Who will the Bills bring in at QB?

YoloinOhio

Bills QB in 2015  

273 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB will the Bills bring to Buffalo?

• Jay Cutler, Bears
    • Sam Bradford, Rams
    • RG3, Redskins
    • Peyton Manning, Broncos
    • Mark Sanchez, FA (Eagles)
    • Nick Foles, Eagles
    • Matt Moore, FA (Fish)
    • Tom Brady, Pats*
    • Colin Kaepernick, 49ers
    • Brian Hoyer, FA (Browns)
    • Other vet
    • Rookie
    • Eli Manning, NY OBJs

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think what they will do is trade for a QB, sign a FA, draft one and sign an undrafted free agent. Glennon, Locker, Grayson & Stoudt. Let them battle it out for starter, backup & developmental QB. None of that works, do it again in 2016.

Matt Moore has always done good things when i was watching , maybe i missed something on him though .

He would be a cheap veteran pick up that could give competition to push EJ & he would be motivated to win the starting job if it was a open competition .

I would look toward other young QB's on other teams that had good college production like the kid from OU after Bradford , he's sitting on a bench doing practice team reps .

If the Foles /Sanchez thing doesn't work there are 2 competent QB's with another good college QB backing them , it's up to Whaley to put it out there .

I think he will get it done !!

Pending a positive physical, my choice would be Jake Locker. He has a comparable skillset to Colin Kaepernick in terms of size and speed, and should fit in with what Roman wants to do. Locker (6'3"/4.59) and Manuel (6'5"/4.65) could give the Bills a good tandem of size and speed.

Pending a positive physical, my choice would be Jake Locker. He has a comparable skillset to Colin Kaepernick in terms of size and speed, and should fit in with what Roman wants to do. Locker (6'3"/4.59) and Manuel (6'5"/4.65) could give the Bills a good tandem of size and speed.

28 Qbs drafted in round 1 since 2000, Locker is one of them. Only 6 of them had losing record in college, he is one of them. It is not a pretty list to be on with the names Boller, Losman, Ramsey, Freeman and Cutler.

Edited by moreproblemsthanOrton

My only thought was since Kromer is the OL coach, would that really deter Cutler from wanting to come here as a FA if they cut him or in a trade?.. If Kromer were the OC or QB coach, I could understand it.

I wouldn't think that the Bills would be looking for that dynamic after what they just went through. I'd be REALLY surprised if Cutler were added.

You know, stopthepain, I'm really not sure that EJ ain't gonna be the guy. Or at least the Bills might try again to see if he can be the guy. I think he's had lousy coaching and played behind a lousy O line, and had a couple of knee injuries his rookie year which may have affected his thinking. What can a good coach do to help him? Probably a lot. I am not an EJ lover or convinced he's the guy, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Bills give him another big chance.

Of course there will be at least one additional QB brought in. Even if EJ wins the starting job, Tuel is not the answer as the backup.

What does everyone have against Tuel? He has started only one game and was an undrafted rookie at the time. He didn't light it up but he actually wasn't too bad (except for the one obvious bad pass). He has guts & isn't afraid to wing it. He has an average strength arm & is accurate. My guess is that if he played the last year, our record would probably have been not much different.

What does everyone have against Tuel? He has started only one game and was an undrafted rookie at the time. He didn't light it up but he actually wasn't too bad (except for the one obvious bad pass). He has guts & isn't afraid to wing it. He has an average strength arm & is accurate. My guess is that if he played the last year, our record would probably have been not much different.

wasn't he horrendous in one the preseason games this year?

You mean athletic but crappy accuracy throwing the ball?