Islamic Terrorism

B-Man

Wanna guess why 17 Middle Eastern men are training in middle of desert shouting "Allah Akbar?"

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2016/03/29/17-men-reportedly-heard-chanting-firing-off-shots-in-apple-valley-detained-released/

APPLE VALLEY (CBSLA.com) — Federal and local law enforcement authorities Tuesday are investigating after 17 men were detained for reportedly firing off hundreds of rounds in a remote part of Apple Valley.

proxy.jpg?t=HBhBaHR0cDovL2Nic2xhLmZpbGVz

Wanna guess why 17 Middle Eastern men are training in middle of desert shouting "Allah Akbar?"

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2016/03/29/17-men-reportedly-heard-chanting-firing-off-shots-in-apple-valley-detained-released/

APPLE VALLEY (CBSLA.com) Federal and local law enforcement authorities Tuesday are investigating after 17 men were detained for reportedly firing off hundreds of rounds in a remote part of Apple Valley.

Stop profiling, they are just playing in the sand while waiting to hear back from potential employers.

Stop profiling, they are just playing in the sand while waiting to hear back from potential employers.

This is different.

If they were in the Middle East and doing this, the problem is that there aren't any jobs and, y'know, global warming,

But this is in California, so if they end up murdering a bunch of people, it'll be because of California's lax gun laws.

You really need to keep up with your SoProg talking points.

Edited by LABillzFan

This is different.

If they were in the Middle East and doing this, the problem is that there aren't any jobs and, y'know, global warming,

But this is in California, so if they end up murdering a bunch of people, it'll be because of California's lax gun laws.

You really need to keep up with your SoProg talking points.

Can we at least figure out a way to blame it on the bullet train?

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2016/03/29/17-men-reportedly-heard-chanting-firing-off-shots-in-apple-valley-detained-released/ …

APPLE VALLEY (CBSLA.com) — Federal and local law enforcement authorities Tuesday are investigating after 17 men were detained for reportedly firing off hundreds of rounds in a remote part of Apple Valley.

Hmmm....it dawns on me that I have also fired hundreds of rounds in remote areas of Southern California with men of Middle Eastern descent. And probably will be doing so again in about two weeks.

Maybe 'Allah Akbar' is just shorthand for 'nice shot'.

Edited by KD in CT

Hmmm....it dawns on me that I have also fired hundreds of rounds in remote areas of Southern California with men of Middle Eastern descent. And probably will be doing so again in about two weeks.

Maybe 'Allah Akbar' is just shorthand for 'nice shot'.

I always get a kick out the media reporting that someone shot 'hundreds of rounds,' as if that number represents some excessively grotesque amount of ammo.

That's barely half an hour in the shooting range, let alone the desert, and I'm limited to ten rounds per magazine.

I always get a kick out the media reporting that someone shot 'hundreds of rounds,' as if that number represents some excessively grotesque amount of ammo.

That's barely half an hour in the shooting range, let alone the desert, and I'm limited to ten rounds per magazine.

I thought that too. Where my wife's cousin takes me in the desert there are tens of thousands of shells covering the ground. There are so many you have to push them aside to set your feet so you don't skate on them while shooting.

If 17 guys only shot 'hundreds' of rounds it means they forgot to stop at Walmart for more ammo.

Edited by KD in CT

I thought that too. Where my wife's cousin takes me in the desert there are tens of thousands of shells covering the ground. There are so many you have to push them aside to set your feet so you don't skate on them while shooting.

If 17 guys only shot 'hundreds' of rounds it means they forgot to stop at Walmart for more ammo.

They can still get ammo?

Today. Yes. But they're very close to banning all ammo that includes lead. It's already forbidden for hunters because it was giving animals lead poisoning.

Our shooting range's lease was not renewed due to the environmental issues. People are such !@#$ing idiots.

Today. Yes. But they're very close to banning all ammo that includes lead. It's already forbidden for hunters because it was giving animals lead poisoning.

God forbid you kill a deer with a lead slug, then have it develop neurological disorders years later...

Or when people are shocked that somebody has thousands of rounds of ammo.

Ammo is no different than any other non perishable consumable.

Find a decent price, buy it in bulk, and store it someplace dry. Use it when you need it and when you get low keep an eye on prices for the next stock up.

Or when people are shocked that somebody has thousands of rounds of ammo.

Ammo is no different than any other non perishable consumable.

Find a decent price, buy it in bulk, and store it someplace dry. Use it when you need it and when you get low keep an eye on prices for the next stock up.

Its an investment. It is only going to increase in value and cost. It has a very long shelf life. Buy it cheap and stock it deep.

I finally bought a .22lr rifle (been holding off due to ammo scarcity) lately I have actually been finding it on store shelves. I'm almost to 1000rds. My goal would be to get up to about 5000rds stocked at home. I would be content with that for awhile at least.

But let's face it 90% of non gun owner, anti gun types think you shouldn't have more than about 10 bullets at home at any given time. It's apparent in the way they cover and portray any story involving guns and ammo. So whatever....

Yes. Castro Valley actually.

I heard they were struggling to keep their lease. To bad they were very good there. I took one gun safety class there and it was great. That place is in the middle of no where. They were not bothering anyone or anything.

Edited by Dante

I heard they were struggling to keep their lease. To bad they were very good there. I took one gun safety class there and it was great. That place is in the middle of no where. They were not bothering anyone or anything.

Tell that to the local anti-gun crowd. I was very informed on what was going on with this situation. Chabot sent out lots of very lengthy emails with regard to the situation.

From the Sr. Rangemaster:

At its March 1, 2016 meeting, the East Bay Regional Parks District (EBRPD) Board of Directors voted to not renew Chabot Gun Club’s (CGC) lease. The action spells the end for a shooting range that has been a beloved destination for hundreds of thousands of gun owners throughout the Bay Area for the past 60 years.

It is estimated that nearly 1,000 people showed up to the Board of Directors meeting–the largest turnout the Board has ever seen. Over 90% of those in attendance supported keeping the range open, many wearing blue (CGC’s color) and carrying signs to show their support.

The Board ignored their pleas, and also ignored the pleas of the thousands of range supporters who sent letters and emails to the Board over the past two years. The Board also ignored letters from the NRA and CRPA which offered funds to help solve CGC’s environmental issues, a letter of support from Alameda County District 4 Supervisor Nate Miley, letters submitted by non-profit organizations like the Pink Pistols, and letters of support from surrounding shooting ranges, including Baypoint Rod & Gun Club and Richmond Rod & Gun Club. Those nearby ranges pointed out that they cannot accommodate all the shooters that are going to be displaced from CGC.

The Board didn’t care. Despite more than five hours and over 200 people making comments in favor of keeping the range open, the Board unanimously voted to deny renewal of CGC’s lease. Now CGC must shut down within a year.

The Board’s vote was based almost entirely on a recommendation and biased evaluation presented to the Board in one-sided reports prepared by EBRPD staffers, who have wanted to shut down the range for years. For the past two years CGC has battled EBRPD staff, who were determined all along to close the range. EBRPD staff has repeatedly exaggerated the problems associated with managing lead at the range. EBRPD staff released a “Draft Informational Report” that drastically misrepresented the extent of the environmental issues at the range, and grossly inflated the costs of managing stormwater run-off.

At the EBRPD Staff’s request, CGC developed a comprehensive environmental management plan and sent multiple impact mitigation proposals for EBRPD staff approval. And when the EBRPD staff arbitrarily raised the environmental standards they wanted to impose to be more stringent than state laws requires, CGC still came up with a way to meet these unnecessarily higher standards. Then the EBRPD staff pulled something akin to a bait and switch, and gave CGC only 60 days to prepare a comprehensive business-plan type proposal, which not only had to address environmental mitigation measures, but also had to show an ability to pay for unnecessary and exorbitant environmental management fees.

CGC rose to that challenge too, but EBRPD staff provided the Board with grossly inflated estimates of what it supposedly would cost to run the range so that the Board would be forced to vote to shut the range without even giving it a chance. EBRPD staff claimed that it would cost $200,000 a year to contain filter stormwater runoff, and $2-$20 million in long-term cleanup costs. These grossly exaggerated cleanup costs were used as the pretext to get rid of the range. Even though CGC did everything to address EBRPD Staff’s concerns, from proposing to raise shooting fees by $6 per user to pay for cleanup costs, to offering to pay for all cleanup costs, to making improvements to the stormwater runoff system so that it complied with state standards, but the EBRPD staff refused to acknowledge the merit of any of it.

We will keep you informed of updates as the range winds down its operations. This is a great loss for shooting sports participants and for those who believe in the right to keep and bear arms.