This is too funny.... Marrone trys for Jax OC

plenzmd1

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to mention he screwed his whole staff. Now most of them are all scrabling for new jobs. I only heard a few here or there that Rex was keeping. Way to go Doug.

I think this is what is going to really bite him in the a$$, Even if he has the inside edge to be hired as a HC, what top coordinators would line up with him if given a choice? He truly screwed over his staff. Some of these will probably never be in NFL again. Just the nature of the business.

These stories make me really wonder what happened between Marrone and the Front Office...

Does he really have that big of an ego to think he could walk out, and have another head coaching job lined up?

He truly made a terribly misinformed decision. Whether it was him and/or his agent - who knows? Talk about shooting yourself in the foot!

Edited by juno999

It's kind of morbid, but this is one of the most enjoyable threads I have seen in a long time, relishing the failure of the guy that took a sh&% on the football team we all love. Well, the crapper backed up and blew it back in Doug's face.

This whole episode makes me wonder what made Bill Polian such a Doug Marrone fan. The "former NFL GM" in the linked article sounds like it just has to be Polian.

Could this be a bit of a black eye when Polian's name comes up for Hall of Fame voting?

Marrone quit as the head coach of the Buffalo Bills because he expected to be offered a high-profile offensive coordinator position with the Jacksonville Jaguars. I don't think that's going to pan out for him, though. He's going to have to go to plan B and be the radio football announcer for Zeeland (N.D.) H.S. instead.

Wouldn't it look better to take the year off, especially since everyone knows he's collecting 4m?

When compared to the Jaguars OC position, which is undoubtedly a huge demotion, a year off looks better. It makes it seem like he needed time to collect his thoughts and then he can gain hype next season when the hate is not cranked to 10.

I hope Marrone and his family can stretch that 4 mil a loooooong way. No other big paychecks coming his way.

Ask yourself, what other team would want to hire a coach who left like that? OK, so he had a clause that LET him do it, but that didn't mean he NEEDED to do it. The clause was there in case the new ownership was difficult to work with, which clearly wasn't the case with the Pegulas.

Ask yourself, what GM would want to hire a coach who blasted the Bills' FO on the way out of town?

Ask yourself, what candidates for coordinator positions and other coaching assistants would want to pull up stakes and move somewhere to work for a guy who shafted his Bills coaches so badly?

I don't think it was the Pegula's that he was having difficulty working with. My personal belief is that he could not get along with D W and since he had the clause that gave him the 4 Million, he figured he would get out now because they hated each other so much.

Don't get me wrong, I think the guy is a D-bag the way he left, but if you can't stand the guy your working with/for then you can't blame the guy for leaving. Just blame the guy for how he left.

BigPappy

No, he's too arrogant for that. He didn't know he was being smart because he's stupid. ;)

:thumbsup:

He quit on the team and the franchise. That's nearly inexcusable.

But what damned him further was the turd he left in the punch bowl on his way out of the company's year-end holiday party.

He should have just left it in his diaper.

Just finished hearing Brandon on the radio talking about his life long friendship with Doug Marrone. Makes me sick thinking he was trying to sell that piece of work to the fans two years ago.Ryan was hired after long search Marrone was hired because of Brandon's connection with Syracuse, his next job will be parking cars at the Ralph.

Guess we saw how much of a "friend" Doug is to people

My flag football team would take him for O coordinator.

You'd have to ask yourself: Why?

It's possible that he was more stupid than vindictive. It's possible that he thought he was helping a buddy out, Polian, by telling him that there were guys in the Bills front office that were badmouthing him. And watch his back if he takes the job. Who knows how that word got out. I wouldn't doubt it was from Polian who said it off the record to Tim Graham.

And maybe he just wasn't thinking when he sent the mass text out. It was surely a slap in the face, but it doesn't mean it was a F-U. He probably just thought to himself, the word is already out that I am gone, the players are all gone, how do I get them all? It was stupid and impersonal more than screw you.

Believe me, I'm no fan of Marrone. I've been lambasting him most of the year. But we don't know a lot of the details of these reports and what really happened.

The situation can be neatly distilled into "What goes around, comes around".

The NFL is a small fraternity of tycoons. The owners just unanimously voted in the Pegulas with warmth and praise, and then Marrone thinks he can sh!t all over their newest owners and be welcomed in with open arms to another owner's team? Marrone is a nobody. A mediocre coach who just took $4 million of good faith money and ran with a nasty attitude? He's as good as blackballed, and will be lucky to catch on as a coordinator.

I understand the vitriol directed at Marrone by this board, and it IS mildly amusing that either he, or his agent, shanked this decision. But trust me, he's the one laughing. He's sitting on the VAST majority of last year's $4 million (let's say he still has $3 million in the bank), plus next year's $4 million, or $7 million in the Bank of Doug.

Think about it. If he's able to simply pull 6% out of the market, he's going to be collecting $420,000 annually for the rest of his life without ever touching the principal. When he dies, his kids become millionaires. He's changed the destiny of his bloodline for generations; very likely forever.

Not a bad gig for a mediocre journeyman low draft-pick offensive lineman.

I understand the vitriol directed at Marrone by this board, and it IS mildly amusing that either he, or his agent, shanked this decision. But trust me, he's the one laughing. He's sitting on the VAST majority of last year's $4 million (let's say he still has $3 million in the bank), plus next year's $4 million, or $7 million in the Bank of Doug.

Think about it. If he's able to simply pull 6% out of the market, he's going to be collecting $420,000 annually for the rest of his life without ever touching the principal. When he dies, his kids become millionaires. He's changed the destiny of his bloodline for generations; very likely forever.

All true, except the part that Marrone is laughing. A guy with that sort of ego isn't happy knowing he won't sniff another HC gig and is viewed with such disdain. He can always give Adam Schein a call to boost his self-esteem, though.

He must be really smart to be able to pay no taxes on a salary of $4 million.