Reported: Schwartz will be leaving the Bills

Uffalo Ills

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Got to disagree. Rex Ryan taught Pettine, that high-risk, high-reward can't stop the run D is what Ryan produced. I am very said if Schwartz is gone. I am disappointed Pegulas and the Bills FO let themselves be negotiated out of this.

You do understand that Rex's defenses are always fantastic at stopping the run right?

Edited by Bangarang

I have mixed feelings about this...

For one, I really am thankful if their egos would have clashed that this move spares us the embarrassing mid season meltdown.

On the other hand, I think If they could get along they could have collaborated into one of the best D's ever.

Rex Ryan is a big personality and gets all the credit as a defensive guy. This is why Pettine left the Jets to become Bills DC in 2013. He wanted to get credit as a DC and get out of Rex's shadow. So, with that in mind, why would Schwartz want to be under Rex's shadow after leading the Bills to the 4th best defense. At least six teams will be looking for new coaching staffs plus the Steelers need a DC. Schwartz is going to find a DC job where it will be better fit and situation for him. I understand why he is leaving and yeah it sucks.

Um, Barbarian? Where did Pettine's D rank against the run, and rank overall? This wasn't an accident. Pettine ran a high-risk, high-reward gambling kind of D. Got lots of sacks, let lots of long runs break.

Ryan's run D the last 2 years? 3rd and 5th...he can stop the run just fine

Sucks for Schwartz...the Bills deny requests from other teams to interview him and then they ultimately squeezed him out.

I am thinking he pops up and gets some late interviews. Oakland?

I wonder if there was any awkwardness between Roman and Schwartz after that dust up Schwartz and Harbaugh had with the post game handshake.

Now more than ever the Bills needs a "Game Management Coach" keeping Rex focused on the entire game...not just the defense.

Wow that is not cookie dough, that is crack you are smoking. SMH

Don't be silly. Rex is far better.

Not happy. Schwartz stopped the run cold and still led the league in sacks. Schwartz is a great DC. Stupid to let him walk.

Rex stopped the run better and finished 6th in sacks.

Pettines defense in Buffalo wasn't very good except for nice sack stats. Horrible against the run.

Yeah, that and the best pass defense in the NFL by opponent QB rating against...

Likely because teams would run for 200-300 yards a game and making it quite easy to pass when they wanted to.

Sucks for Schwartz...the Bills deny requests from other teams to interview him and then they ultimately squeezed him out.

Hiring has just started. Schwartz has plenty of time to find a destination.

Loosing Schwartz would be a huge mistake, and will highlight the failure of Rex.

I wonder if he'll ever coach a top 5 defense again. He will almost certainly won't be inheriting such a talented defense. again.

Can't say I'm surprised, but I still don't like it.

I don't see how that defense plays any better than it was at the end of the year, and if I'm being honest I think they will slip a little bit. Roman better be able to improve the run game in a hurry.