what do we need to do to get to Pats level?

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Was Brady really all the instrumental yeaterday? He threw 2 picks and LOB we're seriously depleted by injury...lane was out after the pick, sherman will require surgery, Thomas probably will, and chancellor may

Was brady really that instrumental yesterday ? Lolololololol

No he only threw 4 tds vs the only defense in football that was undefeated with a 10 point lead.

Never change joe, the laughs are appreciated.

Was brady really that instrumental yesterday ? Lolololololol

No he only threw 4 tds vs the only defense in football that was undefeated with a 10 point lead.

Never change joe, the laughs are appreciated.

kind of different playing them in seattle, and with the secondary healthy .... no? last time he was in that spot he did lose, you know

U-mad-bro.jpg

point again was brady the only QB that could have performed at that level sunday? seriously doubt it

Edited by JTSP

Yes Joe I'm sure other qb's would get rid of the ball quickly as brady did all day under a monster pass rush and throw 4 tds in a Super Bowl.

Please stop, or just admit you are addicted to trolling. There are places that can help. Brady is a beast period. Put down that yoga mat and bow to his greatness.

Trent dilfer and brad johnson

Interesting. The thread title asks how the Bills get to the Pats level, and you bring up 2 players that could never bring 4 Super Bowl victories, 2 additional appearances in the Super Bowl, a ton of victories year in and year out over the course of 15 years in any organization, at any time. When you said the "patriots level", did you mean some other kind of level? Because by your logic, you are referring to the Bucaneers'level. The Ravens level. A million miles from threatening to win a Super Bowl title every season. Clearly not close to the Patriots "level".

We now know who the best team. We face them 2x/year and know how we match up. So what specifically do we need to do to consistently beat them? (That should be the goal). I'll start with:

1. Adjustments: both during the game and at half time. They do a better job here than others and pull away when it counts most.

has anyone mentioned the QB situation yet ?

We now know who the best team. We face them 2x/year and know how we match up. So what specifically do we need to do to consistently beat them? (That should be the goal). I'll start with:

1. Adjustments: both during the game and at half time. They do a better job here than others and pull away when it counts most.

Get our franchise qb and head coach good enough to excel for the next 10-12 years.

Yes Joe I'm sure other qb's would get rid of the ball quickly as brady did all day under a monster pass rush and throw 4 tds in a Super Bowl.

Please stop, or just admit you are addicted to trolling. There are places that can help. Brady is a beast period. Put down that yoga mat and bow to his greatness.

U r mad bro, as in crazy. Search the thread bro, and you'll see I've said overall he's the GOAT. My question is to those whove responded we need him to win the super bowl. Think that's getting carried away no? Plenty of other QBs have won them (he's won 4 in 14 seasons). And oh yeah, Tommy the GOAT's offense mustered a meager 14 and 17 points in a pair of super bowl losses to giants.

Interesting. The thread title asks how the Bills get to the Pats level, and you bring up 2 players that could never bring 4 Super Bowl victories, 2 additional appearances in the Super Bowl, a ton of victories year in and year out over the course of 15 years in any organization, at any time. When you said the "patriots level", did you mean some other kind of level? Because by your logic, you are referring to the Bucaneers'level. The Ravens level. A million miles from threatening to win a Super Bowl title every season. Clearly not close to the Patriots "level".

Fair point, get to their level at least for a year or two, or where we can consistently beat them Edited by JTSP

Trent dilfer and brad johnson

Dilfer threw a sinlge TD pass. Johnson threw 2.

Since you enjoy math so much, that means both QBs combined, in 2 SBs, threw for fewer TDs than Brady did Sunday. Another way to do the calculation is to say that Johnson had as many TDs the entire game as Brady had in the 4th Q--and none of Johnson's TD was a game winner. In fact they came as the Bucs already had a 2 score lead, which they never gave up for nearly another half of football.

Even more math: Dilfer and Johnson's combined SB appearances/wins are equal 1/2 of Brady's wins and 1/3 of his appearances.

Math is fun!

#1- draft a HOF qb with a 6th round pick

if that fails

#2- use the draft and cap space primarily on Front 7 type players (bills history is just the opposite with wr, rb & db's)

Or, just draft QBs.

Brady was drafted when Bledsoe was still in his prime.

Since Brady won his first SB, NE has drafted 7 QBs.

In that same time period, the Bills have drafted 4, despite having no viable starting QB for the past dozen years or so.

You can't find one if you aren't looking.

U r mad bro, as in crazy. Search the thread bro, and you'll see I've said overall he's the GOAT. My question is to those whove responded we need him to win the super bowl. Think that's getting carried away no? Plenty of other QBs have won them (he's won 4 in 14 seasons). And oh yeah, Tommy the GOAT's offense mustered a meager 14 and 17 points in a pair of super bowl losses to giants.

Fair point, get to their level at least for a year or two, or where we can consistently beat them

Who has won more Super Bowls in that time span that is an active player? Edited by FireChan

Dilfer threw a sinlge TD pass. Johnson threw 2.

Since you enjoy math so much, that means both QBs combined, in 2 SBs, threw for fewer TDs than Brady did Sunday. Another way to do the calculation is to say that Johnson had as many TDs the entire game as Brady had in the 4th Q--and none of Johnson's TD was a game winner. In fact they came as the Bucs already had a 2 score lead, which they never gave up for nearly another half of football.

Even more math: Dilfer and Johnson's combined SB appearances/wins are equal 1/2 of Brady's wins and 1/3 of his appearances.

Math is fun!

The point since you haven't figured it out by now and we're 4 pages into the thread (reading isn't your thing either I can tell), is that teams with clearly non-elite QBs can win the super bowl too. So yeah thanks for providing some stats to back that up. You're so freaking lost you dont even know whose argument you're supporting. Edited by JTSP

Or, just draft QBs.

Brady was drafted when Bledsoe was still in his prime.

Since Brady won his first SB, NE has drafted 7 QBs.

In that same time period, the Bills have drafted 4, despite having no viable starting QB for the past dozen years or so.

You can't find one if you aren't looking.

And even used a 2nd round pick last year. The scary thing if I'm right that pats can play at a high level without Brady, is that when he's gone they may still dominate (most assume our problems are solved when he's gone). Garroppolo throws a beautiful ball and he's built like a tank. He seemed to have all the tools coming out, just raw from a 2nd tier program. I like the way they're bringing him along sitting and learning behind Brady. I think we could be looking at a Favre to Rodgers type situation. Edited by JTSP

And even used a 2nd round pick last year. The scary thing if I'm right that pats can play at a high level without Brady, is that when he's gone they may still dominate (most assume our problems are solved when he's gone). Garroppolo throws a beautiful ball and he's built like a tank. He seemed to have all the tools coming out, just raw from a 2nd tier program. I like the way they're bringing him along sitting and learning behind Brady. I think we could be looking at a Favre to Rodgers type situation.

Please don't tell me your evidence of that is the Cassell year.

The point since you haven't figured it out by now and we're 4 pages into the thread (reading isn't your thing either I can tell), is that teams with clearly non-elite QBs can win the super bowl too. So yeah thanks for providing some stats to back that up. You're so freaking lost you dont even know whose argument you're supporting.

Change your thread title to "How do we get to Trent Dilfer's level," then.

The point since you haven't figured it out by now and we're 4 pages into the thread (reading isn't your thing either I can tell), is that teams with clearly non-elite QBs can win the super bowl too. So yeah thanks for providing some stats to back that up. You're so freaking lost you dont even know whose argument you're supporting.

Anything is possible I suppose but, in answer to your original question, no team will get to the Pats level of domination without an elite QB ...... or HC.

Edited by Pneumonic