what do we need to do to get to Pats level?

Super bowl: score was 28-24, not 14-0. By your logic if hawks had scored from the 1, they would have won game although being outscored 14-7

Jets: Hence the qualifier "nearly"

TE's: Watson was a good players, and welker though not a TE was probably best short yardage WR all time. No one is saying Brady isn't good (heck, I've been saying he's goat for a while), however its not true that a) he's had no talent around him, and b) he's the only QB pats can win with.

Yes, if the Seahawks scored from the 1, my logic would say they win the game. My logic also says that if the pats don't score 14 in the 4th, the Seahawks win. Math is easy.

The Bills have "nearly swept" NE for the past 15 years, I guess.

The term was "great TE's". What ever happened to Watson anyway? And Welker was certainly a great slot receiver...except before he came to NE and after he went to Broncos.

Edited by Mr. WEO

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, if the Seahawks scored from the 1, my logic would say they win the game. My logic also says that if the pats don't score 14 in the 4th, the Seahawks win. Math is easy.

The Bills have "nearly swept" NE for the past 15 years, I guess.

The term was "great TE's". What ever happened to Watson anyway? And Welker was certainly a great slot receiver...except before he came to NE and after he went to Broncos.

Note to self: no more math discussions with a poster can't do basic math

Welker had 700 yards year before with Miami with joey harrington throwing to him, and 800 in 13 games with Denver year after he left (average gets 1,000 over 16 games). He could play just getting old now, pats were wise to let him walk

Edited by JTSP

It's simple.

1. Find a HC who can beat the greatest HC of all time.

2. Find a QB who, if faced with a situation that finds his team down 10 pts with 7 minutes left, has the ability to go out and perform, on the grandest of sports stages, to the tune of 13 of 15 for 124 yards and two touchdowns on 2 final drives.

If done, you can confidently book your super bowl tickets.

Edited by Pneumonic

The Patriots start and end with Brady. Belichick is nothing without Brady. Belichick was nearly beaten by a foot locker employee and the worst WR group in the NFL. Only Pete Carroll prevented the Seahawks from winning.

And Brady was not flawless but none the less brilliant. No more so than on 2nd and 18 when he stepped up in the pocket and hit his WR over the middle.

We now know who the best team. We face them 2x/year and know how we match up. So what specifically do we need to do to consistently beat them? (That should be the goal). I'll start with:

1. Adjustments: both during the game and at half time. They do a better job here than others and pull away when it counts most.

QB

A lof of that was dinky dunk stuff, and be did have 2 bad picks against a secondary that was seriously hurting.

I just know we have to take the "elite qb" thing off the table because unless we're willing to do an irsay and tank the season we're not getting one.

How about elite TE instead? Seems a lot more achievable and gronk is a big part of their success across the board on offense

If a Super Bowl victory is the expectation, then you are in denial.

Nobody is going to "consistently beat" the Pats* while Brady and Belichick are still there. Just won't happen; they're too good and they cheat. The Bills simply need to keep improving and get to a level where they can reasonably expect an annual split in those two games and beat up on the rest of the division. They're really almost there; as others have noted, getting competent QB play (and a good offensive scheme) is all that's needed.

Cheat.

Anyone think if we had Brady and Belichick the last 15 years and we didn't cheat we'd be where they are?

Brady might never have started a game in the league, and Belichick would have been Gregg Williams.

Stop kidding yourselves. They are where they are because they cheated to build what they have.

Nobody is going to "consistently beat" the Pats* while Brady and Belichick are still there. Just won't happen; they're too good and they cheat. The Bills simply need to keep improving and get to a level where they can reasonably expect an annual split in those two games and beat up on the rest of the division. They're really almost there; as others have noted, getting competent QB play (and a good offensive scheme) is all that's needed.

how did they cheat in the SB?

The Patriots start and end with Brady. Belichick is nothing without Brady. Belichick was nearly beaten by a foot locker employee and the worst WR group in the NFL. Only Pete Carroll prevented the Seahawks from winning.

And Brady was not flawless but none the less brilliant. No more so than on 2nd and 18 when he stepped up in the pocket and hit his WR over the middle.

Why stop there?

Levy was nothing without Kelly

Walsh was nothing without Montana

Noll was nothing without Bradshaw

Lombardi was nothing without Starr

Was Brady really all the instrumental yeaterday? He threw 2 picks and LOB we're seriously depleted by injury...lane was out after the pick, sherman will require surgery, Thomas probably will, and chancellor may

I actually thought Julian Edelman or Shane Verett shoulda won the MVP! The guys were unguardable and made huge plays all game.

How about an "evil genius"

We now know who the best team. We face them 2x/year and know how we match up. So what specifically do we need to do to consistently beat them? (That should be the goal). I'll start with:

1. Adjustments: both during the game and at half time. They do a better job here than others and pull away when it counts most.

Cheat, Have a QB, and run schemes that your players can do.

If we want to be the Patriots - ie. a team that wins consistently and is a Superbowl contender every single year we will need an elite Quarterback, no question about it. There is not way to build a consistent winner without them.

However, with someone who is a franchise QB but short of elite you can, putting the right pieces around him, have a run of 2-4 years as contenders a little like Harbaugh had in San Francisco. That should be the aim for the Bills.... and to do that we need better play from the Quarterback positon, a more consistent running back (I love Fred but he can't be our bell cow now at his age), and a serious upgrade to the interior offensive line.

I actually thought Julian Edelman or Shane Verett shoulda won the MVP! The guys were unguardable and made huge plays all game.

How about an "evil genius"

i agree it wasn't all brady as some here are contending ... as I said there were other QBs that could have delivered comparable performances. But hes the QB so he gets the nod for the most part (like any winning team's QB). But Edelman certainly deserved consideration -- 9 catches, 4 1st downs, 109 yards, winning TD, went over the middle, didnt flinch, played hurt ... shot he took from chancellor was vicious

Edited by JTSP

Where did I say they did?