Report: Chip planning to move up for Mariota

YoloinOhio

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With this in mind, would you be interested in offering them something for Foles? If we gave them our #2 pick this year or our #1 next year, they could use that as ammo for their attempt to get Mariotta.

Not saying that I would do this, just raising it as a discussion point.

With this in mind, would you be interested in offering them something for Foles? If we gave them our #2 pick this year or our #1 next year, they could use that as ammo for their attempt to get Mariotta.

I'd offer maybe a 4th-5th for Foles. Kelly can either accept that or not.

4th rounder seems low for a 25 year old QB with the success he had. He would certainly be an upgrade over EJ, right? and would be better than any QB we could draft this year.

Maybe offer a 3 this year and a conditional pick next year that could be as high as a 2 if he meets certain criteria (playing time, wins, stats, playoffs, etc).

I think Foles would have to be sent to the team giving up on Mariota.

I think Foles would have to be sent to the team giving up on Mariota.

Is either Tampa or Tennessee likely to take Foles over a chance at Winston or Mariota? Would seem odd to me that. I think more likely Tennessee tries to get Cutler for their 2nd rounder and then tries to deal their 2nd overall pick to the highest bidder.

I'm assuming Tampa will take Jameis.

Considering the Titans Qb situation (or lack there of), I'd have believe they'd want Foles as part of the package.

Foles, pick #20, #53 & conditional '15 pick for #2?

Tennessee has way too many other holes to fill to keep picking QBs. I'm betting they'll hitch their wagon to Mettenberger before taking another QB in the higher rounds. They need help all over the place

4th rounder seems low for a 25 year old QB with the success he had. He would certainly be an upgrade over EJ, right? and would be better than any QB we could draft this year.

Maybe offer a 3 this year and a conditional pick next year that could be as high as a 2 if he meets certain criteria (playing time, wins, stats, playoffs, etc).

I think a 4th or 5th is right about where the market will be honestly. Nick Foles had one good year and then this past year started very mediocre before an injury. Sanchez then came in and played just about equal to Foles. Now if Chip moves up to take Mariota that is a huge red flag for anyone willing to trade for Foles and his price will drop a lot.

Tennessee has way too many other holes to fill to keep picking QBs. I'm betting they'll hitch their wagon to Mettenberger before taking another QB in the higher rounds. They need help all over the place

That's what I think. I could see them going into '15 with Foles & Mettenberger at QB while taking the cache of draft picks from Philly.