Hackett interviewing with Jags

YoloinOhio

It was funny enough when Kelly joked about it in the other thread, but it would be unbelievably hilarious if Hackett gets this job and Marrone does not.

+1

When you think about it, more than betraying the fans and players, Dougie really left his ACs hanging out to dry when he took the money. It would be poetic justice if Hackett were to get this job and even more so if the Jags got good on offense as a result.

Edited by Bills Fan since '64

+1

When you think about it, more than betraying the fans and players, Dougie really left his ACs hanging out to dry when he took the money. It would be poetic justice if Hackett were to get this job and even more so if the Jags got good on offense.

Great point... he voluntarily put his AC's in a bad position.. that was the most selfish part about his opt out. If you were a solid established assistant coach/ coordinator.. would you want to be on Marrone's staff now after seeing how he screwed his previous staff? If I'm an NFL owner interviewing him for a HC position.. I would certainly ask him how he intends to overcome that stigma and I as an owner would be very concerned about him being able to assemble the highest quality staff.

Say what you will about Wade Phillips not wanting to fire his special teams coach back in the day.. it probably caused his firing.. but at least he had the perception of being loyal to his staff.. and he ended up getting another HC gig in Dallas a few years later

Edited by Bocephuz

I cannot see Marrone getting the jags OC job.

If I'm the jags I remember watching a rookie EJ play my team and shredding it for a 105 passer rating.

Then I remember douggie quitting the on the job training of this same kid. Then I think more about the situation around abondoning EJ. San Diego and Houston flat out abused the o line by stunting and constantly collapsing the pocket along with no ability to establish a run. Then I consider EJ being benched in the wake of this o line disaster (which was supposed to be Marrones greatest focus expertise.)

Then I think about my own qb situation and the franchise depending on developing of a second year qb. I think about all the jabs about playing robotic, not running.... Etc.

Then I rber Marrone may have never called a game in his life.

In the end Marrone is a horrendous fit for most teams, but particularly one with a very young qb and o line in need of a rebuild.

I feel bad for the tens of Jags' fans.

Hahaha.

But yeah, I hope Hackett gets the gig and I hope he does well. I like Gus Bradley from the few examples I have and would like to see him give the Jags some life. They are both really high energy guys.

Looks like it could really be a funny scenario if Hackett gets the OC job over Marrone. Although I have no idea why they are even interviewing him for the job.

I'm just happy both are gone from the Buffalo Bills.

In other news Kubiak is getting his interview with Denver Sunday, and is a shoe in to land the job. So Marrone cancelled his interview with Denver.

+1

When you think about it, more than betraying the fans and players, Dougie really left his ACs hanging out to dry when he took the money. It would be poetic justice if Hackett were to get this job and even more so if the Jags got good on offense as a result.

...wondering if the ACs got a text message he was bailing out?