This is too funny.... Marrone trys for Jax OC

plenzmd1

I have a feeling Marrone is better off just staying in the college ranks. MAybe he can rebuild his career there as an HC, and try the NFL again in a few years.

Worked for Pete Carroll.

Of course, Carroll wasn't a complete douche who alienated everyone he came into contact with (and by all appearances several people he didn't.) At the rate he's going, he's going to be asking people if the want to supersize their order pretty soon...

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that there really is something to be said for the fact that (among other things) teams would be hesitant to hire Marrone because of what he did to his Bills staff and he might have a hard time putting together a good staff (other than filled with guys that just want to get into the league).

Pepper Johnson just got dissed by the Giants. he would be glad to take the DC regardless of Marroneys dickednesess

Worked for Pete Carroll.

Of course, Carroll wasn't a complete douche who alienated everyone he came into contact with (and by all appearances several people he didn't.) At the rate he's going, he's going to be asking people if the want to supersize their order pretty soon...

Something tells me that Saint Doug is not getting a job with USC or any other big time program.

He probably belongs back in college, but it presumably will be a second tier school or lower.

I think this was the first smart thing he has done in a while. He knows Kubiak the favorite, why interview again to just "lose' the job.

Like a house thats sits on the market...people who like it start to say"i like it, but i must be missing something if it has sat this long"

He is best to shut it down this year, take the "sabbatical", and wait for openings next year

I understand the vitriol directed at Marrone by this board, and it IS mildly amusing that either he, or his agent, shanked this decision. But trust me, he's the one laughing. He's sitting on the VAST majority of last year's $4 million (let's say he still has $3 million in the bank), plus next year's $4 million, or $7 million in the Bank of Doug.

Think about it. If he's able to simply pull 6% out of the market, he's going to be collecting $420,000 annually for the rest of his life without ever touching the principal. When he dies, his kids become millionaires. He's changed the destiny of his bloodline for generations; very likely forever.

Not a bad gig for a mediocre journeyman low draft-pick offensive lineman.

You obviously don't know what the tax rate is for someone hauling in $4 large in cash. The Feds and the state will take a huge chunk of it.

FEDS: Married filing jointly: For someone with income over $457,600: $127,962.50 PLUS 39.6% of the excess over $457,600 - with in the Maroon's case is $3,542,400 * 39.6% = $1,402,790.40 Plus the $127k above for a tax liability of over $1.5 MILLION. And that's just the FEDS.

He'll owe NY State $141,753 PLUS 8.82% of the amount over $2,092,800 which is over $300k in total tax for NY State.

His total tax liability is on the order of $2.1 MILLION dollars, because you see - Doogie is a 1 Percenter.

You obviously don't know what the tax rate is for someone hauling in $4 large in cash. The Feds and the state will take a huge chunk of it.

FEDS: Married filing jointly: For someone with income over $457,600: $127,962.50 PLUS 39.6% of the excess over $457,600 - with in the Maroon's case is $3,542,400 * 39.6% = $1,402,790.40 Plus the $127k above for a tax liability of over $1.5 MILLION. And that's just the FEDS.

He'll owe NY State $141,753 PLUS 8.82% of the amount over $2,092,800 which is over $300k in total tax for NY State.

His total tax liability is on the order of $2.1 MILLION dollars, because you see - Doogie is a 1 Percenter.

Soooo... 300k annually without touching the principle?

He's not paying his fair share.

I'm pulling for Hackett to get Jax job. It's the assistant coaches who were really shafted by DM. Who knows, maybe he is a decent OC.

Plus, you're never going to get a job if you don't interview for one. Dark horses or underdogs get hired all the time in the NFL. Crazy things happen. Him pulling out just shows how much of a loser he is.

Edited by Saint Doug

I guess he can scratch off UB for a future coaching job! Maybe he needs to hire Eugene Parker as his agent to vilionize (sp) him more in WNY, SO.

I'd correct your spelling for you, if I had any !@#$ing idea what word that was supposed to be.

He cancelled his interview because he was offered the OC job in Jax. Chances are good he will accept that position.

Marrone got played hard and everyone got what they wanted except the assistants, they got screwed.

Imo

He cancelled his interview because he was offered the OC job in Jax. Chances are good he will accept that position.

Marrone got played hard and everyone got what they wanted except the assistants, they got screwed.

Imo

Thanks Leroi! You da man!

Edited by dancing_joker

Imo

Do we play Jax next year??

Leroi - you seem to be in the know...why has the numbskull not come out and given a statement about being in Buffalo and "thanks for the opportunity"...or is his skull so thick that he doesn't realize that's the proper thing to do etiquette wise??

Imo

Thanks, Leroi... You're awesome.

A little curious about what specifically you mean by "got played hard."