This is too funny.... Marrone trys for Jax OC

plenzmd1

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This may be my favorite thread ever!!!

I joked about OLine coach at Slippery Rock. Does Slippery Rock still have football? I didn't think he could sink all the way to the Jag's! Just kidding Jag fans, I feel your pain. Wait, do the Jag's still have fans?

Edited by Augie

This may be my favorite thread ever!!!

I joked about OLine coach at Slippery Rock. Does Slippery Rock still have football? I didn't think he could sink all the way to the Jag's! Just kidding Jag fans, I feel your pain. Wait, do the Jag's still have fans?

Hey...I started this damn thread and I am a Slippery Rock alum....and yes, they still have football !!! LOL

So its Marrone vs a cancer patient for Jaguars O-line coaching job. If he hadn't left Buffalo the way that he did I'd feel bad for him.

I just want to say how much I enjoy these schadenfreude posts about Marrone. Really, it never gets old. Captain Quint, you win the thread, but it's damn close. A lot of LOL posts here, and I mean it. I actually laughed out loud. At work. While I was "working." I am just small minded and petty enough that I'll consider consecutive 2-14 seasons for us to be successful as long as Marrone is the O line coach in Jacksonville, or the head coach at Hofstra, or something equally on the bottom rung of the Great Coaching Ladder of Success. Doug Marrone, thank you for bringing such joy to our lives. May you continue to plummet forever.

Hey...I started this damn thread and I am a Slippery Rock alum....and yes, they still have football !!! LOL

Well that's pretty damn funny!

So, do you have any openings? Doug might appreciate a good word, if you can manage it...

Now, do you know if the Jag's still have fans? Last time I went to a game there it was 75% Bills jerseys. (They will tell you it's because no one is left in Buffalo, and there may be a bit of truth to that.)

Just finished hearing Brandon on the radio talking about his life long friendship with Doug Marrone. Makes me sick thinking he was trying to sell that piece of work to the fans two years ago.Ryan was hired after long search Marrone was hired because of Brandon's connection with Syracuse, his next job will be parking cars at the Ralph.

Because Doug allegedly slammed the org on his way out and went out classlessly.

The subtle shots are hypocrisy for most of the guys. Maybe not Fred, because he's about as loyal as you can hope for, but the rest of them? Everyone wants loyalty on their own terms. You aren't very talented, but you gave your heart and blood for the team? "Cut him, he sucks!" It's fickle.

At the end of the day, it's your family vs. your team. I know everything gets romanticized these days but it is a business. No one took shots at Byrd when he bounced for the cash.

I don't recall Byrd trashing the Bills like Marrone did. Also, where talking about a coach vs a player. It might be expected to an extent from a player, but a coach is a different kettle of fish. The coach is ultimately the person who is supposed to lead and in many instances, be the face of the franchise. He's the person that many in the organization look to. If that person's integrity cannot be trusted, why have that person in your organization? He may have secured $4 million for his family, but long term he very well may have scuttled any chance of landing a top coaching gig anytime soon. As someone said, the NFL is a small club. It also has a long memory.

Because Doug allegedly slammed the org on his way out and went out classlessly.

The subtle shots are hypocrisy for most of the guys. Maybe not Fred, because he's about as loyal as you can hope for, but the rest of them? Everyone wants loyalty on their own terms. You aren't very talented, but you gave your heart and blood for the team? "Cut him, he sucks!" It's fickle.

At the end of the day, it's your family vs. your team. I know everything gets romanticized these days but it is a business. No one took shots at Byrd when he bounced for the cash.

He didn't just allegedly slam the organization. He allegedly back-stabbed the organization after he opted out. And in an active effort to torpedo the organization's chances of drawing front-office talent.

"Slamming" is one thing. He was petty, vengeful, and underhanded in trying to make the Bills look bad. Allegedly.

He didn't just allegedly slam the organization. He allegedly back-stabbed the organization after he opted out. And in an active effort to torpedo the organization's chances of drawing front-office talent.

"Slamming" is one thing. He was petty, vengeful, and underhanded in trying to make the Bills look bad. Allegedly.

I never read that. I assume you're talking about the Polian thing?

As some of you know, I have sources from pretty deep within. And based on what I've gleaned from them I've come up with a few theories.

First, I don't think St. Doug's departure was entirely calculated. I think he had a plan, and exercising the exit clause was his leverage, but I don't think actually doing that was the plan. I think he didn't get what he thought he could which pissed him off, that was maybe exacerbated by some perceived slight, he lost his temper and decided he'd show them. He'd skip town, take that SOB's money, and take a **** in the sink on the way out (Polian). Probably figured he was hot property with lots of connections and would land on his feet. I don't think it was just business. I think it was highly personal.

My second theory has to do with the Jets interview. Rumor had it he was as good as hired, then it comes out his interview went poorly. It wouldn't surprise me if the temperamental guy that stormed out of his last job went into the interview and trashed the Bills thinking they'd agree with him once they heard his side of the story. Unfortunately for him, as in most such cases, the potential employer hears this guy just eviscerating his last employer and realizes he'll eventually end up on the receiving end of this guy's wrath and decides to avoid it before he wakes up one day to find he's got a disgruntled, vindictive, and destructive !@#$ running his football team.

That's my theory.

As some of you know, I have sources from pretty deep within. And based on what I've gleaned from them I've come up with a few theories.

First, I don't think St. Doug's departure was entirely calculated. I think he had a plan, and exercising the exit clause was his leverage, but I don't think actually doing that was the plan. I think he didn't get what he thought he could which pissed him off, that was maybe exacerbated by some perceived slight, he lost his temper and decided he'd show them. He'd skip town, take that SOB's money, and take a **** in the sink on the way out (Polian). Probably figured he was hot property with lots of connections and would land on his feet. I don't think it was just business. I think it was highly personal.

My second theory has to do with the Jets interview. Rumor had it he was as good as hired, then it comes out his interview went poorly. It wouldn't surprise me if the temperamental guy that stormed out of his last job went into the interview and trashed the Bills thinking they'd agree with him once they heard his side of the story. Unfortunately for him, as in most such cases, the potential employer hears this guy just eviscerating his last employer and realizes he'll eventually end up on the receiving end of this guy's wrath and decides to avoid it before he wakes up one day to find he's got a disgruntled, vindictive, and destructive !@#$ running his football team.

That's my theory.

Makes sense. When do you EVER hear about an interview going bad?

In some other thread somewhere, I predicted that Marrone's next gig would be as an OL coach.

Marrone may or may not be qualified to be a HC, depending on your point of view, but what GM wants a barely qualified HC who couldn't get along with his last GM and FO? No GM wants those kinds of problems.

Marrone is not qualified to be an OC. With the Saints, he simply implemented Payton's ideas and didn't even call plays. Despite the OC title, he was more a glorified OL Coach there. In Buffalo, he presided over an offense that was impotent. Who would want him as an OC?

So that leaves OL Coach. They say he was good at it in The Big Easy, though our OL seemed to regress under his leadership.

A lot of people say Marrone was smart for leaving Buffalo when he did. Maybe I'm wrong, but I disagree. I think his career will suffer.