EJ Manuel hires Eugene Parker

Rubes

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure what's this mean. I hope you aren't comparing players, who have a very short career, vs. coaches who can coach forever.

Marrone is getting $4 million not to coach the Bills. What NFL player would get that if they got released?

C. b., I generally agree with you, but I would not be surprised if EJ is looking for the exit ramp. Buffalo has not been a good experience for him. Between the benching, the injuries, and the chaotic coaching situation, it's not conducive to his success. Whether he's capable of success or not is a separate issue, and anyway HE presumably believes he's a potentially very good QB -- which only makes sense given that you need confidence to play NFL. He therefore has to be looking for a situation that gives him an opportunity to succeed. If I'm him and I'm listening to Rex's press conference, I'm not sensing much of an endorsement. Edited by dave mcbride

thank god Byrd hired Eugene or we would have ended up signing him for a realistic contract and been stuck with the cap killing, injury prone, overrated, me-first king of the world.

The saints got suckered and now they're screwed. Just Graham, Brees and Byrd's contracts alone are too much for them to carry and still be good elsewhere.

The upside to Parker, he can sometimes help you without trying.

C. b., I generally agree with you, but I would not be surprised if EJ is looking for the exit ramp. Buffalo has not been a good experience for him. Between the benching, the injuries, and the chaotic coaching situation, it's not conducive to his success. Whether he's capable of success or not is a separate issue, and anyway HE presumably believe he's a potentially very good QB -- which only makes sense given that you need confidence to play NFL. He therefore has to be looking for a situation that gives him an opportunity to succeed. If I'm him and I'm listening to Rex's press conference, I'm not sensing much of an endorsement.

No one but EJ has more control of his own destiny. The HC and especially the front office want him to seize the opportunity afforded to him. Even with the addition of another qb brought into the mix he is the one who is in position to take the reigns as a starting qb.

EJ is entering into his third year. He, like most young qbs, has struggled. If he outperforms the other qbs on the roster he will play. If he is erratic he will fall by the wayside.

The issue of having a hardnosed agent represent him should not be an issue to be concerned with. If he plays like he is a backup talent, he will be paid like a backup qb. If he demonstrates that he is a legitimate starting qb he will be paid like a starting qb.

The money that Parker got for Peters and Byrd were not due to the agent's ability to hoodwink anyone. He got the players money that was commensurate with their rankings as players. As it stands EJ's financial value as a qb is minimal because he hasn't to this point demonstrated that he has much future worth.

If EJ is looking for an exit ramp (as you put it) it will be because the organization doesn't value him as a player. So far with the opportunities he has had EJ hasn't shown very much. The real issue isn't whether he wants to be a Bill so much as does the organization believe he should be a Bill.

Is EJ Manuel going to eventual become a vagabound backup qb such as Jason Cambell or is he going to establish himself as a legitimate franchise qb? He is the one who is going to make that determination by his play. This organization would be wise to have a backup play just in case.

C. b., I generally agree with you, but I would not be surprised if EJ is looking for the exit ramp. Buffalo has not been a good experience for him. Between the benching, the injuries, and the chaotic coaching situation, it's not conducive to his success. Whether he's capable of success or not is a separate issue, and anyway HE presumably believes he's a potentially very good QB -- which only makes sense given that you need confidence to play NFL. He therefore has to be looking for a situation that gives him an opportunity to succeed. If I'm him and I'm listening to Rex's press conference, I'm not sensing much of an endorsement.

I don't disagree with any of this. But I just think for Wbs, your agent doesn't really matter. If EJ plays and could take us to the playoffs, he will get paid. If he doesn't play or plays poorly, he will be gone.

And I don't put too much stock in the press conference. They are looking at everything. I don't think there are any better options than EJ. I just hope Rex doesn't let his love for Sanchez cloud his judgment. I could be in the mjnirtiy but I think EJ is a Better qb than sanchez.

I used to hate Parker but he does exactly what his clients pay for. I hate some of his tactics but football players should get every penny they can. It's funny how fans take the side of billionaires vs. millionaires. The NFL is a shady business.

And if EJ becomes a franchise qb, it really won't matter who his agent is. He will get paid.

fans take the side of the team, because they are fans of the team. but play the money card if you want. most players don't give a sh*t about the fans, they use them to get rich. It's a business all around, and if a player does something that displays disloyalty to the team, then the fans have every right to be upset with them, esp. when the player is awful like EJ.

I don't disagree with any of this. But I just think for Wbs, your agent doesn't really matter. If EJ plays and could take us to the playoffs, he will get paid. If he doesn't play or plays poorly, he will be gone.

And I don't put too much stock in the press conference. They are looking at everything. I don't think there are any better options than EJ. I just hope Rex doesn't let his love for Sanchez cloud his judgment. I could be in the mjnirtiy but I think EJ is a Better qb than sanchez.

Sanchez and Rex=2 AFC Championship Games. EJ= NOTHING.

fans take the side of the team, because they are fans of the team. but play the money card if you want. most players don't give a sh*t about the fans, they use them to get rich. It's a business all around, and if a player does something that displays disloyalty to the team, then the fans have every right to be upset with them, esp. when the player is awful like EJ.

Sanchez and Rex=2 AFC Championship Games. EJ= NOTHING.

Yeah, Sanchez' 29 tds, 33 ints, 53%, & 19 fumbles were the reason the Jets went to those games.

Guess who has the higher qb rating between EJ & Sanchez?

I am not sure why people are concerned about this. Manuel is two years into a five year contract, with the final year being a team option. It is my recollection that under the terms of the new CBA and rookie wage scale, they are barred from renegotiating that contract until the final year, even if they wanted to which I am sure they don't at this point.

Some have suggested that Parker may try to pull a Peters type deal, holding him out to leverage a trade. Exactly what leverage would you suggest EJ has right now? The idea is silly at this point. Way too much being read into this in my opinion. If he starts and has a great year this year, maybe there is a realistic conversation but I am afraid for EJ haters, he is a Bill for at least the next two years.

I used to hate Parker but he does exactly what his clients pay for.

And if EJ becomes a franchise qb, it really won't matter who his agent is. He will get paid.

EJ a franchise QB? At this point the only way EJ is going to be a franchise QB is if he buys a Mickey D's . Did Parker promise

franchise QB money or the money so the QB could buy a franchise?

No one but EJ has more control of his own destiny. The HC and especially the front office want him to seize the opportunity afforded to him. Even with the addition of another qb brought into the mix he is the one who is in position to take the reigns as a starting qb.

EJ is entering into his third year. He, like most young qbs, has struggled. If he outperforms the other qbs on the roster he will play. If he is erratic he will fall by the wayside.

The issue of having a hardnosed agent represent him should not be an issue to be concerned with. If he plays like he is a backup talent, he will be paid like a backup qb. If he demonstrates that he is a legitimate starting qb he will be paid like a starting qb.

The money that Parker got for Peters and Byrd were not due to the agent's ability to hoodwink anyone. He got the players money that was commensurate with their rankings as players. As it stands EJ's financial value as a qb is minimal because he hasn't to this point demonstrated that he has much future worth.

If EJ is looking for an exit ramp (as you put it) it will be because the organization doesn't value him as a player. So far with the opportunities he has had EJ hasn't shown very much. The real issue isn't whether he wants to be a Bill so much as does the organization believe he should be a Bill.

Is EJ Manuel going to eventual become a vagabound backup qb such as Jason Cambell or is he going to establish himself as a legitimate franchise qb? He is the one who is going to make that determination by his play. This organization would be wise to have a backup play just in case.

excellent post.

I dont miss Byrd one bit . But I have no hate for Parker.

Ej just needs to focus on football.

Bills need to get some competition for him AND develop him. as mentioned two years from now we can start the teeth gnashing : )

If this is true ej is a certified class ass. he cant even play qb and hires a shark to represents him. I say cut this POS today.

I find it to be HILARIOUS how it was a smart business move by Marrone to take his 4mil and run, but EJ is a POS and should be cut for making a business move of his own? Some of you guys on this board just can't seem to hide it.

I find it to be HILARIOUS how it was a smart business move by Marrone to take his 4mil and run, but EJ is a POS and should be cut for making a business move of his own? Some of you guys on this board just can't seem to hide it.

Did the poster you're referring to make both of those statements? Seems pretty weird to point out a contradiction if the contradiction hasn't been made.

Did the poster you're referring to make both of those statements? Seems pretty weird to point out a contradiction if the contradiction hasn't been made.

No, this poster didn't. I'm referring to many on this board that felt the Marrone move was a smart business move, but EJ hiring someone to look out for his best interest isn't. My problem with this poster is that he referred to EJ as a POS. Why??

No, this poster didn't. I'm referring to many on this board that felt the Marrone move was a smart business move, but EJ hiring someone to look out for his best interest isn't. My problem with this poster is that he referred to EJ as a POS. Why??

Again, you're pointing out a contradiction I haven't seen. Are the same posters who think Marrone did the smart thing, the same ones who are bashing EJ for this? If not, why point out a contradiction that doesn't exist? Better yet, why take 2 different opinions and paint a large group of posters with them?

This guy has his own, probably foolish, reasons to call EJ a POS. That doesn't mean he's contradicted himself.