TSW Insiders

I'm sure I have a different perspective as I came to the thread late and like I said after the news had already broken but it just smacks of I was wrong but it is his fault I was wrong.

He has 158 posts in 10 years and (to my knowledge) it is his first time breaking any sort of news. Perhaps he didn't know the proper etiquette that you and others expected. I see it from a different perspective. He offered a tidbit, there was push back, he offered more support to back it up, should have been end of story.

thats fair, and the "maybe people dont get how to do it" is the reason why my apology came with a bit of explanation of what i thought would garner better responses in future cases. it wasnt meant to shame/blame him, but to share an honest take on the situation. if Ralph was offended, i do actually apologize for making him feel unwelcome. i cant speak for everyone but i know there are a few of us that were in there questioning both the idea of RI, and what the source was, that certainly weren't trying to ruin anyones day

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure I have a different perspective as I came to the thread late and like I said after the news had already broken but it just smacks of I was wrong but it is his fault I was wrong.

He has 158 posts in 10 years and (to my knowledge) it is his first time breaking any sort of news. Perhaps he didn't know the proper etiquette that you and others expected. I see it from a different perspective. He offered a tidbit, there was push back, he offered more support to back it up, should have been end of story.

The other two individuals that have given this place the most credible inside information is Leroi and Nevergiveup and they have 42 and 286 posts respectively. Post count means absolutely nothing in terms of credibility in fact I find there is more credibilty and less attention seeking.

How about you all just don't be Internet !@#$s to people, legit or not. I know that's impossible for here, but still.

"How was I suppose to know he was real, I thought he was a troll like the rest......so I had to be an ass to him."

Gross

Bam! Well said.

The other two individuals that have given this place the most credible inside information is Leroi and Nevergiveup and they have 42 and 286 posts respectively. Post count means absolutely nothing in terms of credibility in fact I find there is more credibilty and less attention seeking.

weve gotten good stuff from any and every type of poster.

the first time it comes through from someone though, we just have no idea if they are honest, what they qualify as a source, etc.... Some of our highest post count folks do a great job with info too. theres no single thing to look for besides track record. kind of what i was getting at with my "how to" is that it atleast sets up the foundation of that track record from the first post and sets the discussion up with the needed information instead of the "what would you say if i told you we were signing him" which doesnt get the information shared at all and gets responses that people dont want RI, then whats a birdy, then.... there was no claimed action, no claimed source, no qualification of a source with the team vs a friend of a friends, sisters cousin heard something.

share what you are comfortable with, hold back what you arent.... but actually getting out there cleanly and accurately from the get go the information you intend to share really does help instead of bits and pieces across hours of posts. really, that doesnt just go for sources.

Edited by NoSaint

thats fair, and the "maybe people dont get how to do it" is the reason why my apology came with a bit of explanation of what i thought would garner better responses in future cases. it wasnt meant to shame/blame him, but to share an honest take on the situation. if Ralph was offended, i do actually apologize for making him feel unwelcome. i cant speak for everyone but i know there are a few of us that were in there questioning both the idea of RI, and what the source was, that certainly weren't trying to ruin anyones day

I've found that looking at a posters history, even if short, is usually a pretty good indicator of intent. In this case I think it was so I would think it's not too much to ask folks to go through that history to get a feel for the poster, especially for how much RI had been talked about on here.

And I don't think it's anything against you NO, I think questioning is good but the issue is being dismissive. Similar to just sitting in a bar and discussing it.

The biggest lie in this thread is about how there's been a bunch of posters in the past that spread false rumours. That doesn't happen often here, so all these fools using that excuse are full of it. Also, the whole "he didn't put it in a way I thought was right"....who really cares what form you like or not? You do realize how arrogant that sounds coming from a nobody on a message board.

Truth is, 99.9% of posters on here don't offer anything other than their opinions (myself included). The select few that do should be given preferred treatment for the betterment of the board. Tim Graham is one of those people. What does it matter to people here if they find him overly sensitive? He had inside info and was willing to share it with us here for a while. Classic cutting-off-your-nose-to-spite-your-face kind of mentality.

Here's an idea (which obviously won't fly)...how about next time someone posts what they claim is privileged info, instead of wanting to slam them, just ignore the thread.

How about you all just don't be Internet !@#$s to people, legit or not. I know that's impossible for here, but still.

"How was I suppose to know he was real, I thought he was a troll like the rest......so I had to be an ass to him."

Gross

Not just gross but the sign of a small mind. And you are right, it is impossible for that not to happen here.

The biggest lie in this thread is about how there's been a bunch of posters in the past that spread false rumours. That doesn't happen often here, so all these fools using that excuse are full of it. Also, the whole "he didn't put it in a way I thought was right"....who really cares what form you like or not? You do realize how arrogant that sounds coming from a nobody on a message board.

Truth is, 99.9% of posters on here don't offer anything other than their opinions (myself included). The select few that do should be given preferred treatment for the betterment of the board. Tim Graham is one of those people. What does it matter to people here if they find him overly sensitive? He had inside info and was willing to share it with us here for a while. Classic cutting-off-your-nose-to-spite-your-face kind of mentality.

Here's an idea (which obviously won't fly)...how about next time someone posts what they claim is privileged info, instead of wanting to slam them, just ignore the thread.

I agree with most of your post, but what inside information did Tim Graham ever provide? Regardless, even if you have inside information, if you present it like a douche or "talk down" to people you can expect like treatment in return.

I get that and knew we could have a conversation about it without you getting defensive on me. That comes from your 22k+ posts ;)

I read the board quite regularly but I rarely post. My feelings aren't hurt... Go Bills.

Good to hear and keep the info coming! :beer:

The people who bashed that OP should apologize, if they haven't already. I remember reading that before the news and thought they were being asses. This is a fan thread. Insight like that is appreciated by this fan.

So everyone else saying they should sign Incognito weren't right first?

So everyone else saying they should sign Incognito weren't right first?

I think you're missing the point.

This wasn't just a "should" thread, despite that--at first glace--it may have appeared that way. As soon as the OP clarified that he heard something saying that the team was going to sign Incognito, it became far more than the typical "I want to see us sign this guy" thread.

A few folks had said they should, but nobody--to my knowledge--said that they would, and I'm near certain that nobody said it was eminent, other than RalphOP.

I think you're missing the point.

This wasn't just a "should" thread, despite that--at first glace--it may have appeared that way. As soon as the OP clarified that he heard something saying that the team was going to sign Incognito, it became far more than the typical "I want to see us sign this guy" thread.

A few folks had said they should, but nobody--to my knowledge--said that they would, and I'm near certain that nobody said it was eminent, other than RalphOP.

Well he did admit he got the idea from the Rex Presser.