So how many catches does Odell Beckham have if a Bill

the real question is...

How many catches would Sammy Watkins have if he was a Giant?

The real question is . . .

How many catches would Eric Ebron have if he was a Bill?

Because it makes zero sense that the Bills were considering ODB at 1.09.

Edited by Why So Serious?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Downfield passing accuracy has a HUGE impact on the catch percentage--you know that. Eli is willing and able to push the ball down the field accurately, whereas neither Orton nor Manuel were.

I know it's not the best barometer, but just look at the air yardage difference between the QBs:

http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/quarterback-air-yards/2014/

Again, if it's downfield accuracy, how come Beckham is a ton better than the other Giants WRs? If it were Manning, all the WRs would be sharing the bounty. That's not what's happenng. It's only Beckham who's kicking ass on that team. And how come Sammy is not kicking ass on this team and like Beckham collecting a higher percentage of the passes thrown to him that Woods and the rest.

Yeah, the QBs are a factor. But the evidence shows the major factor is Odell Beckham Jr.

hold on, arent we always hearing from the watkins apologists you cant pass judgement on WRs in rookie season?

That is hilarious! Watkins apologist! You have to be trolling, please go away.

Yes, Watkins was just so terrible this year! I am going to hope against hope that he shows some improvement next year!

That is hilarious! Watkins apologist! You have to be trolling, please go away.

Yes, Watkins was just so terrible this year! I am going to hope against hope that he shows some improvement next year!

Yes I expect significant improvement from SW and hope that the HC search pinpoints what the chosen one will do wrt the offense. I look forward to the vitriol if SW drops a ball next year.

ODB was double teamed by the end of the year???? SW was the majority of the year. Now look at the Defenses SW faced.... NE (and Revis X's 2), Miami, KC, Houston, Cleveland, GB, Detroit (#1), Minnesota, Denver..... NYG had an easy schedule by comparison and some of the worst d's.....

So JTSP how many targets and catches you think ODB would have had as a Bill in 12 games as per the title?

hold on, arent we always hearing from the watkins apologists you cant pass judgement on WRs in rookie season?

This is the dumbest !@#$ing thing I've seen on the board today, and that includes a thread on PPP where gatorman's arguing about the global warming properties of graphite.

This is the dumbest !@#$ing thing I've seen on the board today, and that includes a thread on PPP where gatorman's arguing about the global warming properties of graphite.

Yet this whole thread is full of people trying to prove that Watkins is better than ODB.

They must be driving you batty if you think you're being logical here.

What would make you think that's a fair assumption, 45 at best? The assumptions being exposed here are your own, that the percentage is so high because of Eli rather than Beckham.

If it's Eli, his other WRs will have similar percentages, naturally. Beckham catches 70 of the passes he's targeted with. How about the other Giants WRs?

Rueben Randle 71/127

Preston Parker 36/56

Victor Cruz 23/41

Nah, it's Beckham. He is terrific, and he catches everything near him.

Don't get me wrong, it helps Beckham to be with Eli and it hurt Sammy to be with Orton and Manuel this year.

But Sammy caught 65/128

Woods 65/104

Hogan 41/61

Mike Williams 8/19

Beckham caught a much higher percentage than his fellow WRs. Sammy not so much.

Here's another one. How does it make sense that Beckham caught 70% of his targets and Sammy 50.8%, when the Giants QBs completed 63.1% of their passes and the Bills QBs completed 62.7%?

It doesn't.

Yes it does when you factor in how often we threw the ball 3 yards to a slot guy or RB...pretty much a lock on 3rd and long to throw 3 to 4 yards. Comp % was HEAVILY influenced by short throws under neath. Eli throws to his WRs down field more than crappy Orton.