Rex is scheduled for a Second Interview.

Leroi

I'm less than enthusiastic about Rex...I respect him...Don't get me wrong...But I just can't fathom why we would bring in a life-long 3-4 Defensive HC when we have one of the best Defenses in the NFL and it's a 4-3...Is Rex really going to keep Schwartz? How's that going to work? This would be puzzling to say the least...Not saying it can't work...Just saying that on paper it does not seem like a good fit...

And Roman? Just seems odd to me...The whole thing... B-)

Well we've shown with MP that we can run with Rex's scheme.

Thing is we ran better with Schwartz's.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

His teams went downhill over time to a record of 4-12. How much better can the defense get, and how much worse can the offense get?

The Bills seriously need help in developing EJ, and building a better line, and I just don't see how Trestman or Roman fill those needs.

I mean I could see hiring the man if he was 9-3 against the Patriots, or 8-1 the last four games. I'd rather see Schwartz get the job, as he actually earned it.

Its also being reported Rex may be the first of a few round of 2nd interviews indicating it may not be as close/done deal as we normally would expect when you hear a guy is having a 2nd interview etcc.

The key story is not whether we get rex or not - they key is that we can see Buffalo no longer will be choosing from a small subset of bottom list candidates,

Coaches and GMs were never scared away from a Buffalo job due to weather or location - it was because there was an owner who would butt in, who would not pay top dollar to head coach nor to coordinators and not be so active in free agency operating cap to cap etccc

Top coaches and GMs will now be attracted when they know Pegula can pay dan snyder type money and then get out of the way and let the football guys do their job - given all those positives its still not a guarantee we select the right guy

Allow me to reiterate. For the life of me I have no idea why so many here are willing to accept a defensive HC that just ended the season at 4-12. Its was back in 2010 in Chan Gailey's first season since the Bills were nearly that bad at 4-12, and even Gailey managed to get better. Ryan's teams in 2011, 8-8. In 2012, 6-10. In 2013, 8-8. In 2014, 4-12.

Then look at his defense the last few years in terms of yards allowed, and points allowed. 24-6, 19-11, 20-8, 20-5, and the last time the Jets fielded a really good all around defense was back in 2010 when they were 6th in points allowed, 4th in yards allowed. While stats wise the Jets looked good in overall total defense from 2011 to 2014 they gave up far to many points every year being at around 20th every year.

The Bills just destroyed Rex's teams this season, and made his QB's look unbelievably incompetent. Jeez, let the Falcons have him. I'm just a bit taken aback that more Bills fans aren't as concerned about him getting a second look.

Great job Leroi. Now excited about what you eluded to in this post:

This is just the tip of the iceberg.

The things I am hearing will literally blow your mind. (QB situation,Free Agency,'draft) it's all really amazing.

Are you prepared for the Pegula Bills?

Reborn...

One thing I find interesting: when you were being attacked for your prediction of a 2nd interview and asked to provide a source for your info, you said that, "It came from a text this morning from Doug Whaley to me. Later you edited out the Whaley to you part.

Curious...

Still, very appreciative for the inside info. Thanks again.

Edited by ChevyVanMiller

Joe Chenelly reports:

Rex Ryan watched tonight's #Patriots game with the #Bills owners. He's staying at their place overnight for another interview tomorrow. #NFL

Thia is an amazing image. Can you imagine Rex sitting there pounding beers screaming " You've got to pressure up the middle and put that kitty on his ass!" as Brady marched down the field