Vikings FB Jerome Felton -update:Bills signed

YoloinOhio

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You dont have to wait and see, just look at the Seahawks and Niners the past few seasons.

Colin Kaepernick circa 2012 and Russell Wilson are head and shoulders better than Matt Cassel.

As for acquiring a QB...well, I'm a firm believer in swimming out to your ship and not waiting for it to come in. But the attitude prevalent on TBD is it's hard to get a top QB and so you've gotta wait. Tell that to an owner.

Colin Kaepernick circa 2012 and Russell Wilson are head and shoulders better than Matt Cassel.

As for acquiring a QB...well, I'm a firm believer in swimming out to your ship and not waiting for it to come in. But the attitude prevalent on TBD is it's hard to get a top QB and so you've gotta wait. Tell that to an owner.

We were discussing the type of teams that can win in the modern NFL, not the merrits of particular QBs. Its funny that you advocate a more agressive approach and then turn around and say that even teams with better QBs than the Bills play conservative schemes. Well, if thats the case, why would you want the Bills to be on the cutting edge with an aggressive passing attack?

Is it 1985 all over again?

I love Ditka, but he was not on the cutting edge 30 years ago. It was Bill Walsh and the passing game, specifically the WCO, that was winning more often. In fact SF beat CHI twice in the playoffs between 1984 and 1988.

It was an underachievement for da Bearsss to only win 1 SB in those years.

I think injuries to the 'qb position caused most of the trouble.

Here's a good video of Felton describing two of his blocking plays for Peterson.

http://www.vikings.com/media-vault/videos/Film-Room-Felton-On-Blocking-For-Peterson/3205e828-a0f4-4025-aed1-ef3acf523d5d

Awesome vid. Great role player. You can tell he takes a lot of enjoyment in successfully executing a well-designed play. Not a lot of glory, but he's content to do his job, blowing up defenders and springing AP. So glad he's one of ours!

FB position is why we failed at the run game this year. Look at the space Frank Summers gave us. When he wasn't used much we didn't run well. That position takes the first hit away from the RB a lot of the time does it not? Good signing.