Scott Norwood AFCC rings for sale

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12301756/scott-norwood-afc-championship-rings-auction

No mention as to why. Is Scott broke? But one commenter might have the right idea...

So is someone going to take them to Mordor and melt them in Mt. Doom?

Gi'r dun, Terry. Exorcise those demons!

Those rings can only be destroyed by burying them under one of the end zones in the Meadlowlands. It all went wrong after that first loss to the Giants.

But here is the catch: Marv, Thurman, Bruce, and Jimbo must be present at the burial.

Marv isn't getting any younger. This has to happen soon.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12301756/scott-norwood-afc-championship-rings-auction

No mention as to why. Is Scott broke? But one commenter might have the right idea...

Apparently Scott was last seen in northern Virginia running around half-naked in a parking lot like a madman holding his two championship rings, foaming at the mouth and uttering: "Two rings to rule them all, Two rings to find them, Two rings to bring them all and in the darkness bind them. In the land of Tampa where shadows lie."

It didn't go well after that.

Edited by Stopthepain

I think what it said was the rings didn't come directly from him. Could be that he gave them to a relative or friend and that person is selling them? It's kind of weird though. Last I heard he was doing very well as a real estate agent up in Northern Virginia.

Both of Norwood's Superbowl rings are up for auction (1990 and 1991) but they are not being presented for auction by Norwood himself, implying he has already sold them to a 3rd party perhaps years ago. I don't blame him.

The 1990 ring is estimated to fetch $15,000 or so and the 1991 ring less.

Norwood is a native of Alexandria, VA and it was my understanding that he has lived in the NOVA area since retiring. Yet Wikipedia indicates that in 2002, Norwood returned to WNY as a real estate agent.

Can anyone confirm or deny this? Anyone bump into him in WNY recently?

He is one of the forgotten Bills from our glory years, I guess for obvious reasons.

I'll never forget the Jets home game in 2011. We were 5-2 coming in. The two loses were by 3 points each on the road to the Giants and Bengals. We were fresh off a 23-0 shutout win against the Skins in TO, when someone thought it would be a good idea of honor Scott Norwood at halftime of the Jets game at the Ralph. The game was 3-0 before at the half the "ceremony." The crowd was so uneasy "honoring" Norwood. The second half kicked off and we were outscored 17-3 in the third quarter on our way to a 27-11 loss. Not only did the team lose this game to drop to 5-3, they lost the next six to fall out of playoff contention and finish the season 6-10. Curse of Norwood? I say, melt them down and send Doug Flutie a 24K apology card for benching him in the 1999 playoffs. Exercise the demons.

Both of Norwood's Superbowl rings are up for auction (1990 and 1991) but they are not being presented for auction by Norwood himself, implying he has already sold them to a 3rd party perhaps years ago. I don't blame him.

The 1990 ring is estimated to fetch $15,000 or so and the 1991 ring less.

Norwood is a native of Alexandria, VA and it was my understanding that he has lived in the NOVA area since retiring. Yet Wikipedia indicates that in 2002, Norwood returned to WNY as a real estate agent.

Can anyone confirm or deny this? Anyone bump into him in WNY recently?

He is one of the forgotten Bills from our glory years, I guess for obvious reasons.

I wish they were super bowl rings. :(

I don't think he's broke. This article from 2010 says he's working as a financial planner and real estate agent, raising 3 kids. Might be something down to earth, like wanting a nest egg to invest for his kids as college funds or to pre-pay tuition or fund a daughter's wedding.

Apparently Scott was last seen in northern Virginia running around half-naked in a parking lot like a madman holding his two championship rings, foaming at the mouth and uttering: "Two rings to rule them all, Two rings to find them, Two rings to bring them all and in the darkness bind them. In the land of Tampa where shadows lie."

It didn't go well after that.

Now this was really funny

Scott Norwood made huge kicks for the Bills thru the years leading up to that Superbowl. A 37 yarder is no gimme. I have no hard feeling toward him. The Giants, though a much less talented team, played a better game and deserved to win.

Scott Norwood made huge kicks for the Bills thru the years leading up to that Superbowl. A 37 yarder is no gimme. I have no hard feeling toward him. The Giants, though a much less talented team, played a better game and deserved to win.

I have a ton of respect for Norwood and what he did in Buffalo, and moreso how he conducted himself after that painful event. The rest of your post is blasphemous. Those bastards did not deserve to win.

I wish they were super bowl rings. :(

Well you know what I mean. AFC championship/Super Bowl appearance rings I guess.

But yeah, you're right. Me too!

Yes he did. I will never forget the moments before the kick in Superbowl 25 having figured out how long the attempt would be, and thinking to myself instinctively: "That's too far; it's a bit out of Scotty's range; he isn't going to make that."

It's dramatic to pin the loss on the kick of course; the reality is we were out played, out-coached, out-prepared, and played one of our worst games of the season when it mattered most. The Giants did the opposite.

Umh...it was a 47 yarder on grass. I feel for Norwood because it should have been a 37 yard or closer but for terrible clock management on that last drive. I can't watch video of the drive because I want to yell at Kelly to spike the damned ball and save some clock!!!

Please stop posting your fantasies.

Next you will be posting your fantasy about a threesome w/Tom Brady and Billycheat.

Scott Norwood is a real estate and doing very well in Northern Virginia.

I have his business card.

I talk to him at least once a year at annual tailgate at Jimmy's Old Town Tavern where he has donated items for Hunter's Hope Raffle and UB Scholarship raffle. Seen him as well at one of the minor league hockey games.

Edited by Koolaid

I feel bad for the guy.

yeah really, to pin the loss on him is ridiculous. idk the odds, but making a 47 yarder outdoors on grass, is certainly no gimme. he made a solid kick, no shank or nerves of any kind evident in the attempt. when you lose by a point nearly every single play in the game comes into question as the game winner or loser. Edited by JTSP

I'll never forget the Jets home game in 2011. We were 5-2 coming in. The two loses were by 3 points each on the road to the Giants and Bengals. We were fresh off a 23-0 shutout win against the Skins in TO, when someone thought it would be a good idea of honor Scott Norwood at halftime of the Jets game at the Ralph. The game was 3-0 before at the half the "ceremony." The crowd was so uneasy "honoring" Norwood. The second half kicked off and we were outscored 17-3 in the third quarter on our way to a 27-11 loss. Not only did the team lose this game to drop to 5-3, they lost the next six to fall out of playoff contention and finish the season 6-10. Curse of Norwood? I say, melt them down and send Doug Flutie a 24K apology card for benching him in the 1999 playoffs. Exercise the demons.

Was that the game Lindell got hurt on the 2nd half kickoff?

Well you know what I mean. AFC championship/Super Bowl appearance rings I guess.

But yeah, you're right. Me too!

Yes he did. I will never forget the moments before the kick in Superbowl 25 having figured out how long the attempt would be, and thinking to myself instinctively: "That's too far; it's a bit out of Scotty's range; he isn't going to make that."

It's dramatic to pin the loss on the kick of course; the reality is we were out played, out-coached, out-prepared, and played one of our worst games of the season when it mattered most. The Giants did the opposite.

plus their defense faked many injuries to slow down the k gun rapid attack. Hmmmm who was that D coordinator that came up,with this great scheme oh the cheatriot

I think what it said was the rings didn't come directly from him. Could be that he gave them to a relative or friend and that person is selling them? It's kind of weird though. Last I heard he was doing very well as a real estate agent up in Northern Virginia.

He likely pawned them years ago. Current owner is selling.

Yeah. Apparently guys just think it's cool meeting a former NFL player, and with women he plays on the sympathy of losing the Super Bowl.

^This. It was out of his range to begin with not to mention it was on grass. Also agree with the second statement, with the exception of Thurman who should have been the MVP

^This. It was out of his range to begin with not to mention it was on grass. Also agree with the second statement, with the exception of Thurman who should have been the MVP

Agreed 100% that Thurman should have been MVP of that game.

Everyone always says "never should have come down to that kick or "if they would have done this or that he wouldn't have been in that position". But IT DID come down to that kick and he was in that position (that was his well paid job) and he missed. Always figured he lived in a van down by the river and has watched nothing but replays of that kick 24/7 on an old black and white TV & Betamax VCR since 1993. He apparently sold the rings or gave them away long ago. Whomever wastes their money on those rings should just throw them in the lake

Edited by kasper13