Reported: Schwartz will be leaving the Bills

Uffalo Ills

Got to disagree. Rex Ryan taught Pettine, that high-risk, high-reward can't stop the run D is what Ryan produced. I am very said if Schwartz is gone. I am disappointed Pegulas and the Bills FO let themselves be negotiated out of this.

I agree. I loved this hire if it would have been Ryan, Roman, Schwartz. The Bills may have been better off with Schartz as HC, Hackett as OC and Johnson or Henderson as DC. Time will tell though.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well then we ought to be worried more about the loss of Marrone

A lot of great HC call plays.

Really? Most trust their coordinators. Head coaches need to empower their coordinators, Very few succeed by trying to do too much. Is Rex the exception? I guess we have no choice but to wait and see.

Kiss off any playoff run for another five years, while Rex rebuilds to a 3-4 defense and totally destroys a top 10 NFL defense. Great, hire a losing record coach, and then send packing a terrific DC. Why not hire Malarkey back, that would just about freeze me out.

Really? Most trust their coordinators. Head coaches need to empower their coordinators, Very few succeed by trying to do too much. Is Rex the exception? I guess we have no choice but to wait and see.

Yes, some great HC do but interestingly they are almost all offensive coaches.

Bruce Arians, Mike McCarthy, and Sean Payton come to mind. It's not most but I'm sure there are more.

Mike McCarthy, Andy Reid, Sean Payton, Bruce Arians, Chip Kelly, Bellichick all but runs both, which is why his guys always fail when they go elsewhere.

The sole reason people are complaining is because the defense was ALREADY the #4 defense in the league, and was desperate for offensive help.

While I concede that the team is better without Marrone / Hackett. I feel it could have been so much better with hiring a team president, and then letting him make the proper choice. Then at least we would know the offense might actually be improved this year.

The Pegula's hiring Rex Ryan, a 4-12 coach smacks of owners meddling...again. Its like 50+ years of that wasn't enough for Bills fans?

I feel badly for Jim Schwartz, and hope he finds a top job with a winning team. Denver perhaps.

This is disappointing. Schwartz seemed to be settled in and I think he would have stuck around for a good bit of time as he already had his run at being a HC. We had a great thing in place with Schwartz and we just ruined it IMO. And all for a very suspect HC. Now if he doesn't work out we lose him and a really good DC.

I'll be sick if Schwartz leaves. He is the one that deserved the chance at the Bills head coaching job, and not the guy who just went 4-12.

Although, I can see the defense being just as good this year without Schwartz, and yet I'm not sure how it helps that 20th ranked offense. You know, the one with the bad line, no first round draft pick or veteran QB.

How could you look at the lousy job he did in Detroit and say that?.....with a star QB.....the best offensive and defensive players, respectively in the NFC.....just a talented team? Few coaches have ever deserved to be fired as much as Schwartz in Detroit. His successor is a zombie and he improved their team AND their defense! As for his D......his record as a DC is not that good. Here is the story on Schwartz....he was basically Belichick's boy genius who was destined to get a HC job before he got hired as an assistant in TN. And the prophecy was fulfilled even if he hadn't really earned it in TN.

I'm curious as to why you would say that, with all the news and reports tonight that he is not coming back.

You don't think that someone will give him a DC job or he would accept a job on Bills not the DC?

i read he turned down Ryan's offer to be DC.. and i'm thinking the only reason he'd quit would be for HC job.. otherwise reporrt may be wrong

We spend a lot of time pondering and thinking about a team that hasn't made the playoffs in, well, you know how long. Schwartz did a good job. Our sacks went down. The defense overall got better. The run defense was the big improvement. Spikes was important in that. But let's look at the Oakland game. Wtf happened? 3rd and 22 and give up a 50 yard pass? Inexcusable. Blame Doug all you want, and I do too. The offense stunk against Oakland. 13 carries for 13 yards. But our defense made some big mistakes and they are just as responsible for the loss in a game we had to win.

I thought we'd miss Pettine, but Schwartz did the job. Now I think we'll miss Schwartz, but Rex will get it done.

Somebody wrote that Kiko is overrated. Not particularly. He made a ton of tackles. But he also over pursued on a number of occasions, and that hurt. Better coaching, better team.

Clear eyes, full heart, can't lose.

Mike McCarthy, Andy Reid, Sean Payton, Bruce Arians, Chip Kelly, Bellichick all but runs both, which is why his guys always fail when they go elsewhere.

Some run, but not all of them call plays.

That article only states fact that Thurman is joining Bills - the part about Schwartz leaving was pure speculation as presented.

Well, that article clearly states Thurman is coming as DC. How could you read it any other way? You may be right, and I hope you are. But that article in headline, and in content, says Thurman is coming as DC.

Step off the ledge and come back inside.

We have the best defensive coach in the league signed for 5 years.

Unfortunately he is our HC, not our DC.