Rex is scheduled for a Second Interview.

Leroi

Just a thought... Rex has the same agent as Marrone. Also the same agent as Adam Schefter. Not surprising that Schef would be the first to reports this*, especially for those that remember how the Marrone news first came out way back when he was hired.

*well, second after Leroi!

I realize Buffalo isn't NYC or LA, but those types of comments are just ignorant tripe.

He can say that because Bart Scott's hometown, Detroit, is the foodie capital of southeastern Michigan.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If it's true that Rex and Trestman are a package deal then that's a huge win for this team. We're essentially fixing our offense while maintaining an elite defense with a coach that players love to play for.

This is great, but I wanna know who he's bringing with him to coach the offensive line?

He can say that because Bart Scott's hometown, Detroit, is the foodie capital of southeastern Michigan.

Hardly compares to those other NFL cultural Meccas Kansas City, Cleveland, Cincinnati, Green Bay, Tampa Bay and, of course, Oakland.

Edited by The Big Cat

Question. Not that I'm doubting you but isn't Roman stil technically employed by SF? If the next coach comes in and wants to keep Roman he can't come to Buffalo.

Roman has been granted permission to interview for other open OC positions in the League. It appears to be a formality that San Fran would let him walk, unlike (apparently) Schwartz in Buffalo.

Hardly compares to those other NFL cultural Meccas Kansas City, Cleveland, Cincinnati, Green Bay, Tampa Bay and, of course, Oakland.

Green Bay is a complete dump. I'm still amazed that it's considered a desirable spot for NFL free agents. They need a sustained losing streak and we'll see how popular it is -- it'll be just like the post Bart Starr, pre Favre days again with games being played in Milwaukee.

Rex wanting to come to Buffalo makes sense. He hates the Patriots, he would probably like to stick it to the Jets twice a year as well. He is a defensive coach that will inherit a top 5 defense. He probably is the most qualified candidate that would actually sign a contract with Buffalo. Not many Head Coach candidates want to come to Buffalo , most use the Bills to practice their interviewing skills and use them to put pressure on the team they really want to coach.

Coaches dont want to come here based on what? Provide your source