what do we need to do to get to Pats level?

We now know who the best team. We face them 2x/year and know how we match up. So what specifically do we need to do to consistently beat them? (That should be the goal). I'll start with:

1. Adjustments: both during the game and at half time. They do a better job here than others and pull away when it counts most.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Was Brady really all the instrumental yeaterday? He threw 2 picks and LOB we're seriously depleted by injury...lane was out after the pick, sherman will require surgery, Thomas probably will, and chancellor may

Even with the picks Brady completed over 70% of his passes, threw 4 TDs had over 300 yards with next to no running game to aid him. Brady might not have the strongest of arms but demonstrates you don't need a rocket arm to be an NFL QB just accurate. It's fitting that his hero is Joe Montana as both share these traits but Joe was a better athlete.

Edited by The Jokeman

Even with the picks Brady completed over 70% of his passes, threw 4 TDs had over 300 yards with next to no running game to aid him. Brady might not have the strongest of arms but demonstrates you don't need a rocket arm to be an NFL QB just accurate. It's fitting that his hero is Joe Montana as both share these traits but Joe was a better athlete.

A lof of that was dinky dunk stuff, and be did have 2 bad picks against a secondary that was seriously hurting.

I just know we have to take the "elite qb" thing off the table because unless we're willing to do an irsay and tank the season we're not getting one.

How about elite TE instead? Seems a lot more achievable and gronk is a big part of their success across the board on offense

Edited by JTSP

A lof of that was dinky dunk stuff, and be did have 2 bad picks against a secondary that was seriously hurting.

I just know we have to take the "elite qb" thing off the table because unless we're willing to do an irsay and tank the season we're not getting one.

How about elite TE instead? Seems a lot more achievable and gronk is a big part of their success across the board on offense

I've been calling for us to sign Jordan Cameron as an UFA as the second biggest priority this offseason after re-signing Hughes.

You can just continue to refuse to acknowledge how great the guy is.

Dinky dunk isn't good if it wins you a Super Bowl, I'm confused. So the only way that is acceptable to win a SB as a QB is throwing it deep all night?

I see you working... if you say the backfield, full of the most cocksure MFers in the league right not was injured, you thereby minimize Brady's role in the win. Got it.

Keep building the case against the guy but everyone around him is better because of him, including Gronk, who I loved out of college (U of A homer). I said it before the game and I'll say it again, give me that guy as my QB in a must win game. At 37 he won a Super Bowl. At 37 the beloved Jim Kelly was retired.

Outside of your obvious emotional inability to give the guy credit, an improved OL is a must. A TE would be a huge improvement. My line is, we don't have one and can't stop one since Ben Coates was eating our lunch. They are major weapons and a necessary for younger QBs. You can get to the playoffs with this D and a mediocre QB. Need to get lucky and find one or have EJ develop. Get the OL, which gets you the running and takes pressure off the QB to do it all. Get that TE and it becomes better for the QB as well.

Coincidence how guys like Kaepernick and Wilson did well right away... behind great OLs with great running games, and in SF's case, a great TE.