TJ Yeldon: RB

The Big Cat

It was Bill in NYC.

I always liked him since he was a freshman. Thought he would do more in the end. RBBC and a new devotion to the passing game with Lane kind of stifled him this year IMO.

Certainly a possibility. YPC down each year is a bit of concern, but I cant say I have paid that much attention.

I'd be all for it....as long as we can add 2 starters at guard with other resources.

I think at least one starter is already here and the other will follow his former OC. I'd rather get a running back in this draft

I think at least one starter is already here and the other will follow his former OC. I'd rather get a running back in this draft

Iupati and hoping CK, Urbik or Cyril can out might be the plan. All better suited for power running game then that Hackett/Marrone crap we saw last year.

Iupati and hoping CK, Urbik or Cyril can out might be the plan. All better suited for power running game then that Hackett/Marrone crap we saw last year.

or maybe Chris Williams too. I would like us to draft Gurley, trading up if we have to. Sign Hughes, iupati, searcy, Wynn, Easley and a TE such as Charles clay or Jordan Cameron. Smash mouth offense plus our great D and special teams- the afc east is ours! Edited by Pete

Boyst? Bill in NYC?

One of you two--I think--was singing this guy's praises.

Anyways, here's this: http://www.wgr550.com/Draft-names-to-watch-HB-T-J-Yeldon/9034669?pid=451702

Yes, it was me :).

His 40 time at the combine will be interesting. I also thought he was closer to 6'2", but we shall see.

The comment about his vision was true. He can really get through openings and he is hard to catch and bring down. Frogger, you are correct. He is faster and more of a home run hitter than Lacy, but not quite as strong. That said, he blocks and he is very good on screen passes. He is also great on 3rd and short at the goal line.

Don't worry too much about his yardage numbers. I know that sounds strange but he was on a team with unlimited weapons, to include Amari Cooper, who I think will be every bit as good as Julio Jones.

My only concern would be his health. Like most backs, he has been banged up a bit and believe me, this is a kid who will play through injury. But, Saban rested him.

For Fred Jackson fans, I have never seen a back who resembles him more than TJ. They have the same type of bodies, same running style and versatility. TJ isn't as strong as Fred just yet but he is a baby, and I think he will get to be on a par with Fred in terms of pure strength. When healthy, he is a full step faster than Fred from scrimmage. In the open field, it isn't even close.

Imo, he would be a great fit on this football team but as others have said, we need interior linemen as well.

Yes, it was me :).

His 40 time at the combine will be interesting. I also thought he was closer to 6'2", but we shall see.

The comment about his vision was true. He can really get through openings and he is hard to catch and bring down. Frogger, you are correct. He is faster and more of a home run hitter than Lacy, but not quite as strong. That said, he blocks and he is very good on screen passes. He is also great on 3rd and short at the goal line.

Don't worry too much about his yardage numbers. I know that sounds strange but he was on a team with unlimited weapons, to include Amari Cooper, who I think will be every bit as good as Julio Jones.

My only concern would be his health. Like most backs, he has been banged up a bit and believe me, this is a kid who will play through injury. But, Saban rested him.

For Fred Jackson fans, I have never seen a back who resembles him more than TJ. They have the same type of bodies, same running style and versatility. TJ isn't as strong as Fred just yet but he is a baby, and I think he will get to be on a par with Fred in terms of pure strength. When healthy, he is a full step faster than Fred from scrimmage. In the open field, it isn't even close.

Imo, he would be a great fit on this football team but as others have said, we need interior linemen as well.

IMO, Bama QBs and RBs are very hard to evaluate. They play behind the best olines on loaded football teams. It's so hard to tell who is legit and who is a product of the system.

And for most rbs not named Adrian Peterson, you're only as good as the oline in front of you. It's dumb to waste high picks on rbs if your oline isn't good.

IMO, Bama QBs and RBs are very hard to evaluate. They play behind the best olines on loaded football teams. It's so hard to tell who is legit and who is a product of the system.

And for most rbs not named Adrian Peterson, you're only as good as the oline in front of you. It's dumb to waste high picks on rbs if your oline isn't good.

I agree. The thing is, I am of the opinion that the Bills do really need a back. Fred is old and Spiller is a small, situational, inconsistent back and I am being kind.

And as I said, the Bills are in desperate need of interior linemen.

I'm on board, when he was playing behind Lacy I saw him as a more explosive option, Lacy turned out well, I feel Yeldon will too

Unfortunately, I feel the same with this year comparing Henry to Yeldon. I think Henry is a better back and have a hard time getting behind a back that isn't even the best one on his college team. I also felt the same way concerning Richardson and Lacy when Lacy seemed to look better in my opinion than Richardson did and we all know how that is turning out. I would much rather have Gurley or wait a round or two for Duke Johnson (if possible).

Edited by Mark80

I agree. The thing is, I am of the opinion that the Bills do really need a back. Fred is old and Spiller is a small, situational, inconsistent back and I am being kind.

And as I said, the Bills are in desperate need of interior linemen.

For the record, not one of the recent Bama rbs have had more rushing yards in a season than Spiller in 2012. Prety good for a situational back.

Your head is going to explode when Spiller becomes a major weapon on a good team next year. We had a brain dead offensive coaching staff.