This is too funny.... Marrone trys for Jax OC

plenzmd1

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All true, except the part that Marrone is laughing. A guy with that sort of ego isn't happy knowing he won't sniff another HC gig and is viewed with such disdain. He can always give Adam Schein a call to boost his self-esteem, though.

I agree. He has some money, but little else.

Wow. I wonder if Hackett will tell them how Saint Doug held him back etc.

I understand the vitriol directed at Marrone by this board, and it IS mildly amusing that either he, or his agent, shanked this decision. But trust me, he's the one laughing. He's sitting on the VAST majority of last year's $4 million (let's say he still has $3 million in the bank), plus next year's $4 million, or $7 million in the Bank of Doug.

Think about it. If he's able to simply pull 6% out of the market, he's going to be collecting $420,000 annually for the rest of his life without ever touching the principal. When he dies, his kids become millionaires. He's changed the destiny of his bloodline for generations; very likely forever.

Not a bad gig for a mediocre journeyman low draft-pick offensive lineman.

Other way to look at it is this...

His tax bracket at close to 50%..(have to admit not sure if paid on w-2 or 1099..but assuming w-2)

So he down to $4 M total.

Let's say he does not get another job. $4M is good money, but not exactly wealthy by any stretch...and 6% with little risk is asking a ton right now.

Now lets say he stays and gets in playoffs(i don't think this would have happened, but he would)...$4m next year, prolly$ 20M extension for 4 years after that season.

Thats going from $4M in the bank, to $14M.. $10M blunder going to hurt that guy. Plus he wants to coach.

Edited by plenzmd1

I understand the vitriol directed at Marrone by this board, and it IS mildly amusing that either he, or his agent, shanked this decision. But trust me, he's the one laughing. He's sitting on the VAST majority of last year's $4 million (let's say he still has $3 million in the bank), plus next year's $4 million, or $7 million in the Bank of Doug.

Think about it. If he's able to simply pull 6% out of the market, he's going to be collecting $420,000 annually for the rest of his life without ever touching the principal. When he dies, his kids become millionaires. He's changed the destiny of his bloodline for generations; very likely forever.

If he would not have done what he did he would have 8m not 4m from the Bills.

The other question i have for you is what makes you think Marrone can make good financial decisions?

It is looking more and more like he made a huge blunder by leaving the Bills. He made numerous poor decisions while a HC.

Just saying i doubt Marrone has 'changed the destiny of his bloodlines for generations'. Marrone strikes me as the kind of guy to tell you how to do your job. He will be telling his Charles Scwabb planner to put it all on icebergs being converted to drinking water in the middle east.

Math like that reminds me of this scene from The Simpsons:

Nelson: Hey, look how much Skinner makes--$25,000 a year! (the kids are impressed)

Bart: (typing into a calculator) Let's see, he's 40 years old, times $25 grand...whoa, he's a millionaire!

Children: Wow!

Principal Skinner: I wasn't a principal when I was one!

Nelson: Plus, in the summer he paints houses.

Milhouse: He's a billionaire!

Children: Wow!

Principal Skinner: If I were a billionaire, why would I be living with my mother? (the kids laugh) They don't seem to listen to logic anymore.

Edited by jimmy10

I am stunned that he hasn't found anything yet, but on the bright side, at least it looks like he will be free this fall for when his name is put up on the Wall at the Ralph.

Maybe Rex will hire him. After all, Marrone is a bully. :wacko: :wacko:

BTW, can we officially change his moniker from 'Saint Doug' to 'Taint Doug'? It works twofold...he is now tainted and, well, he is definitely a big "taint".

Maybe Rex will hire him. After all, Marrone is a bully. :wacko: :wacko:

BTW, can we officially change his moniker from 'Saint Doug' to 'Taint Doug'? It works twofold...he is now tainted and, well, he is definitely a big "taint".

I saw one article refer to him as "Ain't Doug."

I wonder if the Bills assistant coaches under Doug that weren't hired by Rex sent him a group text saying "Thanks a lot, fukkface."

I'm really hoping the silence from Moron's assistants will be broken at some point, and we'll learn exactly what he did or didn't tell them.

Other way to look at it is this...

His tax bracket at close to 50%..(have to admit not sure if paid on w-2 or 1099..but assuming w-2)

So he down to $4 M total.

Let's say he does not get another job. $4M is good money, but not exactly wealthy by any stretch...and 6% with little risk is asking a ton right now.

Now lets say he stays and gets in playoffs(i don't think this would have happened, but he would)...$4m next year, prolly$ 20M extension for 4 years after that season.

Thats going from $4M in the bank, to $14M.. $10M blunder going to hurt that guy. Plus he wants to coach.

On top of taxes, and I agree about his tax bracket, he also have agent fees. Not sure how much that is, but I'm sure it ain't cheap. Also, the previous poster assuming a 6% return is great but the market is not exactly a sure thing these days.

He is not going to be a pauper, but he is not necessarily set for life yet either.

I'm really hoping the silence from Moron's assistants will be broken at some point, and we'll learn exactly what he did or didn't tell them.

E, they are most likely smarter than Dougie...and will say nothing and say positive things about him to other HC's looking to hire them. They have to see what is happening to him both professionally and in the court of public opinion, my gut says they leave it at that.