Report: Chip planning to move up for Mariota

YoloinOhio

Wow.

Moving from #20 to #1 or #2?

The Eagles will be left with nothing after that trade goes through

CBF

Worked for New Orleans

With this in mind, would you be interested in offering them something for Foles? If we gave them our #2 pick this year or our #1 next year, they could use that as ammo for their attempt to get Mariotta.

Not saying that I would do this, just raising it as a discussion point.

I'd do a third

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is either Tampa or Tennessee likely to take Foles over a chance at Winston or Mariota? Would seem odd to me that. I think more likely Tennessee tries to get Cutler for their 2nd rounder and then tries to deal their 2nd overall pick to the highest bidder.

Foles and a King's Ransom over a rookie QB with big question marks about his system? I would take Foles and the many picks.

With this in mind, would you be interested in offering them something for Foles? If we gave them our #2 pick this year or our #1 next year, they could use that as ammo for their attempt to get Mariotta.Not saying that I would do this, just raising it as a discussion point.

You mean 4th or 5th...

If I were Tampa I'd demand a number of first round draft picks and a key player or two. I'd tell Philly if they don't do it, we're taking Mariota in case they try to trade up with Tennessee or someone else. Draft picks are just too hit or miss to not include proven players.

If this were going to happen with the Titans I would see something like:

Foles

2015 1st round, 2nd round, 4th round

2016 1st round, 2nd round, 5th round

maybe even a 2017 pick as well. It is going to be more than the RG3 trade with the Rams a few years back

I'm living in the Philly area and fan reaction, other than one radio announcer, is "are you crazy? We have a secondary almost as bad as the Jets! We cut DeSean Jackson and never upgraded. Our O-line is aging! Foles had a 27:2 TD:INT ratio in 2013, and we were killing it before he broke his collarbone. Why would we give all that up for Mariota"

Just a local perspective.

I'm living in the Philly area and fan reaction, other than one radio announcer, is "are you crazy? We have a secondary almost as bad as the Jets! We cut DeSean Jackson and never upgraded. Our O-line is aging! Foles had a 27:2 TD:INT ratio in 2013, and we were killing it before he broke his collarbone. Why would we give all that up for Mariota"

Just a local perspective.

i think it's nuts too. I could see Kelly doing it though.

Agreed...4th is as high as I'd go. I'll say this: if they re-sign Sanchez this off-season, I'll fully expect Foles to be on the move.

What I haven't seen anyone explain is why they would re-sign Sanchez, who got $2.25M reportedly, when they have Foles already signed for $660k. Even if you don't think Foles is your guy, he's shown he can play in the NFL and you always need a capable backup, esp. with a rookie QB.

i think it's nuts too. I could see Kelly doing it though.

Quite possibly. The big story here is that Chip Kelly successfully did what Marrone tried to do, because he had a 20-12 record to show for it. He *could* bet the farm. If so, I just hope they keep Foles so we can make a run at him.

I think it's worth mentioning: Foles was a third round pick, and made it to the Pro Bowl last year. You *can* find average to above average QB talent in the 3rd round.

I'm assuming Tampa will take Jameis.

Considering the Titans Qb situation (or lack there of), I'd have believe they'd want Foles as part of the package.

Foles, pick #20, #53 & conditional '15 pick for #2?

Shoot, if that's all it takes teams will lineup to do it.

Tennessee has way too many other holes to fill to keep picking QBs. I'm betting they'll hitch their wagon to Mettenberger before taking another QB in the higher rounds. They need help all over the place

But you don't get the #2 overall pick with a franchise QB available very often. If they think Mariota is the real deal then they'd be crazy not to draft him.