Pegulas, Rex, Whaley = Big Splashes Commeth

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A big splash is in the works. A few things have to go right for the puzzle to come together.

Reborn...

Aww screw it. It's Manning! Let it be!! That booing crowd in Denver will miss him dearly. Before the injury, he was top notch...again. He saw first hand...again...that a defense is a QB's best friend when Seattle scored 2 on the first play of SB XLVIII. Wouldn't be suprised if Manning and Julius Thomas are bundled. Elway has left it up to Manning to leave, and based on what he's done so far, he wants Manning out.

Leroi wrote, "Big Splash". That's not an O-lineman. It's not a TE. It's not a stadium (that's a tidal wave that started with the Pegula's purchace and hits paydirt in 2017). IT'S A QB! Who else is capable of a "splash"? Culter? Nope - the fans would be rightfully pissed about that turnover machine. A draft pick? Please. It's Peyton Williams Manning. After all, the jersey number is available B-)

Edited by Thrivefourfive

Aww screw it. It's Manning! Let it be!! That booing crowd in Denver will miss him dearly. Before the injury, he was top notch...again. He saw first hand...again...that a defense is a QB's best friend when Seattle scored 2 on the first play of SB XLVIII. Wouldn't be suprised if Manning and Julius Thomas are bundled. Elway has left it up to Manning to leave, and based on what he's done so far, he wants Manning out.

Leroi wrote, "Big Splash". That's not an O-lineman. It's not a TE. It's not a stadium (that's a tidal wave that started with the Pegula's purchace and hits paydirt in 2017). IT'S A QB! Who else is capable of a "splash"? Culter? Nope - the fans would be rightfully pissed about that turnover machine. A draft pick? Please. It's Peyton Williams Manning. After all, the jersey number is available B-)

He even said "QB" when he mentioned the "mind-blowing" plan a few days ago.

The things I am hearing will literally blow your mind. (QB situation,Free Agency,'draft) it's all really amazing.

However, that was posted a day before Denver lost, so I have a hard time believing Manning was being considered at that point.

Edited by NickelCity

Mind Blowing is only from this list of (somewhat realistically) possible QB's:

Peyton Manning

Drew Brees

"Mind Blowing" in a media sense but not really:

RG3

Kaepernick

Mind blowing from the standpoint that we have fielded dog poo at the QB position for close to 2 decades:

Bradford

Cutler

Edited by filthymcnasty08

I was curious why Leroi chose the avatar he/she did...

It is a Lamassu, an Assyrian protective deity. A symbol of power. They were typically placed at the entrances to cities, temples, and palaces as protection and as a symbol of power.

Per Wikipedia: The Akkadians associated the god Papsukkal with lamas. (Papsukkal was the messenger god in the Akkadian pantheon).

Couldn't figure out how to post a picture, so here's the link to wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lamassu

Edited by folz

Stupid question (too lazy to look it up): is Manning a free agent? Was this the last year of his Denver contract?

I'm too lazy too, but I think he did a 3 year deal..? Even so, Elway seems like he'd be willing to grant a Manning wish.

Edited by Thrivefourfive

It is a Lamassu, an Assyrian protective deity. A symbol of power. They were typically placed at the entrances to cities, temples, and palaces as protection and as a symbol of power.

Per Wikipedia: The Akkadians associated the god Papsukkal with lamas. (Papsukkal was the messenger god in the Akkadian pantheon).

Now we're talking. Good work. I'm curious why Leroi titled this thread

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/175241-rex-is-scheduled-for-a-second-interview/?do=findComment&comment=3417000

with a capital "S" and "I" for Second Interview. Perhaps he's a S)ports I)llustrated insider and knows Rex Ryan because of ties to New York...Peter?? Peter King...is it you??

Leroi says "Big splash in the works" which seems to mean soon, so I'm thinking it must be a trade.

Can't imagine that a coach (below coordinator level) would be considered a big splash. FA is too far away still. Must be a trade.

Warmer......warmer.......

Nammur

Edited by 4merper4mer