Bills to go in little-talked-about direction at QB?

Rubes

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Colin Kapernick is the only out there QB option I see for the Bills. Every free agent weither its Locker or Sanchez or the others has been talked about. A trade for Foles or Bradford has been talked about. The other "out there" QB options like trading for a franchise guy have been dismissed as fan hope/speculation. I think with Roman here and Kapernick not coming off the best year and a new coaching staff coming in, its possible San Fran might trade him.

Colin Kapernick is the only out there QB option I see for the Bills. Every free agent weither its Locker or Sanchez or the others has been talked about. A trade for Foles or Bradford has been talked about. The other "out there" QB options like trading for a franchise guy have been dismissed as fan hope/speculation. I think with Roman here and Kapernick not coming off the best year and a new coaching staff coming in, its possible San Fran might trade him.

everything I've read on Roman leads me to believe he would not want Kap.

Yep, Blaine Gabbert is the way to go for the niners. Dump Kap the first QB to get them deep onto the playoffs and even a super bowl, over one crap season. says more maybe about the offensive philopshy that Kap.Hello Greg Roman! Edited by Best Player Available

Yep, Blaine Gabbert is the way to go for the niners. Dump Kap the first QB to get them deep onto the playoffs and even a super bowl, over one crap season. says more maybe about the offensive philopshy that Kap.Hello Greg Roman!

sf has realized Kap has no accuracy and are going back to running him all the time. Harbaugh tried to make him a pocket passer last year. It's part of the reason he and the FO were on the outs. No bueno.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000467943/article/look-for-49ers-colin-kaepernick-to-run-more-in-2015

sf has realized Kap has no accuracy and are going back to running him all the time. Harbaugh tried to make him a pocket passer last year. It's part of the reason he and the FO were on the outs. No bueno.http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000467943/article/look-for-49ers-colin-kaepernick-to-run-more-in-2015

TRUE!

That is definitely possible. I'll throw out a few more off the radar names that aren't likely but potentially possible: Carson Palmer, Eli Manning, Ryan Nassib, Phillip Rivers, Colin Kaepernick, Jimmy Clausen, Colt McCoy, Josh McCown and Chase Daniel. I think that pretty much covers the guys that haven't been beaten to death amongst the fan base that COULD be available and in their plans.

Tyrod Taylor has been off the radar (except by me) and has not been beaten to death.

Summary:

- 4-Year backup in a good system to a Franchise QB - Joe Flacco, Ravens

- Not many NFL snaps largely because Flacco never gets hurt.

- Has a Super Bowl ring - not many of the other QB's discussed aside from Eli can say that..

- All time QB at VT

- Held clipboard, shut-up, and learned, without cycles on his body

- Nearly undefeated in Pre-season, FWIW

- Badly wants to start in the NFL - would sign for MUCH less than a "real" Vet

- 4.5 40 with great arm. Physically faster and more elusive than Russell Wilson - ran a faster 40 at the same combine than Kaepernick

- Would fit very well in a Rex/Ryan/Roman power-run first, throw second scheme - a la Niners with Kaepernick - because he himself is a legit running threat.

There's other QB's that fall into the category of not getting a shot yet because of playing behind a Top 5 QB - this one seems under the radar enough to mention in this thread again...

Tyrod Taylor has been off the radar (except by me) and has not been beaten to death.

Summary:

- Has a Super Bowl ring - not many of the other QB's discussed aside from Eli can say that..

- All time QB at VT

- 4.5 40 with great arm. Physically faster and more elusive than Russell Wilson - ran a faster 40 at the same combine than Kaepernick

- Would fit very well in a Rex/Ryan/Roman power-run first, throw second scheme - a la Niners with Kaepernick - because he himself is a legit running threat.

There's other QB's that fall into the category of not getting a shot yet because of playing behind a Top 5 QB - this one seems under the radar enough to mention in this thread again...

Good stuff

Interesting, moshermw. That is certainly a name I haven't heard.

Is Taylor a free agent?

Yes. His four-year rookie deal ended with the Ravens this season. He made $550,000/yr and the Ravens liked him a lot even though his style is different from Flacco's. They brought in QB's every off-season to try and Beat TT out - never did. Best one was Kolb but also Dennis Dixon and a coule other names.

The Ravens won't want to spend the $$ he (and his agent) should want to keep him as a #2 but he would still be a potential huge bargain if the Bills bring him in.

It's like this IMO - the bad news is there's hardly any reg season NFL film on him - the good news is no one (except the Ravens) really knows how good he is - and they held on to him for four years ....

Summary:

- All time QB at VT

The two bolded are some real reaches there. I have a few Super Bowl Rings in madden, but Pegula was unimpressed by that on my resume I sent him.

Preseason is glorified practice. I dont put much stock into that unless he looks totally unprepared.

Tyrod Taylor is a little intriguing, but I wouldn't put all my eggs into that basket

The two bolded are some real reaches there. I have a few Super Bowl Rings in madden, but Pegula was unimpressed by that on my resume I sent him.

Preseason is glorified practice. I dont put much stock into that unless he looks totally unprepared.

Tyrod Taylor is a little intriguing, but I wouldn't put all my eggs into that basket

Give him time. He's a new owner. He'll see your worth someday. :flirt:

For sure. Why I added, fwiw.

Intriguing is the right word - Bills should at least bring him in for a look. The LACK of data is what's kinda cool - could be a steal in the rough.

Summary:

- All time QB at VT

Good stuff. I would also like to see what Taylor's got. I liked him coming out of college as a late round project.