FA QB option: Matt Moore

YoloinOhio

We need to sign FA quarterbacks now, not after we see what EJ et al do. Why would you wait?

I would not worry about that !

they wont make the same mistake again after screwing themselves two years running.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We need to sign FA quarterbacks now, not after we see what EJ et al do. Why would you wait?

you misunderstood my post. I responded to someone who said the dolphins obviously were not looking to stick with Moore long term because they looked elsewhere (Tannehill), indicating we wouldn't be getting a long term starting caliber QB with him. I said we will be looking elsewhere (2016 FA/draft) no matter who we sign this year because none appear to be long term caliber starters. The only way we wouldn't is if EJ emerges as an established/good starter and they decide to stick with him.

I read this about Matt a lot. But didn't he get a chance to start in Carolina? AND he did start 12 games for the Fish in 2011. For some reason they decided to look elsewhere.

If we had a top 10 pick with a promising QB prospect sitting there I'd look elsewhere too.

I was reading some where yesterday that Bill Polian thinks very highly of this guy & i also believe that he would be the most motivated & the Bills best all around option for the Bills !!

There aren't a lot of QB's out there that have experience enough to be what we need them to . There is a bunch of unproven products that i think could be a lot better than EJ .

One is AJ McCarron , another is Taj Boyd , both were winners as college QB's & McCarron on the biggest of stages & in a pro offense under Saban . I for one can't see why more time hasn't been invested in these 2 particular players it is a waste to have them sitting the bench !!

But i hope the Bills see that one or 2 of these 3 players are worth a shot !!

I was reading some where yesterday that Bill Polian thinks very highly of this guy & i also believe that he would be the most motivated & the Bills best all around option for the Bills !!

There aren't a lot of QB's out there that have experience enough to be what we need them to . There is a bunch of unproven products that i think could be a lot better than EJ .

One is AJ McCarron , another is Taj Boyd , both were winners as college QB's & McCarron on the biggest of stages & in a pro offense under Saban . I for one can't see why more time hasn't been invested in these 2 particular players it is a waste to have them sitting the bench !!

T Master, that was Vic Carrucci's article in the Buffalo News and a good one. It was a pretty thorough breakdown of all of the options out there with opinions from Polian and Mark Dominic. The opinions from thre three was high on Moore. I looked up his stats and not too promising, but I remember I believe in 2011 he was sharp. Many Fish fans down here wanted him more than Tannehill given his perpensity to hold the ball too long and get sacked.

I was surprised they did not seem high on Foles who would be my choice. I know he started out last year not as crisp as the year before, but think he would do well with our offensive philosophy. I know it's boring football, but love we are going after a run first approach. The key is opening up the wallet this week and picking up either Greshem or J. Thomas, and Lupatti. Then we have a big red zone threat, a solid line, and I would bring back Mike Williams. I think that failed experiment was about Marrone's stubborness, not Williams abilities. Williams was sharp in Tampa for four years.

AJ McCarron spent the first part of the season on the reserve/non-football-injury list. One way that designation is used is to stash promising players that don't quite make the 53 man roster without exposing them to waivers.

He is currently signed by the Bengals through 2017. Smart money says with Dalton losing another playoff game, if McCarron has got anything he just might get his chance to show if he's the next Brady or Wilson - with the Bengals.

The Jets agree with you so much about Tajh Boyd that they cut him, and he wasn't picked up to sit on anyone's bench. The Lions just tried him out so if they like him, he might get a chance with them but he left without a contract. Given how crappy the Jets QB situation was it's kinda hard to believe in his NFL feasibility if the Jets wouldn't even stash him on their practice squad and 31 other teams passed when they cut him.

I think where you read the Polian love for Matt Moore is in this article, which I linked and quoted in another post on this thread.

Edited by Hopeful

AJ McCarron spent the first part of the season on the reserve/non-football-injury list. One way that designation is used is to stash promising players that don't quite make the 53 man roster without exposing them to waivers.

He is currently signed by the Bengals through 2017. Smart money says with Dalton losing another playoff game, if McCarron has got anything he just might get his chance to show if he's the next Brady or Wilson - with the Bengals.

The Jets agree with you so much about Tajh Boyd that they cut him, and he wasn't picked up to sit on anyone's bench. The Lions just tried him out so if they like him, he might get a chance with them but he left without a contract. Given how crappy the Jets QB situation was it's kinda hard to believe in his NFL feasibility if the Jets wouldn't even stash him on their practice squad and 31 other teams passed when they cut him.

mccarron was actually really hurt. He injured his shoulder early in TC and didn't throw a pass In practice for the bengals until late November. Hue Jackson was asked about him at one point and he said they haven't had a chance to evaluate him at all.

mccarron was actually really hurt. He injured his shoulder early in TC and didn't throw a pass In practice for the bengals until late November. Hue Jackson was asked about him at one point and he said they haven't had a chance to evaluate him at all.

He was quoted as saying on August 5th and again on Sept 1st his shoulder was "fine" and "felt great". So there may have been a real injury there to start with, but league rules and roster cutdowns aside, it sounds like he could have participated.

What do you expect Hue Jackson to say? "McCarron? Oh, we "stashed" him.". As the second article says "not that the Bengals are being dishonest" (nudge nudge wink wink)

By the way, NFL trivia: if he had been injured in training camp they couldn't have put him on the "nonfootball injury" list. Once a player has taken a snap in TC, he can't go on NFI or PUP.

Edited by Hopeful

Moore would be a OK backup for EJ. I'am still impressed with Foles though as a starter also.

Are you kidding me! How you seen Manuel play? He is terrible . Moore should be the starter and yes, I would love if they could somehow get Nick Foles who would be my first choice, but I would be very happy if we could get Matt Moore as I think he could run our offense....