Rex is scheduled for a Second Interview.

Leroi

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Information has been so limited coming out of the Bills camp that you'd think that Whaley or Brandon are the sources of the leaks popularly given on anonymity since no formal announcement has been made. One of the more recent leaks is that the Bills are looking to second interview other candidates and possibly first interview some that aren't presently available due to playoff games. That would include Indianapolis' Pep Hamilton and New England's Josh McDaniels. Among the candidates already interviewed who could be on the second interview playoff waiting list are Seattle's Dan Quinn and Darrell Bavell and Denver's Adam Gase. If they're really excited about Rex, however, I wouldn't wait long to conduct contract negotiations. The Falcons will get their head out of their ass eventually.

The reason some are mentioning Marc Trestman is because CBS sports is reporting that.

"According to a report from Pro Football Talk earlier in the week, the Bills are concerned that Ryan won't be interested in taking on a team with an unsettled quarterback situation. If Ryan is offered the gig, he's interested in bringing ex-Bears coach Marc Trestman as his offensive coordinator."

http://fantasynews.cbssports.com/fantasyfootball/update/24952685/report-bills-to-bring-rex-ryan-back-for-second-interview

The reason some are mentioning Marc Trestman is because CBS sports is reporting that.

"According to a report from Pro Football Talk earlier in the week, the Bills are concerned that Ryan won't be interested in taking on a team with an unsettled quarterback situation. If Ryan is offered the gig, he's interested in bringing ex-Bears coach Marc Trestman as his offensive coordinator."

http://fantasynews.cbssports.com/fantasyfootball/update/24952685/report-bills-to-bring-rex-ryan-back-for-second-interview

The first anyone heard of the trestman/ryan pair was when Johan Clayton said it on his weekly segment with Schopp and BD a few days ago

I know the difference schematically between the 3-4 and 4-3 but does one fit the current personnel better? I hate the idea of the constant back and forth, in particular how the team has drafted. Last year they drafted Preston Brown based on a 4-3 and the prior Kiko based on a 3-4. I don't pretend to understand how different players fit one over the other!!!

I'm less than enthusiastic about Rex...I respect him...Don't get me wrong...But I just can't fathom why we would bring in a life-long 3-4 Defensive HC when we have one of the best Defenses in the NFL and it's a 4-3...Is Rex really going to keep Schwartz? How's that going to work? This would be puzzling to say the least...Not saying it can't work...Just saying that on paper it does not seem like a good fit...

And Roman? Just seems odd to me...The whole thing... B-)

While I can sorta see why the Bills (Pegula's) would want Rex Ryan as one might think he has an edge on beating Tom Brady- Bill Belichick. He doesn't, not at 3-9 overall. Then the last four years he has been 1-8.

Forgive me, but I just don't get infatuation with Rex Ryan at all. Not when the Bills defense is already a top 5 unit, and the offense needs so darn much help. This whole thing makes no sense.

Well I sort of feel the same way, except that Rex is a great motivator and a player's coach.

If he can coexist with Schwartz and bring in a solid OC it might add value after all.

If Pegs is into writing lots of big cheques I'd take Kubiak on a lateral before Trestman for sure and maybe ahead of Roman too.

While I can sorta see why the Bills (Pegula's) would want Rex Ryan as one might think he has an edge on beating Tom Brady- Bill Belichick. He doesn't, not at 3-9 overall. Then the last four years he has been 1-8.

Forgive me, but I just don't get infatuation with Rex Ryan at all. Not when the Bills defense is already a top 5 unit, and the offense needs so darn much help. This whole thing makes no sense.

Well I sort of feel the same way, except that Rex is a great motivator and a player's coach.

If he can coexist with Schwartz and bring in a solid OC it might add value after all.

If Pegs is into writing lots of big cheques I'd take Kubiak on a lateral before Trestman for sure and maybe ahead of Roman too.