretions-with-jets/

Basically he was a diva and his attitude irked his coaches, his teammates, and the fans. Chalk it up to being young and immature or maybe that's just who he is and do you want a guy like that on your team that's a bad influence on the younger guys.

Kane sounds like a complete pr*ck. Anyone who repeatedly post pictures of himself with stacks of bills is by definition a complete a-hole -- there is perhaps no surer sign. There's no way to sugarcoat it, although some will try. Incognito is an ass too.

Edited by dave mcbride

Kane sounds like a complete pr*ck. Anyone who repeatedly post pictures of himself with stacks of bills is by definition a complete a-hole

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/why-fiercely-independent-kane-must-change-ways/

"None of the opposing executives voiced any concern about Kane’s bold social-media moments. The famous Floyd Mayweather money-phone picture? It was almost like, “Who cares?”

Kane sounds like a complete pr*ck. Anyone who repeatedly post pictures of himself with stacks of bills is by definition a complete a-hole -- there is perhaps no surer sign. There's no way to sugarcoat it, although some will try. Incognito is an ass too.

I know they are but, g-d dammit, they make us better!!

:bag:

I dont see anything that Kane has done to earn such a bad rep. He's a big personality on what has been a horribly owned and weakly managed team between the Thrashers and Jets.

Oh no, he posted a pic of himself holding some money while he was in Las Vegas! What a monster!

He's an early-20s public figure that spent too much time on social media! Oh, the humanity!

Seriously, folks, get a grip. It seems his biggest crime is being a young, black kid in the NHL.

What I really like is the thought of Evander Kane being coached by a personality like Ted Nolan, and in the same vein, Incognito being coached by Rex Ryan.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/why-fiercely-independent-kane-must-change-ways/

"None of the opposing executives voiced any concern about Kane’s bold social-media moments. The famous Floyd Mayweather money-phone picture? It was almost like, “Who cares?”

Honestly, I don't care what they think; I care what I think. It's douchebaggery pure and simple. That said, I really don't care much. If he's an ass, he's an ass. There are lots of 'em in professional sports. If you ever met these guys you'd likely think they were a-holes. My nephew played football at St. Joe's and quit it for track, partly because of the douchebaggery of people like Chad Kelly. Yet if the Bills drafted Chad Kelly, people would say he's a misunderstood 22 year old. He's an ass.

Edited by dave mcbride

This is a great topic to announce that The Buffalo News now officially has the three stooges writing for them. Mike Harrington can be added to Bucky and Sully with his column to become the third. Two weeks ago he bitched about the Sabres not doing anything, this morning he bitched they traded too soon and gave up too much. Meanwhile the other too stooges have wrote so many conflicting opinions on RI and Rex too that they are tripping all over themselves. Outside of Vic Carrucci do they have anybody there that writes a article and stands by it?