what do we need to do to get to Pats level?

And even used a 2nd round pick last year. The scary thing if I'm right that pats can play at a high level without Brady, is that when he's gone they may still dominate (most assume our problems are solved when he's gone). Garroppolo throws a beautiful ball and he's built like a tank. He seemed to have all the tools coming out, just raw from a 2nd tier program. I like the way they're bringing him along sitting and learning behind Brady. I think we could be looking at a Favre to Rodgers type situation.

in 2008 they finished 11-5 with matt cassell getting 15 starts (10-5)

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Anything is possible I suppose but, in answer to the OP's question, no team will get to the Pats level of domination without an elite QB ...... or HC.

I agree with that over the long haul, but I'm just looking for a couple years where we have to get by them and have a title shot. Jets had their # a few years back, and giants took 2 super bowls from them over a 4 year period

I agree with that over the long haul, but I'm just looking for a couple years where we have to get by them and have a title shot. Jets had their # a few years back, and giants took 2 super bowls from them over a 4 year period

Had their number by going over .500 once?

If the Pats weren't in the division then, yeah, maybe luck prevails and a couple SB wins transpire. But, the Pats (with a great QB and HC) are in the division and need to be overcome for luck to even have a snowballs chance in hell of happening.

The point since you haven't figured it out by now and we're 4 pages into the thread (reading isn't your thing either I can tell), is that teams with clearly non-elite QBs can win the super bowl too. So yeah thanks for providing some stats to back that up. You're so freaking lost you dont even know whose argument you're supporting.

Oh, wait so you're saying that Dilfer and Johnson "won" those 2 SB's like Brady won Sunday.

Dang, and just when I was getting a handle on this math thing--now I go ahead and can't read.

Oh, wait so you're saying that Dilfer and Johnson "won" those 2 SB's like Brady won Sunday.

Dang, and just when I was getting a handle on this math thing--now I go ahead and can't read.

And let's not limit things to just this last SB win.

After being behind or tied in the 4th quarter, Brady delivered in the clutch and had his team in the lead in SB games against:

1. The Rams (W)

2. The Panthers (W)

3. The Giants (L)

4. The Giants (L)

And, of course this last Seahawks game.

Edited by Pneumonic

And let's not limit things to just this last SB win.

After being behind or tied in the 4th quarter, Brady delivered in the clutch and had his team in the lead in SB games against:

1. The Rams (W)

2. The Panthers (W)

3. The Giants (L)

4. The Giants (L)

And, of course this last Seahawks game.

You don't understand 4th Q "logic and math".....

Errrr no, I'm saying TEAMS without elite QBs can win SBs too .... been saying that the whole thread. Sure hope that still applies as we aren't scoring an elite QB any time soon .

Heres a link I think I can help you

http://readingisfundamental.org/

Seriously why don't you take a breather? You ruin every thread you're in with your moronic, repetitive posts ...especially if its pats or Brady related

Edited by JTSP

non start Game was 0-0 when cassell came in first quarter. Yeah I'd say he deserves some credit for that win ... certainly Brady doesnt

Just to add to this. The 2008 11 wins from Matt Cassell was skewed by the fact that we played the NFC West that year which was awful, the Dolphins won the division with 12 wins and the Jets had 9 wins. The records of the the NFC west were horrible so every got a bump in wins like that. With Brady they would have won 14 games most likely.

would OP be taking jabs at the QB play if it was EJ instead of Brady? Doubt it. Tom had one bad throw all game but other than that he played almost perfect football. The Wagner int was more about Wagner than TB.

Also take note of the quality of talent at the WR position on both teams in the SB. None are that special, all are expendable talent and we just traded two firsts for a WR. I love Sammy but it kind of shows we may have been misguided in using those resources on a WR when they are clearly not needed.

Edited by jletha

You don't understand 4th Q "logic and math".....

Logic isn't a strong suit for haters it seems.

Heck, to some haters, it's better losing and not getting to a SB then it is getting there and losing. I guess it takes all kinds.

Errrr no, I'm saying TEAMS without elite QBs can win SBs too .... been saying that the whole thread. Sure hope that still applies as we aren't scoring an elite QB any time soon .

Seriously why don't you take a breather? You ruin every thread you're in with your moronic, repetitive posts ...especially if its pats or Brady related

If you are so certain of your stance on this why the heck did you start the thread?

Just to add to this. The 2008 11 wins from Matt Cassell was skewed by the fact that we played the NFC West that year which was awful, the Dolphins won the division with 12 wins and the Jets had 9 wins. The records of the the NFC west were horrible so every got a bump in wins like that. With Brady they would have won 14 games most likely.

would OP be taking jabs at the QB play if it was EJ instead of Brady? Doubt it. Tom had one bad throw all game but other than that he played almost perfect football. The Wagner int was more about Wagner than TB.

Also take note of the quality of talent at the WR position on both teams in the SB. None are that special, all are expendable talent and we just traded two firsts for a WR. I love Sammy but it kind of shows we may have been misguided in using those resources on a WR when they are clearly not needed.

Cassell took over one of the best teams in NFL history too. It's actually a poor argument.

Take a breather? Moronic repetitive posts?

You're exsanguinating...

We now know who the best team. We face them 2x/year and know how we match up. So what specifically do we need to do to consistently beat them? (That should be the goal). I'll start with:

1. Adjustments: both during the game and at half time. They do a better job here than others and pull away when it counts most.

Cheat

CBF