Gabbert or McCoy

If we are all going on the assumption that we are bringing in FA QBs, Are we not going to wonder if we brought in guys that have worked with Roman before? Both Gabbert and Colt McCoy worked with Roman. I'm assuming one of these guys will be here. Which one would you rather have on the roster? I myself, think that there may be better options out there, but this is the Bills. They will get someone on the cheap and I'm pretty sure both of these guys will not break the Bank. Thoughts. Who has the potential. Can Gabbert be a huge bust? McCoy has the most game experience.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we are all going on the assumption that we are bringing in FA QBs, Are we not going to wonder if we brought in guys that have worked with Roman before? Both Gabbert and Colt McCoy worked with Roman. I'm assuming one of these guys will be here. Which one would you rather have on the roster? I myself, think that there may be better options out there, but this is the Bills. They will get someone on the cheap and I'm pretty sure both of these guys will not break the Bank. Thoughts. Who has the potential. Can Gabbert be a huge bust? McCoy has the most game experience.

In case you haven't noticed, there's a new owner in town.

You need to update your expectations as a fan. Times have changed.

I don't think Roman had his choice when it came to much of the roster from how the SF situation sounds.

As to Gabbert, it still shocks me to this day how that guy was taken in the top-5. He was horrible in college, only positive was he "looked like a QB". Couldn't read, couldn't move in the pocket and was inaccurate. EJ dominates him as a prospect.

I wouldn't mind McCoy as a backup but pretty sure we have too many maybe backups on the team already.

I don't think Roman had his choice when it came to much of the roster from how the SF situation sounds.

As to Gabbert, it still shocks me to this day how that guy was taken in the top-5. He was horrible in college, only positive was he "looked like a QB". Couldn't read, couldn't move in the pocket and was inaccurate. EJ dominates him as a prospect.

I wouldn't mind McCoy as a backup but pretty sure we have too many maybe backups on the team already.

He was taken at #10, that's why.

First neither one of these useless QB's are coming here. Second who's the expensive QB or QB's that they would avoid to settle for these "cheap" options?

1) Manuel

2) Orton

3) McCoy

4) Gabbert

Are you basing this on what you think these qbs are capable of as options in the future or what their ceilings might be? Because clearly you're not basing it on what they've already accomplished. McCoy for instance looked better in that Monday night game at Dallas this year than Manuel has ever looked. And Orton was an upgrade over Manuel this year, as poorly as he looked at times. Personally I wouldn't want any of them. McCoy would make an excellent backup qb I suppose. Edited by metzelaars_lives

You're kind of assuming that Roman wants either of these guys in his offense again. He very well could say that neither one of them have what he is looking for in a QB.

Exactly. Why waste your time if you have a negative assessment from earlier experience?