Report: Chip planning to move up for Mariota

YoloinOhio

The report is BS. A single anonymous source. The source is probably the writer's favorite teddy bear.

If it's not true, everyone will forget about it. If it is true, they will plaster it everywhere about how connected they are...

Correct. Plus it's not really news that Chip Kelly is "plotting" to get Mariota. I'm sure any team without a QB daydreams about how they might be able to pull it off. The question is whether it's realistic. Sometimes I "plot" about banging a 21-yr-old restaurant hostess instead of my wife.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Correct. Plus it's not really news that Chip Kelly is "plotting" to get Mariota. I'm sure any team without a QB daydreams about how they might be able to pull it off. The question is whether it's realistic. Sometimes I "plot" about banging a 21-yr-old restaurant hostess instead of my wife.

They do for say Andrew Luck who was a no brainer... Thing is Mariota isn't a once in a generation QB.

Typical PFT drivel that said absolutely nothing at all definitive about Kelly's or the Eagles' draft plans. Personally, I think it's a smoke screen, if anything.

GO BILLS!!!

the first smokescreen of draft season! Let the smokescreens begin! Only 3 months to go...

If this were going to happen with the Titans I would see something like:

Foles

2015 1st round, 2nd round, 4th round

2016 1st round, 2nd round, 5th round

maybe even a 2017 pick as well. It is going to be more than the RG3 trade with the Rams a few years back

Maybe, Maybe not. If no one's as hot for Mariota as Snyder was for RG3 it could be done for considerably less.

I love it. This places Philly at a disadvantage for two years in the draft which is too high, and I'm not an Eagles fan. I live in Tampa and my second favorite team after the Bills. The Bucs need lots of picks as they are just not as talented as most of the NFL. Lastly, my Bills get a shot at the one QB I was hoping we could land, and playoffs here we come.

Last point, I love that Marrone not only couldn't get a HC job, but not even offered an OC job. Why would they with the play calling this past year. Talk about having to eat crow. He'll never get a shot again after he walked out on the Bills. Enjoy your $4 mil. Numbskull. You could have coached here with continuity, and even if they fired him next year, he would receive his $4mil. For 2016.

How would tampa justify the trade? Potential franchise qb in Mariotta....or bunch of draft picks later in the first round for years. They have a great corps of receivers...jackson, evans, sefarian jenkins so the qb could come in and have success.

How would tampa justify the trade? Potential franchise qb in Mariotta....or bunch of draft picks later in the first round for years. They have a great corps of receivers...jackson, evans, sefarian jenkins so the qb could come in and have success.

i don't think they would need to trade up to 1. I think Tampa would take Winston and they would need to trade up to 2 or 3. Maybe lower, it depends on what happens with Mariota over the next 3 months.