EJ Manuel hires Eugene Parker

Rubes

I used to hate Parker but he does exactly what his clients pay for. I hate some of his tactics but football players should get every penny they can. It's funny how fans take the side of billionaires vs. millionaires. The NFL is a shady business.

And if EJ becomes a franchise qb, it really won't matter who his agent is. He will get paid.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to hate Parker but he does exactly what his clients pay for. I hate some of his tactics but football players should get every penny they can. It's funny how fans take the side of billionaires vs. millionaires. The NFL is a shady business.

And if EJ becomes a franchise qb, it really won't matter who his agent is. He will get paid.

Take sides like Marrone vs. Pegula?

Take sides like Marrone vs. Pegula?

I'm not sure what's this mean. I hope you aren't comparing players, who have a very short career, vs. coaches who can coach forever.

Marrone is getting $4 million not to coach the Bills. What NFL player would get that if they got released?

I'm not sure what's this mean. I hope you aren't comparing players, who have a very short career, vs. coaches who can coach forever.

Marrone is getting $4 million not to coach the Bills. What NFL player would get that if they got released?

Players can play for 15 years sometimes. What's the average job length of an NFL HC?

Many players get guaranteed money.

I really dislike this argument. It has nothing to do with millionaire vs. billionaire. It has to do with on the person's favorite team or not on their team. Look at how fast fans turn on players when they leave or embrace them when they return. LeBron is a perfect example of this. He was loved in Cleveland, hated in Cleveland, and now loved again. It is because fans root for the uniform it has nothing personal from a player/agent perspective but very personal to many fans.

The other issue many have is how players go about their business. Between Peters holding out, showing up out of shape, and then admitting to not giving 100% and Byrd having foot problems that many fans find suspicious it is very easy to see why Parker is not liked here.

He does a great job, exactly what he is paid to do as you said. His tactics suck and it feels like he keeps getting the better of the Bills. It is easy to understand why he is disliked by Bills fans but it has nothing to do with siding with the owner.

Byrd, Peters all took the season off (almost) when they didn 't get their way....injuries, m a . This with the coaching of Parker. I would have let Peters sit the three seasons he was signed for.......and Byrd....what a bargain the Saints got....got rid of good pro's to pay for him...and he didn't delivery. Hurt...folks, thats part of the deal...big money better be durible. Same reason Poluzny was a good pass, he was always hurt. Jacksonville would gladly part with him I am told.

Back to EJ........these young QB's are to concerned with the business side...RG3 concerned about his brand...not about whether he can make it in pro football. Signs are he cannot and I am praying the Bills don't bring in that turkey. Manuel the same.....I hope EJ plays well enough to deserve big money, but we haven't seen any of that here yet.

I'm with you man. I really can't understand the selfish devotion these players have to their own best interests when they could be bettering your life by sacrificing the best opportunity they will ever have at financial security. It just plain doesn't make any sense.

he probably won't play out his rook contract with the Bills.No Problem there. How is his stock shares trending? I am guessing it at a low right now.

Not sure where his stock is trading but EJ did trade away 10% of his future earnings NFL salary and endorsements for 4.98 million 1 year into his career, when you consider the top 15 QBs based on just their NFL salary made between 14.660,000 and 22,000,000 you could legitimately make the case that EJ has wagered against himself being a successful QB in the NFL, he is 24 now if he turned into a top ten QB ten years from now QBs could easily be making in the 30 and 40 million dollar a year range with endorsements possibly 50 million a year, if you were confident you were going to be a great QB you would be stupid to trade away 10% of your earnings for 4.98 million dollars, he bet against himself

I really dislike this argument. It has nothing to do with millionaire vs. billionaire. It has to do with on the person's favorite team or not on their team. Look at how fast fans turn on players when they leave or embrace them when they return. LeBron is a perfect example of this. He was loved in Cleveland, hated in Cleveland, and now loved again. It is because fans root for the uniform it has nothing personal from a player/agent perspective but very personal to many fans.

The other issue many have is how players go about their business. Between Peters holding out, showing up out of shape, and then admitting to not giving 100% and Byrd having foot problems that many fans find suspicious it is very easy to see why Parker is not liked here.

He does a great job, exactly what he is paid to do as you said. His tactics suck and it feels like he keeps getting the better of the Bills. It is easy to understand why he is disliked by Bills fans but it has nothing to do with siding with the owner.

I generally agree with a lot of this. I hated the way Peters handled his business.

But again, the second a player gets seriously hurt or is not valuable to the team, they're cut with no more guaranteed money.

As great as what we did for Talley, there's a lot more players in far worse shape who didn't make nearly the money he did. But they weren't as popular. Players should get every cent while they can. And if you were in their shoes, you would be dumb not to do the same.

Very true. I love the bills because they represent Buffalo, but I hate the NFL as a business. They nickle and dime you to death.

I am a season ticket holder who has to drive 5-6 hours to the games. I won't make that ride for preseason and I have no way to watch the games I pay for. Adding insult to injury the tickets are worthless so you can't sell them..

I'd like to watch them online but NFL.com wants to charge me... Wtf if I'm a ticket holder give me that for free!

I hate this - EJ was a Bills' fan and wants to work hard as far as I can tell to be a good quarterback - but right now if I was in front office I'd consider him a product with short shelf life and treat him like some RBs are - just replace when contract is over and use up now even if it affects long term value.

When you hire Eugene Parker pre-draft, you are saying to the world "I'm all about the money."

When you change to Eugene Parker after you are in the league, you are saying "I want out of here."

If that's how it is, then Buh-bye EJ.

Players love Parker. He has presented players at the HOF I believe.

He is a good agent and maybe EJ hired him for his connections in the league. Work with some other QBs this offseason

And maybe my Lotto numbers will finally hit tonight.

I've always found that to be a bizarre way of looking at it.

Maybe Eugene Parker took EJ on so that Brandon can feel like he'll win a negotiation against his nemesis.

That is, if Brandon had anything to do with football operations anymore.

:lol:

When did Brandon ever negotiate contracts? How can the agent be his nemesis when he hasn't directly dealt with him?