Islamic Terrorism

B-Man

I was thinking that... But,

So this also drives the poor treatment of women? I am still confused.

Isn't that Islam driving the culture?

Personally I haven't seen the poor treatment of women during my trips to Palestine nor Jordan. Women in both those places were treated normally. They drove, have jobs and some even dress provocatively.

If I had to guess why women's rights in some places aren't up to par I'd have to say it's because the men take advantage of the situation. Those women can't earn a living which means they can't support themselves and have no choice but to remain in an abusive relationship. They must prefer it that way.

Dude, you have no idea what your missing. Pig is God's ( :o) gift to the taste buds.

I know what I'm missing. I've tried it. I used to drink as well. Don't miss either.

I'm truly having a problem here. I liken the Quran to the Bible and Sharia Law to the Ten Commandants. How could I call myself a Christian if I didn't believe in the Ten Commandants?

It's quite simple. Sin of man should be between that man and God, unless, of course, it affects someone else.

Edited by Justice

YI4gl12-_bigger.png The White HouseVerified account @WhiteHouse 8m8 minutes ago

"We have to reject any attempt to stigmatize Muslim-Americans & their enormous contributions to our country" —@POTUS

Okay. but stigmatizing those Christians who "cling to their Bibles and guns" is still fine though............................... Carry on.

I'm truly having a problem here. I liken the Quran to the Bible and Sharia Law to the Ten Commandants.

Well there's your problem. Sharia Law is more akin to Leviticus and Acts combined with random edicts offered by bishops and cardinals.

Even that's inaccurate, as Christianity doesn't have the same history of philosophical discussion and disagreement as Islam (not that it doesn't have discussion and disagreement...but it migrated to secular philosophy over time.) Sharia Law in practice is much closer to Talmudic Law than anything Christianity has to offer.

If you don't believe in Sharia Law and it is basic to Islam then how can you claim to be Muslim?

I suppose I didn't clarify myself properly. As the law of the land I'd rather not live under Sharia Law. I can be a devout Muslim and live anywhere and under any set of laws.

Well there's your problem. Sharia Law is more akin to Leviticus and Acts combined with random edicts offered by bishops and cardinals.

Even that's inaccurate, as Christianity doesn't have the same history of philosophical discussion and disagreement as Islam (not that it doesn't have discussion and disagreement...but it migrated to secular philosophy over time.) Sharia Law in practice is much closer to Talmudic Law than anything Christianity has to offer.

In Leviticus, Acts,random bishponian edicts, Sharia, Taldumic and any other ancient law, not a single woman drove a car. Can we at least all agree on that? They can't all be wrong.

In Leviticus, Acts,random bishponian edicts, Sharia, Taldumic and any other ancient law, not a single woman drove a car. Can we at least all agree on that? They can't all be wrong.

Lmao

I'm truly having a problem here. I liken the Quran to the Bible and Sharia Law to the Ten Commandants. How could I call myself a Christian if I didn't believe in the Ten Commandants?

You picked 10 rules you liked but ignored a bunch of other Biblical rules you don't. The Bible is no picnic if you try to follow it literally. It's just that over time, most people ignore the bad parts.

Bad Christians could manipulate the Biblical teachings to suit their needs (and have) in the same way bad Islamists can (and do). Both books are just words that can be manipulated to suit any bully's purpose.

Jesus...people follow scientology FFS, and it's just another book like the Bible or Quaran.

You picked 10 rules you liked but ignored a bunch of other Biblical rules you don't. The Bible is no picnic if you try to follow it literally. It's just that over time, most people ignore the bad parts.

Bad Christians could manipulate the Biblical teachings to suit their needs (and have) in the same way bad Islamists can (and do). Both books are just words that can be manipulated to suit any bully's purpose.

Jesus...people follow scientology FFS, and it's just another book like the Bible or Quaran.

No, I chose 10 rules that are basic to Christianity. From what I gather, Sharia Law is pretty basic to Islam. Why so much equivocation on your part?

At least 50 dead after suicide attack in Lahore park

LAHORE: At least 50 people have been killed in a suicide attack in Gulshan-i-Iqbal Park of Iqbal Town on Sunday evening. Adviser to Chief Minister on Health Salman Rafique confirmed the death toll. Edhi sources add that over 200 are injured.

Iqbal Town Superintendent Police Dr Muhammad Iqbal said the explosion has resulted in 53 deaths.

He added confirmed that this was a suicide attack and took place at a children's park, where a large number of families, especially women and children, were present.

DIG Operations Captain (Retd) Muhammad Usman confirmed the suicide attack, saying the head of the suicide bomber has been recovered. Ball bearings have also been found at the site.

The area is a renowned residential area of Lahore. The blast was just outside the exit gate and a few feet (metres) away from the children's swings.

Personally I haven't seen the poor treatment of women during my trips to Palestine nor Jordan. Women in both those places were treated normally. They drove, have jobs and some even dress provocatively.

If I had to guess why women's rights in some places aren't up to par I'd have to say it's because the men take advantage of the situation. Those women can't earn a living which means they can't support themselves and have no choice but to remain in an abusive relationship. They must prefer it that way.

I know what I'm missing. I've tried it. I used to drink as well. Don't miss either.

I think any religion or group that tells you what you can and cannot eat and drink is asinine.

Pentagon backed militias fighting CIA backed militias in Syria:

“It is an enormous challenge,” said Rep.Adam Schiff (D-Burbank), the top Democrat on the House Intelligence Committee, who described the clashes between U.S.-supported groups as “a fairly new phenomenon.”

“It is part of the three-dimensional chess that is the Syrian battlefield,” he said.

(snip)

Amid the setbacks, the Pentagon late last year deployed about 50 special operations forces to Kurdish-held areas in northeastern Syria to better coordinate with local militias and help ensure U.S.-backed rebel groups aren't fighting one another. But such skirmishes have become routine.

(snip)

The CIA, meanwhile, has its own operations center inside Turkey from which it has been directing aid to rebel groups in Syria, providing them with TOW antitank missiles from Saudi Arabian weapons stockpiles.

While the Pentagon's actions are part of an overt effort by the U.S. and its allies against Islamic State, the CIA's backing of militias is part of a separate covert U.S. effort aimed at keeping pressure on the Assad government in hopes of prodding the Syrian leader to the negotiating table.

At first, the two different sets of fighters were primarily operating in widely separated areas of Syria — the Pentagon-backed Syrian Democratic Forces in the northeastern part of the country and the CIA-backed groups farther west. But over the last several months, Russian airstrikes against anti-Assad fighters in northwestern Syria have weakened them. That created an opening which allowed the Kurdish-led groups to expand their zone of control to the outskirts of Aleppo, bringing them into more frequent conflict with the CIA-backed outfits.

(snip)

“Once they cross the border into Syria, you lose a substantial amount of control or ability to control their actions,” Jeffrey White, a former Defense Intelligence Agency official, said in a telephone interview. “You certainly have the potential for it becoming a larger problem as people fight for territory and control of the northern border area in Aleppo.”

http://www.latimes.com/world/middleeast/la-fg-cia-pentagon-isis-20160327-story.html

I know, right. What can go wrong when alcohol is involved?

A lot but that's up to the individual. But tell me what could go wrong by eating pork?

We have a Muslim that works for our firm who always says "you know I don't eat pork" "you know I don't drink alcohol." Yes Ed we know. You've only been telling us for 15 years.