TSW Insiders

I was thinking more in general as opposed to just the RI thread. I don't post very often but read TBD on a daily basis for news and educated opinions. I have read plenty of abusive posts because of varying opinions that drive people away, I.e. a couple of media identities that no longer post here.

Sure there are trolls and provocateurs (I remember Mr BMW), as is with every site, but completely ignoring them kind of destroys their agenda.

Actually ignore what I'm saying, I became a dad recently and just realised I am starting to sound like it.

:beer::lol:

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To be fair, I strongly believe this board is better without timmay - and I'm normally a huge fan of people that bring unique perspective like an actual reporter. JW gets treated far different than TG and there's a good reason

And great finish! Congrats on the kiddo.

I get that. And thanks.

Lil birdies come in all forms around here. Often it means something so unreliable you'd laugh at me if I told you where I heard it, and not "decision maker with the team"

If you jump to that from "what would you say if I told you we were going to....." Id say you are too quick to jump.

Unless the source is rex himself, I'd venture it's slightly oversold but it was definitely accurate

Semantics..

If someone says that, they're saying they know something and/or they have a source.

Does that mean it's reliable? Not necessarily.

Not every instance is the same but you can tell by someone's language. It's a journalism thing. He was dropping a hint for everyone. Some people didn't understand it and some chose not to believe it, which is fine.

I heard it thru the grapevine all stars lately, without screen names for some apologies

-the guy who had brunch in Florida and verified Greg Roman was in.

-leroi w the Rex news and possible Qb movement.

-RalphOp w the incognito

Thank you, a few people immediately accused me of lying (brunch guy).

This. If any of you think TSW posters are rude or crude, you should pay a visit to other team's message boards. This place is pretty clean and respectful. If folks step out of line, they are quickly "put in check" by the mods.

Exactly. We are actually pretty good around here for the most part. Buffalo Rumblings are a bunch of arrogant clicky posters led by the person in charge Brian Galliford. Galliford is so snarky I can't even go over there and read anymore.

That Incognito poster made an ass out of a bunch of big mouth tough guy regulars here. He was spot on correct. If he never comes here again I dont blame him at all. This place has too many children.

I was never embarrassed being a Bills fan. I'm embarrassed to be associated with this site though...at times. Yolo...cb26BLITZ and a few others keep me coming back. I appreciate what you guys do. Many thanks for your useful insight.

The children...well, it takes time I dont have to filter thru that stuff.

Quoted for truth.

RELIABILITY METER (#1 is best.......#19 is worst)

#1- nevergiveup

#2- BuffaloATL

#3- Leroi (rex)

#4- RalphOP83 (richie)

#5- metzelaars_lives

#6- kelly blue book

#7- farmers almanac

#8- nostradamus

#9- TMZ

#10- punxsutawney phil

#11- weatherman

#12- economist

#13- ESPN Insiders

#14- psychic

#15- momma pecoraro

#16- Thurman Thomas

#17- Mayans

#18- Skooby and sources deep within

#19- Bleacher Report

Kipers Hair should be on this list.

I felt that I was a little harsh

Its just that we get like a zillion "hey lets sign Richie I." threads over the past year because our guards blow sooooo bad......then someone comes on with a source "hey get what....were brining in Richie I."

I could have been more respectful. Something about lighting explosives between the ears to clear the head or something.....I probably should not have done that.

I didn't lead anything, I said one thing. The peanut gallery did the rest. Berating has a different definition for you I guess.

Here's your posts on the OP:

"I don't care if he just had a good guess. He will return until he gets something wrong that is how all these ICB guessers are."

And this direcdtly to the OP:

"Let's see the next guess you have."

Yeah, you were on the sidelines....sure. If you're going to flame, don't run from it.

Here's your posts on the OP:

"I don't care if he just had a good guess. He will return until he gets something wrong that is how all these ICB guessers are."

And this direcdtly to the OP:

"Let's see the next guess you have."

Yeah, you were on the sidelines....sure. If you're going to flame, don't run from it.

What I find very ironic are some of the individuals that questioned Ralph's motives are the same ones that have posted blatantly false information quoted by" sources" in the past.

What is obvious is that Ralph is connected to the orchard park area.

What I find very ironic are some of the individuals that questioned Ralph's motives are the same ones that have posted blatantly false information quoted by" sources" in the past.

What is obvious is that Ralph is connected to the orchard park area.

I noticed that too... I guess it's not easy being an insider. :lol:

This board is by far one of the most mild and well mannered groups on the interwebs.

Only about 3 boards I've ever come across are as polite, composed, thoughtful or insightful as this; Chiefs board, a Chargers board and a Giants board.

The Panthers, Rams, Patriots, Fins, Seahawks, Texans, Browns, Lions, Jets, ESPN and BB.com boards are unreadable...

Getting slammed on message boards is part of the game, even if you're right on.

I posted how we should have played EJ in the second half of the NE game when they put in their scrub qb because Orton wasn't going to be here and we needed to get EJ some experience after sitting for 10 games an observing. Pretty much everyone said I was an idiot, we play to win no matter what, developing a qb is stupid and that I should take my own life.

I hate posts that tell people not to slam other people. I don't usually slam anyone but I definitely reserve the right to. It's like the one protecting Tim Graham, somebody said his feelings were hurt so he left the board. I say if you can't take anonymous critics telling you you're an idiot then you really are one.

Laugh it off people.

I did not...who?

I just looked at the thread, and I found most responses to be in the "we'll see" category. Seemed most folks wanted to debate the player more than the post.

The tone and tenor of that thread was embarrassing to say the least. Even this thread is a little sad. Some long time posters or short term heavy volume posters attacked the information with no need. Just because they were tired of discussing it? The same posters that will tell others just to not click on a thread or ignore it. By the end of page 2 (and I saw the thread late enough that the news had already broken) I certainly felt bad for the guy. It wasn't the worst I've ever seen but it felt uncalled for. Some offered half-hearted apologies, others said it was his fault for the way he posted the information (which continues in this thread), some apologized with out excuse and owned their mistake (JiH).

If it truly was discussing the information that is all well and good but some posters took it too another level. Sure the tenor here can be good and at times it can get out of control, that doesn't excuse the times that it gets out of control. There are several posters here who mainly focus on attacking belittling people (I won't name anyone here but if you really need a list feel free to pm) and have high post counts, there are other clear trolls (ieatcrayonz although the new persona has certainly toned it down a bit), etc...

I don't mean this directed at you bandit so please don't take it that way. I am glad this thread popped up though because that thread was not a shining example of what tsw is or should be. Many of us come here for these inside info tidbits and I for one (altough it appears I am not alone) don't want people run off or attacked for sharing. If they are trolling it will be apparent soon enough and then the flaming can begin.

The tone and tenor of that thread was embarrassing to say the least. Even this thread is a little sad. Some long time posters or short term heavy volume posters attacked the information with no need. Just because they were tired of discussing it? The same posters that will tell others just to not click on a thread or ignore it. By the end of page 2 (and I saw the thread late enough that the news had already broken) I certainly felt bad for the guy. It wasn't the worst I've ever seen but it felt uncalled for. Some offered half-hearted apologies, others said it was his fault for the way he posted the information (which continues in this thread), some apologized with out excuse and owned their mistake (JiH).

If it truly was discussing the information that is all well and good but some posters took it too another level. Sure the tenor here can be good and at times it can get out of control, that doesn't excuse the times that it gets out of control. There are several posters here who mainly focus on attacking belittling people (I won't name anyone here but if you really need a list feel free to pm) and have high post counts, there are other clear trolls (ieatcrayonz although the new persona has certainly toned it down a bit), etc...

I don't mean this directed at you bandit so please don't take it that way. I am glad this thread popped up though because that thread was not a shining example of what tsw is or should be. Many of us come here for these inside info tidbits and I for one (altough it appears I am not alone) don't want people run off or attacked for sharing. If they are trolling it will be apparent soon enough and then the flaming can begin.

No offense taken at all...I pretty much agree with all of that.

I only asked what poster(s) Rico referred to above, as I didn't see anyone who had provided any type of info (good or bad) on the board questioning the OP...

the "its his own fault for how he posted" is almost certainly towards me. and ill own the comments i made and stand by them.

he had his source and was comfortable sharing information about it in the thread (that its a decision maker, a new guy to the team etc....)

he started with "what if i told you....." and he got the answer. it just wasnt what he expected.

then he pulled the little birdy move.... and didnt get the "omg tell me more" that i think he probably expected.

instead of just giving us all the information in a clean and informative way, he left bread crumbs hoping people would chase after him. thats part of how the reaction from people ended up where it did. if saying that runs him off - my bad. sorry guys. i dont think acknowledging that makes this board a worse place though, and I think Ralph in OP is probably equipped to handle that opinion from me.

Edited by NoSaint

the "its his own fault for how he posted" is almost certainly towards me. and ill own the comments i made and stand by them.

he had his source and was comfortable sharing information about it in the thread (that its a decision maker, a new guy to the team etc....)

he started with "what if i told you....." and he got the answer. it just wasnt what he expected.

then he pulled the little birdy move.... and didnt get the "omg tell me more" that i think he probably expected.

instead of just giving us all the information in a clean and informative way, he left bread crumbs hoping people would chase after him. thats part of how the reaction from people ended up where it did. if saying that runs him off - my bad. sorry guys. i dont think acknowledging that makes this board a worse place though.

I'm sure I have a different perspective as I came to the thread late and like I said after the news had already broken but it just smacks of I was wrong but it is his fault I was wrong.

He has 158 posts in 10 years and (to my knowledge) it is his first time breaking any sort of news. Perhaps he didn't know the proper etiquette that you and others expected. I see it from a different perspective. He offered a tidbit, there was push back, he offered more support to back it up, should have been end of story.