Pegula ranked as 4th wealthiest NFL owner

So he sold his company for 4.7 Billion in 2010...his net worth was still the same this past year then he sells that land last summer for 1.75 billion but that does't change his net worth? I'm no math major but it seems to me it should be closer to 6.5 billion. Also, are we to assume that before he sold his company he never made money or invested it? Also, after he sold his company are we to assume he didn't invest the money in a very bullish stock market? Tpegs is very private and we will never know what he has. I'd wager that he has at least double what they're listing him at.

So he sold his company for 4.7 Billion in 2010...his net worth was still the same this past year then he sells that land last summer for 1.75 billion but that does't change his net worth? I'm no math major but it seems to me it should be closer to 6.5 billion. Also, are we to assume that before he sold his company he never made money or invested it? Also, after he sold his company are we to assume he didn't invest the money in a very bullish stock market? Tpegs is very private and we will never know what he has. I'd wager that he has at least double what they're listing him at.

Net worth takes in to account the value of all of your assets, including property.

From a sociological standpoint, it's interesting how many of them inherited their team's or the wealth they used to buy the team. Pegula's one of the few truly self-made folks on that list. Part of that's the nature of the NFL--the League's getting up there in age and teams often stay in the family--but that doesn't explain all of it, as even some relatively new owners like Stan (Walmart marrying) Kroenke, Woody (J&J) Johnson, and Bob (married the boss's daughter) Kraft show....

Net worth takes in to account the value of all of your assets, including property.

No kidding. So he sells his company for 4.7 billion. Set up correctly I doubt he paid much in taxes...say on the high end 15 percent or 700 mil. I believe he only sold 80 percent of the company at first then the other 20 percent later so that could have been another billion. So he has 4 bil cash in 2010. What about all the money he made over the years, then you have the land that he sold last summer and apparently has a bunch more of and then the five years of investing that 4 billion since the sale of the company. Again I'd estimate it much higher than the 5 billion,