/dev/null

Do you approve hiring Rex Ryan as HC  

463 members have voted

1. 1. Do you approve hiring Rex Ryan as HC

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I definitely approve of a coach that has held the Pats to 270yds total offense over the last 4 meetings. Against the rest of NFL the Pats have averaged over 390yds per gm. That's 120 less per gm with less talent then we have so yes definitely I approve of Sexy Rexy!

How many of those resulted in wins?

I wanted Kubiak but I am fine with Rex. Whether or not he is successful comes down to whether or not EJ is an NFL QB or Whaley's ability to get Rex an NFL QB.

This would be the case with whomever the Bills hired. At least I know the players will play for Rex.

I don't get the kubiak love. The guy was a middling, mediocre head coach for the Texans for years.

One of my favorite things this year happened when Rex Ryan talked about how his team would be 1000% better in the second game against the Bills. Then watching his jaw hit the ground in that 38-3 romp, as the Bills destroyed his team.

In 2009 Rex Ryan inherited a pretty good team from Eric Mangini that already had a a bunch of good players on both sides of the ball, a solid O line as DaBrick, and Mangold were drafted in 2006 under Mangini. Then the next year it was under Mangini that Darrelle Revis was drafted by the Jets in 2007. Mangini was fired by the Jets after taking them to a 9-7 finish in 2008.

That first season for Rex Ryan with the Jets in 2009 they only drafted 3 players in that years draft, and they were all offensive In QB Sanchez, RB Shonn Greene, and OG Matt Slauson . So that #1 overall defense came from previous drafts. In his first season he drafted Mark Sanchez, and went to the conference championship with a record of 9-7 as a wildcard. The managed that by pounding the rock, and playing great defense. The Jets did the same the very next year at 10-6, and went to the conference championship.

For whatever reason the Jets got away from what made them a formidable team in pounding the rock, as they kept asking the QB to throw more while they ran less. Then they went 8-8 in 2012. They went 6-10 in 2013. They went 4-12 in 2014. That's right, 4-12 in 2014.

To those fans who think that Rex Ryan will now give the New England Patriots / Bill Belichick- Tom Brady fits. Rex Ryan's Jets went 1-7 against New England the last four years.

2014 0-2

2013 1-1

2012 0-2

2011 0-2

2010 1-1

2009 1-1 The final result is 3 wins vs 9 losses against the Patriots in six years.

I have no idea why the Pegula's hired Rex Ryan as their new face of the team, a guy who I loved to hate as the Jets head coach. The guy was a big mouth bumbling doofus the last few years in New York. 4-12 really?

All that said, I can only hope the Pegula's have a plan!!! A plan to find a decent QB!!! A plan to fix the O line that Whaley couldn't fix the last two years!!! A plan to hire a team president to oversee the football side so the GM isn't trading away #1 picks for anything other then a franchise QB. A plan so the GM & HC are no longer reporting to the finance / marketing guy.

!@#$ yeah.

Welcome Rex!

For whatever reason the Jets got away from what made them a formidable team in pounding the rock

Hard to pound the rock when you don't replace the quality RBs and then have to send the ones you have into 8 man boxes because you also don't have anyone at QB or WR to keep the defense honest.

The Jets fell apart because of bad GMs and a meddling owner.

One of my favorite things this year happened when Rex Ryan talked about how his team would be 1000% better in the second game against the Bills. Then watching his jaw hit the ground in that 38-3 romp, as the Bills destroyed his team.

In 2009 Rex Ryan inherited a pretty good team from Eric Mangini that already had a a bunch of good players on both sides of the ball, a solid O line as DaBrick, and Mangold were drafted in 2006 under Mangini. Then the next year it was under Mangini that Darrelle Revis was drafted by the Jets in 2007. Mangini was fired by the Jets after taking them to a 9-7 finish in 2008.

That first season for Rex Ryan with the Jets in 2009 they only drafted 3 players in that years draft, and they were all offensive In QB Sanchez, RB Shonn Greene, and OG Matt Slauson . So that #1 overall defense came from previous drafts. In his first season he drafted Mark Sanchez, and went to the conference championship with a record of 9-7 as a wildcard. The managed that by pounding the rock, and playing great defense. The Jets did the same the very next year at 10-6, and went to the conference championship.

For whatever reason the Jets got away from what made them a formidable team in pounding the rock, as they kept asking the QB to throw more while they ran less. Then they went 8-8 in 2012. They went 6-10 in 2013. They went 4-12 in 2014. That's right, 4-12 in 2014.

To those fans who think that Rex Ryan will now give the New England Patriots / Bill Belichick- Tom Brady fits. Rex Ryan's Jets went 1-7 against New England the last four years.

2014 0-2

2013 1-1

2012 0-2

2011 0-2

2010 1-1

2009 1-1 The final result is 3 wins vs 9 losses against the Patriots in six years.

I have no idea why the Pegula's hired Rex Ryan as their new face of the team, a guy who I loved to hate as the Jets head coach. The guy was a big mouth bumbling doofus the last few years in New York. 4-12 really?

All that said, I can only hope the Pegula's have a plan!!! A plan to find a decent QB!!! A plan to fix the O line that Whaley couldn't fix the last two years!!! A plan to hire a team president to oversee the football side so the GM isn't trading away #1 picks for anything other then a franchise QB. A plan so the GM & HC are no longer reporting to the finance / marketing guy.

The Jets were such a circus, it was hilarious. Now the circus comes to town. And, People are hoping that Butt Fumble comes with him and we'll make the playoffs. WTF is happening?

This. I didn't want him to begin with. I didn't like how he handled the Jets over the past couple of years. They were undisciplined and he couldn't get anything out of Sanchez, Smith, or Vick.

I was hoping for an "Unsure" option in the poll, but I voted for "approve". The more I read about him, the more I'm warming up to the idea. Like GunnerBill said, he's now the Bills' head coach, so he's my guy.

For me it's simple. IMO we upgraded at head coach and it's hard to say that's a bad thing.

!@#$ yeah.

Welcome Rex!

Hard to pound the rock when you don't replace the quality RBs and then have to send the ones you have into 8 man boxes because you also don't have anyone at QB or WR to keep the defense honest.

The Jets fell apart because of bad GMs and a meddling owner.

They had the very same RB's in 2012 when they went 6-10 in LT, Greene, McKnight that they had when they went 11-5 in 2010, and yet threw 547 vs 443 rushing attempts. They simply started asking Sanchez to throw more while running less.

All I see that meddling the owner did was to keep Rex Ryan after an 8-8 to 6-10 season when he fired Mangini after a 9-7 season. I would describe Jets owner Woody Johnson as a "hands off" owner who lets his GM make all the moves. If Johnson is guilty of anything, its being talked into hiring a GM with a financial background in John Idzik in 2013.... sound familiar?

GM Mike Tannenbaum was fired after the 2012 season in which the team was already in a downward spiral after a 6-10 season. Ryan should have been fired at that time, but the owner loved the guy.

Edited by FeartheLosing

I voted "Approve" but am decidedly undecided.

First, I want to see what kind of coaching staff he puts together.

Then, more importantly, I want to see how many games we win.

But I am happy about one thing. Although I was not a Ralph-Is-Cheap guy, you couldn't help but notice that we typically didn't pay top dollar for coaches. The Pegulas, on the other hand, paid a lot of money for a big name coach. I think that in itself sends a good message.

Been awhile since I've added my 2 cents. The Bills landed one of the best active candidates available, and his players love him. He's a solid coach, now the front office needs to do some kind of voodoo to get a competent starting QB into Buffalo.

Go Bills!

2014 0-2

2013 1-1

2012 0-2

2011 0-2

2010 1-1

Of the available candidates, who did you want?

The Jets were such a circus, it was hilarious. Now the circus comes to town. And, People are hoping that Butt Fumble comes with him and we'll make the playoffs. WTF is happening?

I dunno. All we can do as fans is hope new ownership has a solid plan to fix all the offensive woes. We might not yet see the bigger picture that they visualize for the team.

Well with the way Schwartz has our defensive unit playing, maybe he'll leave Jim to it and then we can actually see how good a HC Rex is.
Rex has a great defensive mind, overall as a head coach? I'm unsure. I've seen good and I've seen bad. One thing is for certain - it sure will be fun!

My approval is based on him leaving the D alone.

Yours and mine both.