Kool Aid

billsfan_34

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Still not liking the hire. This does nothing to help the Bills. Their D is already great, they needed an offensive minded coach who can develop QBs. Kaepernick regressed under Roman the past couple seasons. I just don't see EJ taking the next step with this coaching staff.... David Lee? Are you serious? Isn't he the guy that messed with Fitz's throwing mechanics a few years ago? That turned out well :rolleyes:

Still not liking the hire. This does nothing to help the Bills. Their D is already great, they needed an offensive minded coach who can develop QBs. Kaepernick regressed under Roman the past couple seasons. I just don't see EJ taking the next step with this coaching staff.... David Lee? Are you serious? Isn't he the guy that messed with Fitz's throwing mechanics a few years ago? That turned out well :rolleyes:

So you don't think it is possible to have a defensive minded head coach and still have an offensive coordinator who can run a good offesne and develop a QB along with his assistiants. Was the early 90's Bills due to Marv Levy? He was a certainly no offensive mastermind and came from a special teams coaching position. Ted Marchibroda, the offensive coordinator had a lot more to do with that offense I would say.

How are people still pushing the narrative that hiring a defensive minded head coach means you will not be able to improve your offense and devlop QB's? I don't mean to insult anyone but trying to push this off as a legitimate criticism of the Rex Ryan hire shows a complete lack of understand of the game.

Also enough with the Roman garbage. The guy took a QB who is far from a pocket passer and got him to the NFC championship game 3 times in a row and within one better throw of winning a Super Bowl. Just stop already.

Edited by Proteus

Who is drinking the Rex Ryan Kool Aid? After the presser I must admit I am. Hopefully im not eating crow in a few years. Go Bills.

Did you read the transcript of the presser? Rex played Hockey ,and lived in Toronto for eight years.

No wonder that Pegs likes him.

http://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2015/01/transcript_of_rex_ryans_first_press_conference_as_coach_of_the_buffalo_bills.html

So you don't think it is possible to have a defensive minded head coach and still have an offensive coordinator who can run a good offesne and develop a QB along with his assistiants. Was the early 90's Bills due to Marv Levy? He was a certainly no offensive mastermind and came from a special teams coaching position. Ted Marchibroda, the offensive coordinator had a lot more to do with that offense I would say.

How are people still pushing the narrative that hiring a defensive minded head coach means you will not be able to improve your offense and devlop QB's? I don't mean to insult anyone but trying to push this off as a legitimate criticism of the Rex Ryan hire shows a complete lack of understand of the game.

Also enough with the Roman garbage. The guy took a QB who is far from a pocket passer and got him to the NFC championship game 3 times in a row and within one better throw of winning a Super Bowl. Just stop already.

I think it's possible.... but looking at how well the QB's have fared under Rex Ryan's staff doesn't exactly fill me with confidence. Maybe under Roman they'll ground and pound enough that they won't need to rely on quality QB play..... which sounds nice if we we're discussing this in the late 90's early 00's.

Today it's a passing league. "ground and pound" with a stout D doesn't get you the playoffs in this day and age.

I think it's possible.... but looking at how well the QB's have fared under Rex Ryan's staff doesn't exactly fill me with confidence. Maybe under Roman they'll ground and pound enough that they won't need to rely on quality QB play..... which sounds nice if we we're discussing this in the late 90's early 00's.

Today it's a passing league. "ground and pound" with a stout D doesn't get you the playoffs in this day and age.

Let's not blame Rex for not molding a masterpiece out of a pile of ****. When QB's enter the NFL and their are mostly developed. You can coach them up a bit in the NFL but there is only so much you can do. Rex carried Mark Sanchez to and AFC Championship 2 years in a row. I don't think any coach out there was going to turn Sanchez or Smith for that matter into good-great QB. All this proves to me is Rex can win without a great QB. Also Rex has had pure **** at the skill positions as Head Coach of the Jets. His GM's didn't do him any favors.

As far as the NFL being a passing league, it absolutely is. Although, the Seahawks have proven you can still win a Super Bowl with a ground and pound run first style and a great defense. The Niners have had a lot of success with that model as well.

I dont like the Thurman hire, would have preffered him giving the defense to Schwartzs so he could focus on actually being a HC instead of being a glorified DC with a HC title. So defo waiting to see what comes. That said he gained some points with that presser, I can see why is being called a great motivator.

That is overrated, a HC needs to be a leader and surround himself with coaches that can do their job. Roman will fix this offense and Whaley better get us the players we need or we are going nowhere.

Brian Billick was a great OC in Minnesota and went to Baltimore and they were still a defensive team with a lousy offense.

The most important man now is Doug Whaley.

I dont like the Thurman hire, would have preffered him giving the defense to Schwartzs so he could focus on actually being a HC instead of being a glorified DC with a HC title. So defo waiting to see what comes. That said he gained some points with that presser, I can see why is being called a great motivator.

What about Reid, McCarthy and a few others. Aren't they glorified OC with HC title? What's the difference? These guys can only do one thing?