NEW HEAD COACH: Rex Ryan! It's Official!

KDIGGZ

• Replies 883
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the best the Pegulas could come up with--reaching all the way over to the Jets to rescue Rex Ryan? And he may bring in fellow dumpster denizen Trestman? Why jump on Rex now--why be the first to hire a HC?

Wow. How long did it take Whaley to come up with this? How does this immediately make us better?

I've been on a small bandwagon for Kubiak. He's now available--and not even an interview?

Uninspired first major move by Kim Pegula.....

This is the best the Pegulas could come up with--reaching all the way over to the Jets to rescue Rex Ryan? And he may bring in fellow dumpster denizen Trestman? Why jump on Rex now--why be the first to hire a HC?

Wow. How long did it take Whaley to come up with this? How does this immediately make us better?

I've been on a small bandwagon for Kubiak. He's now available--and not even an interview?

You pretty much killed all credibility on an review when you said you've been on the kubiak bandwagon.

This is now downgraded to: "They didn't get the guy I want"

Edited by Jdragon2

@viccarucci: The #Bills have "every intention" of keeping DC Jim Schwartz, just told by high-ranking team source.

@viccarucci: Told despite different def philosophy, Ryan would be OK w keeping Schwartz as DC bc he "wants to win." Who's running D "doesn't matter."

Stayin'

I like the move. Sounds like Ryan will bring in a solid OC and keep Schwartz as the DC. The defense will continue to be good for years to come and the Bills will have a better OC. Ryan has had success against the Patriots, so that will be a big plus for the Bills.

A proven NFL head coach with a tremendous track record vs. the Patriots? Not to mention inheriting a loaded defense that players should be familiar with (Pettine)? rumored to be bringing in a substantial OC talent. (Roman/Trestman)? Finally some passion on the sidelines?

Yes, I think they totally missed with this hire. :wallbash:

Kubiak would be less inspired. I think no matter who was hired you would criticize. it's what you do.

Looks like it will be Greg Roman as the OC: "The popular rumor floating around the NFL was that Ryan would bring Marc Trestman with him as his offensive coordinator. It appears that is not the case, according to Schefter, as Greg Roman, the 49ers OC, will be coming along with Rex.

"The offensive coordinator Rex Ryan is most likely to bring with him to Buffalo is 49ers OC Greg Roman, per source."

http://buf.scout.com/story/1500984-bills-to-make-rex-ryan-their-next-head-coach?s=24

An "inspired" move would be to hire a guy like Kubiak who's team quit on him for an entire 16 game season????

Players love playing for Rex and the guy isn't wishy-washy about beating the Pats. He's not going to have his QB only throw the ball 3 times to Sammy Watkins against the Patriots like that wussy Marrone. That was the moment I wanted Marrone gone. Rex loves Sammy and he will make sure he gets thrown the ball a LOT and in turn Watkins will be giving Odell Beckham Jr. a real run for his money on who truly is the best WR is from that draft.

The thing that bothers me the most is we have a really talented team that was likely going to make the playoffs next year anyway. Now this worthless sack of crap is gonna get credit for it.

Can't wait to hear this fat POS run his mouth off all the time.

Sorry, but he's not a Buffalo type of guy who's humble with working class roots/mentality. He's a "I'm better than everyone else" type of guy.

Edited by DisplacedBillsFan