Islamic Terrorism

B-Man

Good Lord, what a passionless speech, with the usual laundry list of non realistic responses.

The only time he seemed animated was in the defense of Islam.

"Let's not treat groups of Americans differently"

Tell the IRS.

Edited by B-Man

Good Lord, what a passionless speech, with the usual laundry list of non realistic responses.

The only time he seemed animated was in the defense of Islam.

"Let's not treat groups of Americans differently"

Tell the IRS.

That was horrible. Brainless, thoughtless pablum.

I take it I'm the only one that noticed he contradicted himself?

WHY THEY’RE TALKING ABOUT GUNS:

CNN/ORC Poll: “Do you approve or disapprove of the way Barack Obama is handling ISIS, the Islamic militant group that controls some areas of Iraq and Syria?” Approve: 33%; Disapprove: 64%.

That was horrible. Brainless, thoughtless pablum.

I take it I'm the only one that noticed he contradicted himself?

I must be tired Tom Thought Leader, the whole pointless speech seemed contradictory to me.

Which part did you mean?

also why did he put a podium in front of his desk in the Oval Office ? wasn't that the whole point of having it in there.

I must be tired Tom Thought Leader, the whole pointless speech seemed contradictory to me.

Which part did you mean?

Pretty much all of it I listened to. I turned to the Sabres after he said everyone else was fighting under our leadership - that was insultingly false.

The other high points for me were him redefining terrorism to include just about any act of violence involving people who are different, and suddenly admitting that the Ft. Hood shootings weren't workplace violence (though they were).

also why did he put a podium in front of his desk in the Oval Office ? wasn't that the whole point of having it in there.

I didn't even notice that.

Probably he can't sit down and read a teleprompter at the same time. I'm not even kidding - standing and speaking might be so ingrained into his psyche right now that he's just not comfortable sitting and delivering a speech. I've seen stranger speaking quirks.

Edited by DC Tom

It was not just a short speech, it was a small speech.

There wasn’t much to it. No proposals. No change of course. Barely a mention of gun control.

Really nothing Grand or Large. So why the speech from the Oval Office?..............just because ?

Here's a recap for apolitical fans:

1. People NOT on no-fly list kill 14 Americans

2. Obama makes this about no-fly list

3. Press plays along

Why stop with the 2nd Amendment ? No-fliers shouldn't speak or worship; make them quarter soldiers..................

Edited by B-Man

SPEAKING FROM AN ALTERNATE REALITY: Obama Actually Thought He Was Being Reassuring Tonight.

OBAMA’S SPEECH: Too Little, Too Late.

“Obama’s decision to deliver his third-ever Oval Office 
address is a tacit admission that even the White House knows the president is losing the trust of voters. His stubborn refusal to call the killings a terrorist act — in the face of clear evidence that convinced even the FBI — is just the latest in a pattern of denial.”

obamas_empty_chair_12-6-15.jpg

CNN panelist: ISIS will laugh at this speech - Barack Obama’s speech on ISIS and gun control from the Oval Office... http://ow.ly/38LqTl

Byron York: Why did Obama give that terrorism speech?

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/article/2577751

President Obama reportedly gave his Oval Office address Sunday night in an effort to make up for a seeming lack of sensitivity to the public's concerns about terrorism in the wake of Paris and San Bernardino. But in the end, Obama's brief speech — immediately after, he donned a tuxedo and dashed to a Kennedy Center gala — contained no new measures against ISIS, and he spent as much time repeating old warnings not to offend Muslim sensibilities as he spent discussing any particular effort to combat terrorism.

{snip}

In that section Obama made a fairly serious mistake, saying he has ordered federal officials "to review the visa waiver program under which the female terrorist in San Bernardino originally came to this country." But Tashfeen Malik did not come to the U.S. under such a waiver, and the White House had to issue a corrected text afterward.

Maybe THIS is why, It's all about the money

Revealingly, DCCC isn't fundraising off Obama's Oval Office "terrorism speech" but off his gun control speech.

CVmA4Y8UwAESvHM.jpg

In that section Obama made a fairly serious mistake, saying he has ordered federal officials "to review the visa waiver program under which the female terrorist in San Bernardino originally came to this country." But Tashfeen Malik did not come to the U.S. under such a waiver, and the White House had to issue a corrected text afterward.

I find it remarkable that Barry not only got this wrong in his speech, but also continued going down the road of "if you're on the no-fly list, you should not be able to buy a gun."

He either doesn't care enough about his speech to look it over, or isn't smart enough to understand how wrong he is on both items. Isn't he supposed to have a law degree or something? Does he not understand due process?

I find it remarkable that Barry not only got this wrong in his speech, but also continued going down the road of "if you're on the no-fly list, you should not be able to buy a gun."

He either doesn't care enough about his speech to look it over, or isn't smart enough to understand how wrong he is on both items. Isn't he supposed to have a law degree or something? Does he not understand due process?

Constitutional rights being taken away by a bureaucrat's pen? I wonder why the NRA and other gun organizations are slow to "compromise." <_<