C Brian De La Puente & Aaron Kromer - reunited again in '15?

Commander

Don't be surprised if the Bills make a run a center/guard Brian De La Puente when free agency starts. Aaron Kromer is extremely high on him, and the feeling is mutual by De La Puente.

Below is a good read on him and Kromer:

http://www.chicagobears.com/news/article-1/Saints-linemen-Bears-lucky-to-have-Aaron-Kromer/1bcdbd5b-3a3d-4189-94b5-f2babae8956b

He's been one of the best bang for the buck offensive lineman in the NFL the last four seasons. Watching how he came in and performed at a high level against the Bills when the Bears starting center (Roberto Garza) got injured convinced me last year.

Pro Football Focus predicted he would be the Bears "Secret Superstar" last year (they also predicted Nigel Bradham for the Bills).

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2014/05/20/secret-superstars-2014-chicago-bears/

In my opinion, he probably wouldn't cost a lot against the cap and would be a much better value than anybody on the Bills interior.

Edited by Commander

Don't be surprised if the Bills make a run a center/guard Brian De La Puente when free agency starts. Aaron Kromer is extremely high on him, and the feeling is mutual by De La Puente.

Below is a good read on him and Kromer:

http://www.chicagobears.com/news/article-1/Saints-linemen-Bears-lucky-to-have-Aaron-Kromer/1bcdbd5b-3a3d-4189-94b5-f2babae8956b

He's been one of the best bang for the buck offensive lineman in the NFL the last four seasons. Watching how he came in and performed at a high level against the Bills when the Bears starting center (Roberto Garza) got injured convinced me last year.

Pro Football Focus predicted he would be the Bears "Secret Superstar" last year (they also predicted Nigel Bradham for the Bills).

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2014/05/20/secret-superstars-2014-chicago-bears/

In my opinion, he probably wouldn't cost a lot against the cap and would be a much better value than anybody on the Bills interior.

Nice call. It would be the end of Urbik as well because he we would have Center backed up between he and Wood. Then go out and get a real road grader like Iupati.

Love it. If we see Wood struggle at OC we can bounce him to OG, let dude play OC and maybe find better overall chemistry and as a result better quality.

I want the best 5 in the 5 positions. I don't care if they're actually a guard, center, tackle or tight end. Cordy Glenn was a guard, Jason Peters was a TE and Wood started at OG as it is...

Nice call. It would be the end of Urbik as well because he we would have Center backed up between he and Wood. Then go out and get a real road grader like Iupati.

I don't think that there is any real chance that you will see the Bills change their philosophy and spend really big money on the G position. They just don't value the position highly enough to go spend the $7-$8m per season that someone like Iupati will command.

I don't think that there is any real chance that you will see the Bills change their philosophy and spend really big money on the G position. They just don't value the position highly enough to go spend the $7-$8m per season that someone like Iupati will command.

There's always a chance. They just spent coin on a head coach and a large coaching staff. Not something they've done in the past. They didn't use to trade around in the draft, but they've done that two years in a row. We'll see if OG is philosophy change too. It's an obvious posiiton of necessitiy. Whaley and everyone else can see that.

Edited by purple haze

i won't be surprised if they don't pay that much for a G. I just wonder what kind of promises were made to Roman to get him here considering Cleveland wanted him too and has a much more solid OL which is a requirement for his offense. I am sure he didn't pound the table and announce that he is going to have a top running game and not have some guarantee from the Bills that he was not going to inherit the unit that rushed for 13 yards against the Raiders. So something will happen to bolster the line, IMO. Could be iupati or someone else. Edited by YoloinOhio

There's always a chance. They just spent coin on a head coach and a large coaching staff. Not something they've done in the past. They didn't use to trade around in the draft, but they've done that two years in a row. We'll see if OG is philosophy change too. It's an obvious posiiton of necessitiy. Whaley and everyone else can see that.

It's something that will depend on scheme and positional priorities, not owner or what they've normally done. Rex, roman and whaley will decide how resources will match on field philosophy and its the first time 2 of the 3 have had that discussion in buffalo

Edited by NoSaint

Dont know if you noticed the their is a new HC....and a new OC.....and Roman runs the ball. I think it is HIGHLY likely that they consider OL very important in this new dawn of the Bills

Dont know if you noticed the their is a new HC....and a new OC.....and Roman runs the ball. I think it is HIGHLY likely that they consider OL very important in this new dawn of the Bills

This. The Bills know they have bad OG's and need to improve them, after several years of trying and failing.