Islamic Terrorism

B-Man

At least 50 dead after suicide attack in Lahore park

LAHORE: At least 50 people have been killed in a suicide attack in Gulshan-i-Iqbal Park of Iqbal Town on Sunday evening. Adviser to Chief Minister on Health Salman Rafique confirmed the death toll. Edhi sources add that over 200 are injured.

Iqbal Town Superintendent Police Dr Muhammad Iqbal said the explosion has resulted in 53 deaths.

He added confirmed that this was a suicide attack and took place at a children's park, where a large number of families, especially women and children, were present.

DIG Operations Captain (Retd) Muhammad Usman confirmed the suicide attack, saying the head of the suicide bomber has been recovered. Ball bearings have also been found at the site.

The area is a renowned residential area of Lahore. The blast was just outside the exit gate and a few feet (metres) away from the children's swings.

This is what the terrorists targeted folks

CekPk4VXEAA1EBa.jpg Gulshan park is the only entertainment for local kids who can't afford xbox, iPad etc #LahoreBlast

The weapons are too easily made, transported and concealed ... can't possibly guard all public areas. Bombing and foreign intervention is not the answer, just creates more resentment, instability, and terror recruiting material. Only surveillance, intelligence gathering, and informants will help address the problem. Of course the bungholes at NSA blew it by delving into the lives of ordinary civilians and foreign allies, to get their jollies off and for political reasons.

Edited by truth on hold

Dispatches from the Religion of Peace:

“At least 65 people were killed and more than 300 injured in the suicide attack at [Pakistan's] Gulshan-i-Iqbal Park, where a large number of families were gathered on the [Easter] holiday evening. The attack was claimed by Tehreek-i-Taliban Pakistan Jamaatul Ahrar, a splinter group from the original Pakistani Taliban.

On Saturday, the Afghan Taliban had issued a statement complaining that only Islamic holidays can be celebrated in Islamic countries, specifically grousing about Nowruz (Persian New Year) celebrations in Kabul the past week.”

It'll be interesting to see how Pakistan reacts to this.

Maybe the Pakistani leadership will follow the US' lead and go to a baseball game...? Kerry's comments on POTUS' actions post-Brussels appear to justify baseball and tango as acceptable responses to terrorist attacks, eh?

Edited by Keukasmallies

Maybe the Pakistani leadership will follow the US' lead and go to a baseball game...? Kerry's comments on POTUS' actions post-Brussels appear to justify baseball and tango as acceptable responses to terrorist attacks, eh?

I think the last tango in Paris has already occurred and will soon be gone elsewhere. Our esteemed leader will have more butter than he knows what to do with.