Kool Aid

billsfan_34

I love koolAid it's that after taste that gets ya

That's why I prefer purple drank!!!! Gulp, gulp.

I think Roman will ultimately define Rex’s tenure with the Bills. I’m confident that the defense is going to be good regardless; barring a rash of injuries. If Roman succeeds, we’re a playoff team. If he doesn’t, we’re not. I’m just hoping that he can help EJ or QB TBD take that next step.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think all of us Bills fans have earned the right to be skeptical until we start seeing wins and production. It's all talk unless we make the playoffs and start becoming a contending team as far as I'm concerned.

Of course. Particularly when said coach didn't exactly set the world on fire in his last job which got him canned.

But at the same time, fans have also earned the right to get excited at any new hire, particularly one that is as personable and likable as Rex. To each his/her own.

I think all of us Bills fans have earned the right to be skeptical until we start seeing wins and production. It's all talk unless we make the playoffs and start becoming a contending team as far as I'm concerned.

But everybody knows that already. Just like everybody knows Geico commercials are annoying. So given that it means nothing because the only thing that matters is on the field production and wins, do you want to be fired up and optimistic, or do you want to be bored to tears and ambivalent. That's why winning the press conference has some meaning, just not on the field. But everyone knows it has no meaning on the field.

Still not liking the hire. This does nothing to help the Bills. Their D is already great, they needed an offensive minded coach who can develop QBs. Kaepernick regressed under Roman the past couple seasons. I just don't see EJ taking the next step with this coaching staff.... David Lee? Are you serious? Isn't he the guy that messed with Fitz's throwing mechanics a few years ago? That turned out well :rolleyes:

This.

I have a friend who played for the Jets under Rex, it's not media hyperbole to say his players love him. It'll be a 180 in that department from Doug.

I was sold on Rex 2 weeks ago, nothing he said yesterday sold me more, but it also did not ease any concerns on the offensive side. I don't buy bringing in Gase, Pep Hamilton, McDaniels or Kubiak is going to suddenly turn us into a 35+ ppg powerhouse and none of those guys is going to take a bum QB and polish him into a diamond. Most of the league has coaches with defensive backgrounds, McCarthy is the only guy with an offensive background still coaching this weekend and all of the hires so far have been defensive guys. More to the point, "geniuses" like Billick and Martz really struggled offensively when they didn't have Randy Moss, Cris Carter, Marshall Faulk and Torry Holt around anymore. I believe a brilliant defensive mind can scheme around inferior players, but when it comes to offense it's all about the "Joes" not the "Xs & Os".

On top of it, our last 2 coaches were offensive guys, under Chan our defense was terrible and under Doug our offense took huge steps backwards. This isn't college, you aren't going to turn an average QB into a pro bowler just because the WRs run creative routes or you snap the ball fast between plays.

Of course. Particularly when said coach didn't exactly set the world on fire in his last job which got him canned.

But at the same time, fans have also earned the right to get excited at any new hire, particularly one that is as personable and likable as Rex. To each his/her own.

Agreed, a new beginning for the team. And who knows, maybe it will be like Belichick, a defensive mind who failed at his first HC job only to have a perennial winner in his next one.