Josh McCown anybody? Update: Is a Brown...end of story.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, sir I'm not all over the place. My point stands Passing Yardage alone IS not THE reason teams wins championships!!!

Did Drew Breese's top passing yards win him anything this season to finish 7-9??

Dude you are all over the place. Yes, at the end of the day, wins are the most important thing in football. No one is disputing that. However there are 53 guys on a football team. If you took a middling QB, let's say Alex Smith for example, and put him on the Jaguars last year, he would've gone 5-11. If Russell Wilson got hurt in preseason and the Seahawks went and traded for Alex Smith, the Seahawks still would've went 11-5 minimum. So the same guy, Alex Smith, has a drastically different record based on his supporting casts. Hell, Kyle Orton had a winning record on the Bills last year and he pretty much sucked. That says a lot about the Bills defense. Kyle Orton would NOT have had a winning record on the Buccaneers last year. The Buccaneers were/are in complete and utter disarray as a football team. Do you understand what I'm saying a little bit? And this is not even a defense of McCown.

Yes, at the end of the day, wins are the most important thing in football

See that wasn't that hard

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

No, sir I'm not all over the place. My point stands Passing Yardage alone IS not THE reason teams wins championships!!!

Did Drew Breese's top passing yards win him anything this season to finish 7-9??

Yes bills fan 4 ever, you have solved the long sought after formula on what it takes to win the Super Bowl: don't lead the league in passing yards. It is by no means an anomaly that no QB has ever led the league in passing and won the Super Bowl; rather there is a direct cause and correlation here. Don't worry, your boy EJ isn't going to be leading the league in passing yards anytime soon so that leaves us in the hunt at least. Meanwhile your Rodgers, Brees and Manning types who will compete for the league lead in passing yards have no chance whatsoever of winning the Super Bowl. I gotcha.

you won't quit will you. Stubborn as a mule

Enough again with your troll I hate EJ posts

I'm not trolling. I really don't think Manuel is capable of beating out a Josh McCown in training camp and the preseason to win the Bills' starting QB job. Do you want to bet on it?

Edited by metzelaars_lives

Yes, at the end of the day, wins are the most important thing in football

See that wasn't that hard

You are really somethin. So if in 1999, had Kurt Warner thrown for 88 more yards and finished with more yards than Beuerlein, is it your contention that they would have thus not won the Super Bowl? And when in God's name did anyone say that "passing yardage alone is the reason teams win championships?"

Edited by metzelaars_lives

Yes bills fan 4 ever, you have solved the long sought after formula on what it takes to win the Super Bowl: don't lead the league in passing yards. It is by no means an anomaly that no QB has ever led the league in passing and won the Super Bowl; rather there is a direct cause and correlation here. Don't worry, your boy EJ isn't going to be leading the league in passing yards anytime soon so that leaves us in the hunt at least. Meanwhile your Rodgers, Brees and Manning types who will compete for the league lead in passing yards have no chance whatsoever of winning the Super Bowl. I gotcha.

I'm not trolling. I really don't think Manuel is capable of beating out a Josh McCown in training camp and the preseason to win the Bills' starting QB job. Do you want to bet on it?

So you want to bet that a 36 year old with a 17-32 record and a 76.1 qb rating beats out a 25 year old with a 6-8 record and a 78.5 rating? Why would anyone hope for that?

I guess you have to dig your heels in since you have stated that EJ sucks after 14 games with a crappy coaching staff that are now Jags' assistant coaches. But it would be awful if McNown was our starter. So awful. He has been good for a half of a season in his entire career.

EJ just better win this job or this is going to be another pointless year.

And to anyone questioning if McCown is more mobile than Kyle Orton, I suggest you watch this video. He might be more mobile than EJ Manuel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbKAwLb1nOY

Please ignore the music.

Also, turns out he is one of those pro-Jesus guys.

Cool 5 starts. where are the other highlights from his other 11.5 years in the NFL?

Please accept this award for your untiring effort to prove you ...........

beat-a-dead-horse.jpgBeating-a-dead-horse.gif

So you want to bet that a 36 year old with a 17-32 record and a 76.1 qb rating beats out a 25 year old with a 6-8 record and a 78.5 rating? Why would anyone hope for that?

I guess you have to dig your heels in since you have stated that EJ sucks after 14 games with a crappy coaching staff that are now Jags' assistant coaches. But it would be awful if McNown was our starter. So awful. He has been good for a half of a season in his entire career.

Cool 5 starts. where are the other highlights from his other 11.5 years in the NFL?

Don't bother. All you are doing is :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

Metz would say Warren Moon or Joe Montana or Joe Namath could come out of retirement and do better than EJ

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

IMHO - McCown is filling the Kevin Kolb sized hole our team has had ever since that drunk tripped over a rubber mat. He is a capable, confident back up. Sadly, everyone is right that he will compete for the starting job and could beat EJ... but thats only because we don't have a starting qb.

Now, I hope we send Tuel to the practice squad (Tuel is not an NFL football player, anyone who tells you otherwise missed Tuel's brief and embarrassing foray into meaningful game play). Finally, we get a high ceiling guy. Either a miracle trade or a late round athletic type with drug issues.

I'd like to note that despite the above, I've never felt better in my life.

And to anyone questioning if McCown is more mobile than Kyle Orton, I suggest you watch this video. He might be more mobile than EJ Manuel.

Please ignore the music.

not afraid to run, apparently. Might even go for the first down.

IMHO - McCown is filling the Kevin Kolb sized hole our team has had ever since that drunk tripped over a rubber mat. He is a capable, confident back up. Sadly, everyone is right that he will compete for the starting job and could beat EJ... but thats only because we don't have a starting qb.

Now, I hope we send Tuel to the practice squad (Tuel is not an NFL football player, anyone who tells you otherwise missed Tuel's brief and embarrassing foray into meaningful game play). Finally, we get a high ceiling guy. Either a miracle trade or a late round athletic type with drug issues.

I'd like to note that despite the above, I've never felt better in my life.

I think that this is perfectly said.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbKAwLb1nOY

Please ignore the music.

He's more mobile than EJ, no way just don't see it. For what it's worth the video is of only two games and against GB and Dallas who finished 2013 25th and 32nd defensively. Dallas gave up the third most yards in league history in 2013.

http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.com/cowboys/2013/12/the-cowboys-finished-dead-last-in-total-defense-giving-up-6645-yards-this-season-they-allowed-4589-yards-passing-and-388.html

I am not crazy about this, but I think it speaks to the overall quality of free agent qbs out there.

I expect EJ to beat him out -- pretty easily, actually. We need some vet as a backup.

Roman and Kromer know him. They must think he's better than simply awful.

I'm not capable of much more than a back-handed compliment. I think I would have preferred Hoyer.

Guess we'll see.

What do you want to bet?

It takes Mccown 11 seasons to get comparable stats to EJ Manuels rookie 10 games haha.

not afraid to run, apparently. Might even go for the first down.

That video gave me sad eyes and ears

besides that, he didnt look half bad. I get that it's a highlight film but that throw into the corner of the endzone was sweet, and it looks like he can move behind the line. Look, if he's Kyle Orton +10%, we win another game or maybe 2 and we're easily in the playoffs, assuming EJ doesn't step up. Regardless, I'd rather have McCown as a capable veteran backup.